Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 5,461 to 5,480 of 69,981

WebHead

I hope Iwata is smiling from the heavens.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

TuVictus

At the moment everyone is super hyped and promising this is Nintendos return and blah blah blah. Which is fine, get excited. I'm getting the thing when it releases. But I'm tempering my excitement. Remember how promising the wii u seemed when it was revealed?

That said, I enjoy the idea of being able to play anywhere, though I'll be honest with myself and realize I'm not lugging that sensitive, uncovered screen around with me. Feature is cool, but useless for someone like me. Show me the games because that's the important part. Oh, and proper triggers.

TuVictus

Eel

Heh part of me is afraid the screen will eventually slide down and off from the joycons.

I hope their connection is solidly made.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MarcelRguez

It was amazing. Even expecting the concept beforehand, I'm blown away by the execution. Having Skyrim in there was the biggest surprise and I hope it's a sign of things to come.

Also, Image & Form have confirmed that they have been working on a Switch game for a year now. They're the first European devs to know what it is, so we can rule out other European studios for the time being.

@skywake Sweet, sweet payback.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

WebHead

any news on games?

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

TuVictus

Price is also going to be tricky. Smart of them to go on record with it as a home console with portable capabilities. Because if people see it as a portable with TV out, the $300/$400 price tag is going to be ridiculous similar to the 3ds launch. Of course, I'd argue $300 for a console that is not as powerful as an xbox one and $400 for a bundle which is what the pro will be at is... A Very optimistic approach, I'll put it that way. Of course to us, that seems worth it. But John Doe is going to be the one Nintendo wants to impress.

TuVictus

Haruki_NLI

I can now, very safely, and proudly confirm that Prime (Tentative title) previously slated for Wii U, is in development for Nintendo Switch. @Inkling

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Joeynator3000

If MH5 isn't on this thing, I'm....going to....throw a rock....at Capcom's window.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

MarcelRguez

@WebHead My thoughts:

• Zelda looks just the same, which is good. Doesn't alienate anyone.
  • I don't think that Mario Kart and Splatoon are new games. They are probably just expanded versions of the previous Wii U outings.
  • That Mario game, though, is new. Looks good, but there's not a lot to say.
  • Either the previous-gen versions of Skyrim look better than I remembered or that's the remastered version. If it is, then the Switch should be competent enough specs-wise.
  • I have no idea what that basketball game is.

About potential titles, the possibilities are endless. I've said this since July, but Monster Hunter alone is going to take Japan by storm in this device. I'm hoping to hear from Ubisoft and Square in the upcoming days. Maybe Bandai Namco and Koei might follow suit.

Also, given the solid info Laura Dern has provided, I 100% believe Beyond Good & Evil 2 will be a Switch exclusive.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

Eel

That basketball game may be important though. Sports fans are many, and Nintendo's current consoles completely lack games for them.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Shinion

@MarcelRguez it's 'the' basketball game, official liscened one from EA, don't ask me the name because I'm not American and IDGAF about basketball

But yeah overall very well done. The naysayers are gonna have a hard time dampening people's excitement for this thing over the next few month. Not that they'll stop, I mean they've already been at it for years, an overwhelmingly positive reception to the system ain't gonna stop them unfortunately.

Good stuff that people are happy. I'll probably be late to the party as I won't be able to make expensive purchases until next June. Jealous of all you Day Oners

Shinion

TuVictus

Im really really really hoping they have some sort of console wide party chat. I would absolutely love that.

But then again, Nintendo.

TuVictus

dtjive

MarcelRguez wrote:

@WebHead

• I don't think that Mario Kart and Splatoon are new games. They are probably just expanded versions of the previous Wii U outings.

Yeah, I'm thinking that MK will just be the Wii U game with some extras. Some predictions:

-current DLC content included in the game
-8 brand new courses (e.g. two extra cups)
-double item feature (shown in trailer)
-new characters (as shown in trailer)
-hopefully they design specific battle mode levels

dtjive

MarcelRguez

@Shinion NBA Live? That's good. The Wii U also had an NBA Live title, if I'm not mistaken, so of course it doesn't imply continuous support, but it's good to see it there.

Happy? I'm freaking pumped, man. Even if it doesn't get a single third-party game, being able to play every game Nintendo puts out both at home and on the go in only one device is an insta-deal for me.

@dtjive If they add enought things, we have a deal. This can't do worse than Wii U, I don't see how it could happen.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

novaDRGN

The presentation was awesome, I feel like Nintendo actually tried this time. They obviously created more questions that I need answering, but for the moment, I feel confrontable in getting a Nintendo Switch at launch.

novaDRGN

TuVictus

I think our reaction isn't something surprising. Let's be honest, most everyone here was gonna be happy with whatever it ended up being. We have to wait for the reactions of the general population

TuVictus

Nicolai

My only concern with what I saw (not counting things that weren't shown, like specs and performance) is how flimsy that kickstand looks. Is that really going to hold up that big thing well enough? On slight slopes and with turbulence?

A minor detail I know.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

MarcelRguez

Oh, if only these specs were true

@NintyFan Good call about Animal Crossing. I've always been torn when it comes to that series, I don't know which style I prefer. Guess I don't have to choose anymore!

@Operative Very true. Price can make it or break it, and I don't think it's going to be that affordable.

MarcelRguez

gcunit

@Nicolai I was just looking for this thread to ask if anyone knows where I can buy a replacement kickstand from because I've already broken mine, but you've ninja'd me while I was reading the 'killed Switch' thread.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic