Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 46,141 to 46,160 of 70,011

Heavyarms55

@Magician Well yeah, it does. I am not exactly collecting games, I just live in Japan. But I can still get you my list when I get home.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Heavyarms55

@Seananigans Reporting your old Switch as stolen would be bricking it the next time it goes online and could get some in trouble if they tried to sell it. The serial number would be flagged as stolen. It's why many stored will not buy a used console without that number.

Heavyarms55

@Seananigans wiping the Switch doesn't change the serial number. As I understand it, that's locked to the motherboard and cannot be changed.

Ninfan

Did anyone see that deal gamestop are doing. If you trade in your switch and 1 select game you can get the new animal crossing switch for €99 normally €389. Good deal for an old switch

Ninfan

TuVictus

FragRed wrote:

This is treason of the highest order

Tbh I'm surprised he owned any consoles. I know for appearances he would talk about what games he was playing, but he always seemed like, to me, that executive that only pretends to be a fan of the stuff for the company he manages for PR purposes. Though I'm sure by now it's more genuine.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

HobbitGamer

Anyone picking up Knights & Bikes? I saw it lasts around 8 hours, but wondered about replay value. I loved the Costume Quest and Stacking games from DF.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

DannyBoi

My switch is currently looking at me wondering how it will foolme next. Will it try to get me to buy a new game? Will it try to make me unknowingly change settings? Or will it try to eat me? Switch: mwaaahah mwwhahaha

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

rallydefault

@PikPi
You are definitely correct. Did you see him "play" Smash the first time they brought back the world tournament or whatever (around E3 time). He literally just kept walking off the side of the stage - did not seem like someone who even remotely knew how to play most video games. I was so embarrassed for him. I was surprised they let him out there like that; people must have known it was gonna make him look like a total poser.

Kinda make me lose some respect for Reggie if I'm being honest. I mean, he's a business guy, I get it, but he pretends to be so entrenched in the culture.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

FragRed

@rallydefault Don't they all do that when you are the front of the brand? Pretend to be entrenched in the culture? Phil Spencer always seems to come across as a hardcore gamer that owns all the systems and plays all the games, but he's a business man first and foremost and when you read his interviews away from the gamers, it's obvious he's not really bothered about gaming the way he makes himself out to be.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

Regarding Platinum 4, I wonder if Anarchy Reigns is one of them. I've been looking back at the Astral Chain reveal trailer and 4 games were named dropped:

• The Wonderful 101
  • Bayonetta
  • NieR: Automata
  • Anarchy Reigns

Wonderful 101 is the first game of Platinum 4 (PC/Switch/PS4), Bayonetta is getting a XB1/PS4 remaster this month, NieR: Automata is on PC/XB1/PS4 meanwhile Anarchy Reigns is only on old systems (PS3/360).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano I'd prefer a chance to finally play MadWorld personally, but I wouldn't turn down Anarchy Reins either. Though it can't be that hard to find a MadWorld disc I'm sure...

link3710

NintendoByNature

@link3710 I've been researching madworld myself as i missed out on it. Amazon has it for 16 bucks new in the u.s. I'm so close to just grabbing it, but I suppose i could wait til all 4 games are revealed from platinum

NintendoByNature

rallydefault

@FragRed
Phil Spencer does ACTUALLY play games. A couple hours on Live most nights when he can squeeze it in, according to the article I'm linking. You should've chosen someone else to make your point. https://www.gamespot.com/articles/phil-spencer-is-exactly-who...

Most companies do want their public faces to appear part of the culture, but not all. PlayStation...??? I don't know. I mean, come on dude, it's hard because the gaming culture is ultimately still pretty small. Just covered the big three right there, so I guess you're left with like EA, Activision, Ubisoft... I don't remember any of those companies trying to sell me their public guy as a true gamer or anything.

The Reggie thing was gross and I just can't believe they let it happen. It's cute to have Pokémon on your desk and Mario mugs and all that stuff, but when he would go on and on about the Nintendo games he enjoyed... and then having to watch him apparently have no idea how a joystick works. It was mindboggling how they let him out on that stage. It's not that he wasn't a bro gamer or anything, he literally couldn't even move the character in a way to not fall off the stage.

rallydefault

JaxonH

Persona 5 Scramble is seriously legit.

It feels like a mainline Persona game in almost every respect, just with action combat. What it doesn’t feel like is a Warriors game. Which is quite the accomplishment given the core structure of the combat is based on Warriors. It’s just that everything else is different, and even the combat itself just doesn’t feel typical of Warriors. It may have started out as a “Hyrule Warriors” for Persona, but that’s not what it ultimately turned out to be. This is something else entirely.

It’s almost like they took the core structure of P5, and just swapped out dungeon turn based combat for action-combat. I’m generalizing here but it really does feel that way. You run into an enemy like normal JRPGs and go into a separate battle screen (pretty instantaneous), and fight a small group of enemies to “clear” the battle, and then you keep going. And the combat is really fun! You can hop on lamp posts kind of like Batman Arkham style, and leap from lamp post to lamp post, and at any time you can press X to drop down and do this crazy Matrix Reloaded swinging attack that knocks em all down. You’ve got skills where you can freeze time (reminiscent of a turn based game where you’re choosing your attack), you can do special moves every now and then which, I don’t totally understand because I wasn’t able to read and understand the tutorials, but I do know that the A button pops up from time to time and you can do these special attack on enemies.

People want Persona 5 on Switch... well, this is basically it. It’s structured like a Persona game. What this is not, is a B-grade spinoff. In fact, it’s not even an A-tier spinoff. This is, pound for pound, taking the mainline games to task. I may end up liking this game just as much as P4 and P5. And that’s really saying something. Obviously this is subject to change because I haven’t really understood the dialogue. However, I am visually observing the cut scenes, the dialogue and the structure and how it matches up with the main games. So I think it’s a fair assumption to say the dialogue is going to be on pretty much the same level.

This game is practically identical to Persona 5 in at least 75% of its structure, even down to the snazzy menu transition animations. Where it differs, it does so respectfully and makes a compelling case for equality with the mainline entries. Different doesn’t necessarily mean worse.

Just look at this cool attack I did

And some screenshots I took:

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

GeeEmm

@JaxonH

That’s great to hear. Just wish they’d announce a western release date already.

GeeEmm

Ninfan

That's a good game, YET ANOTHER ZOMBIE DEFENSE HD

Ninfan

NotTelevision

@JaxonH I agree. I was really impressed with the amount of work that went into it. It really looks and feels like the mainline game.

Although I hope the game does a good job in establishing the characters for those who haven’t played P5. They are in many ways very broad archetypes (arty, geeky, studious, punk), but explaining their backgrounds a bit would help newcomers.

NotTelevision

TuVictus

Got some new joy cons after being jealous of the SO's set. Ideally I would have loved two Dark blue ones, but since they only come with the neon yellow, I went with that. Such a nicer feel in build compared to my launch day joy con.

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic