Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 44,661 to 44,680 of 70,082

BruceCM

What do you mean, 2nd level of Witcher 3, @link3710 .... ? You apparently haven't levelled up yet & can't have found any points of power
Where, exactly, are you?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Magician

NintendoByNature wrote:

For TW3: I really need some help on information regarding this game. I REALLY want to try it out, but I've read some mixed information online regarding the difficulty. When a game is so brutally difficult, I tend to get too frustrated and end up quitting the game( dark souls was this game for me).

Once you learn the passive that lets you deflect arrow bolts and you learn the spell that absorbs one physical attack from an enemy, TW3 combat becomes boringly easy. No more difficult than combat in the Batman Arkham series or Assassin's Creed. Attack, dodge, attack, counter, attack, dodge, attack, counter....

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NintendoByNature

@Magician very good. I actually love the combat in ac and arkham games. Guess I'll catch on pretty easily( im hoping)

NintendoByNature

rallydefault

@NintendoByNature
Yea, I would sum up at the combat as...fun, but personally I'm done with it at like the 40-hour mark lol But yea, it's that typical attack/roll/map spells to buttons kind of combat.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

BruceCM

I much preferred it to the Arkham games, personally..... None of the QTE fighting!

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

@rallydefault I hear ya. I'm usually done with every game by the 40 hr Mark anyway haha. That's my only concern getting into this game, is that it'll be a real time sink.

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

I enjoy the combat, personally. It's very simple, but forces you to pay attention to enemy movement patterns.

Like Monster Hunter or Souls, but very streamlined and not nearly as challenging.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

link3710

@BruceCM okay, so you know where you start off and get to ride your horse? This ghoul attacks you as you run along the path. I've come close to killing it twice now (it takes like, 20 hits), just gotta dive back in and I should manage it.

link3710

JaxonH

I didn’t find the “block crossbow arrows” skill very useful. Rarely am I involved in fights where I’m getting shot at with arrows. And when I am I very easily dodge them or kill the person soon after. Decided to go for more weighty skills like undying so your adrenaline refills your life if you “die” and the food one, where any food item refills your life for 30 minutes.

Started Pokémon. It’s fantastic so far, game looks so crisp and clean. Man it feels good to upgrade from the 3DS. Basically feels like how Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate felt after playing 1,000 hrs on the 3DS.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

IceClimbers

Hellblade is 50% off on the US eShop right now.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

SuperSpaghetti

Interesting insight about AC3, thanks guys. Also speaking of Ubisoft, I wonder why Watch_Dogs hasn’t been ported over yet, it was on the WIIU. I, for one enjoyed that title unlike many, but I always enjoy a solid title on the go.

Future games collector

BruceCM

The 1st monsters I remember are about 5 ghouls, @link3710 ... They each die in 3 or 4 hits & Vesemmir is helping you
Maybe adjust difficulty down? You can readjust it later, when you're more familiar with the game Otherwise, Axii basically stuns enemies for a few seconds, which should help. Or learn to avoid it's attacks?

SW-4357-9287-0699

rallydefault

@SuperSpaghetti
I liked Watch Dogs, too. I played it on... my Xbox, I think? I don't even remember, but it was a solid game. Had a slightly different twist on all the open-world stuff. Haven't played the second one, though.

Anybody here watch Worth a Buy on YouTube? He mostly does PC games, but I like him. He can brutal, though, but his preferences seem to match up with mine: a bit jaded against open-world, climb-the-tower type games. Anyway, when Witcher III came out, he railed against the combat. Had some funny clips of him just rolling around constantly and the enemy AI acting pretty dumb trying to hit him. Said it was on the hardest difficulty, too lol

rallydefault

link3710

@BruceCM Oh right, no, it's past that. It's after the inn/bar place. And maybe I should? But I'm getting close, I've been learning to chain my dodges and signs to keep myself going for a long time at least.

link3710

BruceCM

Ah, well, after the Inn, you might be exploring anywhere, potentially, @link3710 .... It isn't a Witcher contract or secondary quest, right?
It might be one of the tougher monsters around that you might want to come back to a bit later?

SW-4357-9287-0699

SuperSpaghetti

I’ve heard that some areas on Breath of the Wild are extremely hard/impossible to complete on the Lite due to missing HD Rumble in the controllers. Did anyone experience this?

Future games collector

WoomyNNYes

@SuperSpaghetti I can't recall anything that required rumble to complete in Breath of the Wild, so I think @Galenmereth is accurate. My concern playing BOTW handheld would be whether to use motion aiming or thumbstick aiming.

In case you hadn't seen this: games that don't work on the Switch.
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/11/guide_which_switch_...

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic