Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 44,681 to 44,700 of 69,983

NintendoByNature

@ralizah So I ended up grabbing a digital copy of sword today. That's not to say i won't grab TW3, but I'd MUCH rather have Tw3 in physical with that sweet 32gb cart. So ill be picking that up in a few weeks. And i had some eshop credit/gold coins so I only had spend a few bucks to grab sword. I'll probably tackle it with my daughter as it'll be both of our first experiences with a Pokemon game.

NintendoByNature

link3710

@BruceCM Nope, haven't found either of those things yet. It's literally just the first monster I encountered when I headed in the direction of the main quest.

link3710

BruceCM

Well, that shouldn't be anything very strong, @link3710 .... Just to check, it's on the way from the inn to the Nilfgaard Garrison?
Which might be one of the guarded treasures or something? That'd explain why it's tougher
There's an easy quest you can pick up around the village before going there, though

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

SuperSpaghetti

Thanks for the answers. I was thinking of gyro and the shrine. Thanks guys for that list as well, luckily nothing essential I’d want is on there.

Future games collector

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature Yeah, if there's one game it makes sense to go physical on, it's The Witcher 3.

How old is your daughter, if you don't mind my asking? Anyway, it sounds like a great experience to have with her! Will you switch off, or will one of you play and the other watch?

@SuperSpaghetti The only thing you might have issues with is certain moons in Mario Odyssey, which rely on motion gestures with detached joycons and HD rumble. But the game is still perfectly playable otherwise.

And, in general, so are the vast majority of games. It's why I've transitioned to the Switch Lite as my primary model of choice.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Grumblevolcano

@Ralizah I saw a video showing that screen shaking happens for Odyssey rumble moons on the Switch Lite.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah no problem at all. Shes soon to be 7. Well probabaly switch off and work together on it. Shes able to read pretty well Now, so it works out.

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature If you ever get Let's Go, that has a sort of co-op mode where two players can run around and battle and capture Pokemon together.

Ralizah

@Grumblevolcano I wonder if that's exclusive to Switch Lite, or if it's just an effect that was always there?

Now if they'd just patch in a workaround for the upward hat toss!

Grumblevolcano

@Ralizah Exclusive to Switch Lite, must have been added with the VR update.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano Nope, it's always been there. Only happened if you switched rumble off in the system settings.

link3710

JaxonH

Just got this Luigi’s Mansion 3 steelbook in the mail, imported from Europe where it was exclusive to GAME in the UK. Glow in the dark. Oddly, Amazon Germany put it up for sale separately for $15 with global shipping. So I jumped on that with the quickness.

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

DenDen

@JaxonH looks amazing!

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Zuljaras

@JaxonH Does the 15$ global shipping works to import from US as well? I am trying to find a way to import US games to Europe but the cost is 40$ and above. The only exception is Limited Run Games.

gcunit

@Star-Lord You've already missed a better deal - Very.co.uk were doing Switch v2 for £259.99, but with £50 off for new accounts = £209.99.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JaxonH

@Zuljaras
That was the cost of the steelbook, not the shipping. I just meant they offered global shipping rather than only to people in Germany.

When I import from Amazon Japan and any Amazon in Europe, it’s incredibly cheap. I’d say, typically I pay around $8-15 shipping. And the cost of the item usually drops in checkout because the VAT tax doesn’t apply to me, or whatever tax is for people in that country.

I don’t know why importing from Amazon US would be any different than the other Amazons. Might want to research that.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

Subscription services in Nintendo games sure are spreading fast...

Grumblevolcano

Zuljaras

@JaxonH I will check if amazon.com calculates shipping to my country and if I have to pay customs because the customs is the troubling part. They might hold my item and tell me to pay a tax usually around 40$. And I want to avoid that

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic