Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 43,781 to 43,800 of 70,001

NintendoByNature

I should be finishing up jet kave adventure AND Sydney Hunter tonight. With that said, I'll have some free time til next Friday when ori actually drops and Saturday when I play links awakening. Not sure what ill do? Maybe try to Speed run Alttp or original LoZ. Maybe give the ori demo a whirl tonight. Honestly I should it should be a benefit but demo's kinda mess with me. I hate that I can't start a game and continue its full experience right away. So I'm not sure if i want to get sucked in and not be able to go all out.

NintendoByNature

Magician

So were does the Switch rank with everyone in regards to Nintendo's console history? I think I'm comfortable acknowledging the Switch as Nintendo's best. Yes, I hold a lot of fondness for the SNES, it was the right time and place in my life and those memories will never be topped. Yes, the NES saved the console gaming industry from obscurity.

However, no Nintendo platform has ever had a library of games like the Switch. Only 31 months on the market and there's already over 2,600 games to play, games across multiple genres. What was the SNES best known for? JRPGs. The N64? Local multiplayer. The Switch? Jack-of-all, master of none.

I can't remember a better time as a Nintendo fan, and we've got three or four more years of releases to look forward to.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

AndyD

Magician wrote:

So were does the Switch rank with everyone in regards to Nintendo's console history? I think I'm comfortable acknowledging the Switch as Nintendo's best. Yes, I hold a lot of fondness for the SNES, it was the right time and place in my life and those memories will never be topped. Yes, the NES saved the console gaming industry from obscurity.

However, no Nintendo platform has ever had a library of games like the Switch. Only 31 months on the market and there's already over 2,600 games to play, games across multiple genres. What was the SNES best known for? JRPGs. The N64? Local multiplayer. The Switch? Jack-of-all, master of none.

I can't remember a better time as a Nintendo fan, and we've got three or four more years of releases to look forward to.

Yeah, considering with the switch (for the most part), I have been able to play new games that are great and old retro games that defined a generation all in one place. I would say the switch is probably my favorite. It combines some of the best aspects of all of nintendo into one. Although, the NES is what got me started in gaming, and the SNES and N64 defined some genres, those aspects have grown. Oh and I have been able to re-introduce my kids to some of the best old retro games that helped shape the newer ones.

Edited on by AndyD

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

BruceCM

Since I never had a console before the Switch, @Magician .... It's a better handheld than any before, too

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

NintendoByNature

As much love as i had for nes growing up, And the n64 blew my 11yr old mind away, the switch is my favorite console of all time. It's not even really close. It's not without flaws though. Controller issues, screen issues(scratching), lack of true vc hamper it. If they can bring more legacy consoles to the switch its an all in one machine.

NintendoByNature

Sadist

The Switch is slowly turning into my favourite Nintendo console; it hasn’t been three years since launch.

While I missed out on the NES, SNES and N64, (played on those a lot though) but I had a lot of fun ever since my first Gameboy, the Pocket edition, but the Switch is next to the DS the most complete system, if that makes any sense.

Sadist

Grumblevolcano

@scubydo It's the same on all consoles, the XB1 and PS4 discs only have like 1KB of data on it so practically just a download.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TuVictus

We had to sell some games, but gamestop surprised us with some of the trade in rates and the SO was able to get Daemon, Link's Awakening, and Astral Chain with the trade credit. Felt like Christmas, almost.

TuVictus

DenDen

@JaxonH
Tnx you did it again.
Did pre load oni now 😥😊🙈.
Also pre loaded little town

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

rallydefault

@Magician
I think the SNES will always be #1 for me. Just too many classics on that thing in so many different genres. But Switch is probably #2.

rallydefault

HobbitGamer

@PikPi Awesome! All great picks

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JaxonH

@DenDen
Ori has to be in my top 10 faves of all time. The game is that good. I think people are going to be amazed at how great it is. Forget Cuphead. Ori is where it’s at.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

DenDen

@JaxonH
I will see next week together with dragon quest.
Hope I have finished fe en zelda by ththen wn

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

OorWullie

Grid Autosport is so good. With the high res car patch it looks incredible in handheld. I haven't tried it on the TV yet.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

JaxonH

Ni No Kuni is looking spectacular on the Switch Lite. Man oh man. What a quality game, and a quality port.

May be a bit compressed from a pic which was then uploaded. But on the screen it’s super crisp.

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Eel

Baltoro games has a rather nice sale going on. If you happen to own any of their other games, you get Flowlines VS and 2048 Battles for free.

I bought Klondlike Solitaire (Which btw is a rather nice solitaire game with a lot of aesthetic options to unlock) some time ago, so that qualified.

So yes, if you happen to have any of their games just go and get those two for free.

Other of their games are also part of it, but they're regular discounts instead of free downloads.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Matthew010

I'm weak...
I just gave in to a deal to get the turquoise Switch Lite and Link's Awakening for £189.99.
Damn you Currys.

Edited on by Matthew010

Matthew010

Ralizah

@JaxonH How you enjoying your Lite Switch? Ni no Kuni is absolutely a gorgeous game, based on the videos and screenshots I've seen. I think I'm going to save it, Ori, and Celeste to play on the Pokemon S/S Lite I've got coming in November.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic