Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 43,761 to 43,780 of 69,981

BruceCM

Downloaded Ori, @JaxonH .... Playing Ni No Kuni, on my Lite Switch

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

JaxonH

@BruceCM
Ooh, what color? I have a grey one on delivery today. Ni No Kuni is next, after I play the Ori demo a bit more. I started it earlier after some Link’s Awakening, but had to see Ori on Switch. Looks every bit as good as it did when I played on Xbox,

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

BruceCM

Turquoise, @JaxonH .... I'll get around to the Ori demo soon, hopefully

SW-4357-9287-0699

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH Does save data transfer to the full game? If not I'll just wait for the full game to come.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Yes.

Save data transfers to the full game in the Ori and the Blind Forest demo.

In case anyone else is wondering.

Ori demo feedback

They’ve done it! It’s perfection! A flawless game with flawless performance. That full 1080p docked/720p handheld 60fps really shows. And it runs without a single hitch, unlike some of today’s other releases (eh hem...). This is it. It’s all money. Ori and the Blind Forest on Nintendo Switch is exactly what all video games should strive to be. Not only one of the best video games but one of the best looking and best running video games, all compacted onto a hybrid gaming device for your portable gaming pleasure.

I can’t get over how good this game looks and runs on the Switch. It’s immaculate. This is a dream come true and the demo... it finally makes it feel like it’s real.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haruki_NLI

My little sister's Switch Lite arrived. I popped a spare SD Card in it, gonna be buying games in the two months up to her birthday. It's the Yellow one (Kinda greenish-orange to me being colour blind) and while I would prefer the Turqoise (Its blue people) one, gotta say just playing with it is....remarkably good.

It feels smaller yes, but not massively. The buttons are nice, but I kinda prefer the Joy-Con probably just because of length of use. My only gripe is my eyes have a slight issue focusing on the smaller screen. Then again, that may also pass.

It's a good investment. I'll be getting one myself later in time after my next payslip, just for use every now and then.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JaxonH

Flawless Victory

NintendoByNature

Pre-loaded ori already, the demo too,but I don't even think the demo is necessary. I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

Ori is a game so universally praised (as I said myself for years, it’s the best game on the Xbox One), that the only thing that really matters is how the game holds up in terms of resolution, framerate and bugs.

And as we can see, it’s peak performance without so much as a single dropped frame or pixel. Which given the power and architecture of the system and how many shaky releases we see, that’s no small feat.

But just in case somebody has been living under a rock, has never played a Metroidvania before and has no idea what the game is, there’s a demo. As far as I’m concerned the only purpose of the demo is to wipe the foam from my mouth as I try to wait another 7 days.

Switch Lite
I just got my gray switch lite and, I have some impressions.

1 It’s smaller than I thought. Noticeably smaller. I saw plenty of pictures of how big it is but you don’t truly understand how small it is until you hold it in your hands. It honestly feels like a PS Vita, in terms of size. Just a smidge bigger. Which is in pretty big contrast from the original model, which feels like you’re holding a tablet rather than a handheld. It also fit in my shorts pocket easily, whereas the original model was this huge brick outline impression with the corner sticking out of my pocket. Take

Takeaway? The system is tiny. And pocketable.

2 The screen looks better with the higher PPI count. It’s not a huge difference but it is a difference and you can definitely tell games look that much more sharp.

3 it’s incredibly comfortable to hold. I can’t stress this enough. With the original model I typically played on the television when I’m at home (when I’m not out of the room or doing something else). Basically when given a choice between the two I would always revert to the TV because the system was heavy and bulky to hold for long periods of time. It’s perfectly fine if you’re on the go because it provides you a means to play AAA games and that’s awesome, but I noticed I played it in hand held at home far less than I ever played my 3DS. I played it more in total but just more on the TV, since that’s an option when you’re home.

With Switch Lite, it feels excellent playing in handheld mode. It’s as light as a feather, and the smaller size just makes your hands perfectly fit the shoulder buttons and the contour of the sides of the system... it feels really, really excellent to hold. I don’t know if I can convey why that is with words more than I have- I think it’s something where people are just going to have to hold one to understand what I’m talking about. It’s really freaking comfortable and lightweight.

Takeway? It feels excellent playing in handheld mode, like it’s a true handheld successor. I previously based my predictions on how much I would play Switch Lite at home on how much I played my original model undocked at home. But I now see I made a fatal error, as the rules have changed. I always opted for docking to the TV when given the choice but if handheld gaming feels as good is this I think I might choose it over the TV... It feels great playing handheld mode again- even more than that- it’s never felt better. From any handheld system from any era. This is the best it’s ever felt to play a hand held.

4 I love the D-pad. Don’t know what else to say. Fired up Ultra Street Fighter 2 and tested fireballs and uppercuts. Works great.

5 Welcome to the 3DS successor. Switch Lite was a Trojan horse back into the handheld market with a follow up, carrying on the lineage of GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, DS and 3DS. The 5th generation of Nintendo handhelds has arrived. And it’s one heckuva handheld.

Edited on by JaxonH

Magician

So after watching a teardown video for the Switch Lite I think I'll skip it and be content with my V2. The Lite has the same analog stick mechanism as the joy-con. I hope every Lite owner decides to not play games that do not support cloud backup saves (Animal Crossing, Pokemon S/S, etc) on their Lite. Because once you get the drift issue, unless you're tech savy and can fix it yourself, you can kiss your save files goodbye after sending your Lite to Nintendo for repairs down the road.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

link3710

@JaxonH Ugh I'm so jealous. So far the only Collector's edition I've imported is the Japanese Bayonetta one, but I kind of wish I'd done it for Astral Chain and Daemon Ex Machina. I also have Octopath's, that one is great, glad they actually released it here.

link3710

MsJubilee

People really like Ori.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

HobbitGamer

Oh man, the struggle is real tonight on Tetris 99. I’ve only gotten as high as 7. The Kirby them is so adorable and I neeeed it.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JaxonH

@Magician
Eh, you can still transfer your save data to another system regardless of cloud saves. Settings > Data Management > Save Transfer. And everyone here already has a system so, they would have one to transfer to.

@link3710
I got that Bayo 1/2 Collector Edition also- the steelcase was fabulous. The Astral Chain JP Collector Edition matched the Bayo 1/2 CE which was slick. but inside it was really lacking compared to the EU CE. Mine came damaged so I just sold it on eBay and made my money back. I’m content just having the EU Collector Edition. Both the Astral Chain and DxM ones open up from the sides which is really cool. I am beyond thrilled the Nintendo switch is region free and we can import these collector editions and games.

One thing I have learned my lesson with is with regard to Nintendo exclusive collector editions. Never pass them up. Especially if it’s for games you know will be knockouts. Platinum Games never disappoints so that one was non negotiable, and DxM... well, let’s just say I’m glad they provided the demo where I could play the game for myself because if I judged it based on the reviews I probably would’ve skipped out on the CE.

EvilLucario

I'm thinking of buying a Lite for Christmas for my sister but man Idk. We do a fine enough job sharing the system now.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Eel

You can still share it afterwards, she doesn’t need to “move out” of the family switch . It’d just be a really nice gift.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

redd214

Crazy haul yesterday, tons of running around but finally got everything settled. Lots of account transferring and sd swaps but everyone now has their own switch in my house which is crazy lol!

Some thoughts :

Links Awakening is sublime, definitely worth the price.

Tried the Ori demo, neat game and looks fantastic but didn't jump out as a must buy.

And lastly the Switch Lites are awesome little devices. Compact, sturdy and prefect for kids. Just wish nintendos digital game sharing was less obtuse.

redd214

BruceCM

I naturally thought I'd be able to just Switch my micro-sd card from my old one to the new one Nope, it had to be reformatted & the games are still downloading now....

Edited on by BruceCM

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic