Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 43,761 to 43,780 of 45,736

MsJubilee

Ralizah wrote:

I've owned one of GameFreak's non-Pokemon games, Tembo the Badass Elephant, for years now, but I never really got around to it. Giga Wrecker Alt always looked sort of bad, though, so I never bought it.

JaxonH wrote:

I think Im gonna start sharing all my negative opinions for games that I typically omit, so people can see all the stuff I dont enjoy that I usually just dont mention. Going forward, every post in this thread is going to have a complaint or criticism tacked on at the end. Starting now.

My heart was not prepared for the Dark JaxonH Arc we seem to be entering into now.

Everyone has a limit that's bound to be broken at some point.

I've died,there is no more me.

If it's bitter at the start. Then it's sweeter in the end.

Reading Grappler Baki & The Saga of Tanya the Evil(light novel volume one).

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

EvilLucario

Hey guys what's up-

Untitled

Uh... anyways

In preparation for Astral Chain next month, I've been replaying Bayonetta 1 and 2. And holy crap, after diving more into DMC over the past year, I've been playing Bayonetta in SUCH a different way now. Before I would just spam Wicked Weaves and such on the ground, but now I'm using manual lock-on far more and doing much more fluid and fast combos, especially in the air. Royal Guard in DMC3-5 also prepared me more for doing better parrying in Bayo.

Plus, Shuraba is literally just a DMC sword, down to like the exact same combos lmao.

@Ralizah Harmoknight on 3DSWare, by Game Freak, is a nice game. Not all of their non-Pokemon games are bad, although I admit that Harmoknight is the only one I've played.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

link3710

@EvilLucario Drill Dozer is still one of my favorite games of all time, and it's an utter shame it's never gotten a sequel. GameFreak definitely makes good games (mostly) when they aren't stuck on Pokemon.

link3710

Ralizah

So, I got the $10 Collective Minds D-Pad joycon cover to put over my left joycon and... it works brilliantly. I'm genuinely shocked. No unintended inputs whatsoever. Granted, you could easily press all the buttons at once if you wanted, so it's never going to be as good as an actual D-Pad, but it works really, really well for 2D games. It even makes the diagonal running and aiming in games like Contra that are difficult with naked D-buttons or the analog stick effortless.

Only downside is that the joycon doesn't fit in the grip with the cover on. It should be fine with most grips, though, and you still have your usual battery life and HD rumble, so it's automatically a superior option to the more expensive Hori D-Pad joycon.

@EvilLucario Oh yeah. I completely forgot about Harmoknight! It was fun. I liked it.

None of their non-Pokemon games have ever really been... substantial, though. We'll see how Town turns out.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

EvilLucario

Seems that Lunatic Mode is gonna be added in Three Houses as a post-launch update. But considering Lunatic Mode is NOT FUN, doesn't bother me personally. Hopefully it's way better balanced this time.

https://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-three-houses-to-ad...

@Ralizah I'm one of those weirdos who despite growing up with the best D-Pads in the business (the GBA/Wii Remote), really likes the Joy-Con D-Pad. Diagonal inputs for top-down games like Blaster Master and some shumps like Ikaruga suck with it, but for the platformers and other games that use the D-Pad as glorified buttons, it's absolutely perfect.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@darkfenrir Same!

@JaxonH My comments about Oninaki were separate from the part abut your tiff with Rally, that was just a response to your post about it.

Though your very emotional response to my dry comment is a little ironic considering you're the one accusing others of emotional responses within it. No need to jump at me for joycon drifts, or games or anything else, I'm not commenting on any of that. I was stepping in because your post was unfair to Rally, particularly in light of the fact that he was (perhaps un-diplomatically) pointing out something accurate about your generally optimistic/accepting attitude toward companies and products as a source of the disagreement - I've disagreed with you on similar terms plenty of times, as well as having agreed with you.

As I said though, I think those Pokemon threads are affecting you. This is the foum, not the IGN-alike drive-by-comments section. Nobody is talking about needing to be negative or anything else. You've explained well why you believe your posts come across as always positive, because you don't spend time on things you're not positive about - but in a forum of regulars who talk about everything from Nintendo to frozen pizza and we all kind of know each other by now, it kind of stands out when one person nearly exclusively comments on positive things. I'm not saying you're wrong in doing so, but just that it stands out, most people here and on most forums have a pretty broad and balanced range of comments and responses. Things they like, things they don't, things they love, and things they loathe, so accurate or not, when a poster mostly only ever has comments regarding things they love, it does create a bias, real or imagined, about that person's views, and that bias is typically accurate when they post on the board. Nobody's witch hunting you (in this thread), just pointing out what's true: To most of us, particularly regulars who see everyone's posts all the time, you seem like the guy that loves any new product and never dislikes any new product. Not faulting you or telling you you shouldn't post that way. Just pointing out that I perceive it, others perceive it, and expect it, and you shouldn't have knee-jerk defensiveness when someone like rally, not a troll or negativist, one of the good regulars, says so in the context of a disagreement. As you said, that's how you post. That's fine. There's no need to lash out at folks you mention that. Plenty of people have witch hunted you such as the Pokemon thread, but that's not what the people here are doing. Nobody said flaw, just trait. Some people probably get annoyed by it. I keep it in mind with your comments to know to temper it. I was merely trying to diffuse the situation with you and Rally, not to jump into a flame war over it, because you were getting flustered at him for saying the truth in a disagreement, and he did not deserve that reaction from his comments. He's right, general acceptance of any product, limitation, or company policy tends to be a trait of your posts, even if it's not representative of your opinions outside your posts, and if you are aware people feel that way you can temper their responses against it and understand their perspective rather than a conversation turning into this.

Know your friends, know your enemies, etc.

@EvilLucario Yeah, finally someone who gets it! I love the 2D platforming with 4 buttons rather than a rocker on a D-Pad. Castlevania sure sucks with it though on those diagonal whips and Castlevania 4 with the whip swing, though

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@EvilLucario The D-Pad on the Wiimote is WAY too small. Very uncomfortable.

The only game I've found comfortable to use with the D-Buttons is Tetris. They work extremely well with both versions of Tetris I've played on the Switch. Otherwise, it's bad enough that I generally only play 2D games in the dock, where I can use my M30.

I wish I didn't hate them. It'd be great to use the naked joycons without having to worry about accessories.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Magician

JaxonH wrote:

Giga Wrecker Alt sucks. Horrible game. Dont waste your money on it. Gamefreak's pedigree conned me into thinking it would be good, but the choppy animation and moveset makes it nearly unplayable. Waste of a game and waste of a comment even talking about it.

Does this make you concerned for Town at all?

Or are you writing this off as a misadventure from Gamefreak's B-team?

Switch Physical Collection - 412 games (as of September 20th, 2019)
Currently playing: Dead or School (Switch) Sly Cooper (PS Vita)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH please don't let the negativity brigade stop your positive ki. There are many of us that enjoy an honest, positive opinion even if we don't always agree. I know that being rude, combative, dismissive and toxic is the cultural norm but being happy, kind and enthusiastic is not odd, it is not wrong, and you being such doesn't make you a shill or any other nonsense that people like to spout. Enjoy gaming, enjoy life, you only get one go round. Live life as best you can, with as many smiles as possible. Positive Ki to you.

Fire Emblem is almost here!!!!

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Late

I think we all could learn something from Jaxon. To focus on the positives, I mean, not to buy every single game in the existence. Though there's nothing wrong with that either. That said, it was fun to hear you talk about a game you don't like.

I haven't played Giga Wrecker Alt but Game Freak's 3DS games weren't bad. In fact, Pocket Card Jockey is awesome and kept me hooked for quite a while. I don't own HarmoKnight since it has never been on sale but my sister has it so I've played some stages. The music isn't that memorable and I feel like the timing is bit off at times but it's still a good game. Bonus points for Pokémon songs.

I programmed a simple tool that copies all Switch screenshots from an SD card and places them to folders according to the game:
Link

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

JaxonH

@NEStalgia
Pokemon thread is irrelevant. I'm not lashing out, I'm being lashed out at. I'm defending the integrity of my opinions.

And all over what? Because I said fixing the joycon was the right move? This isnt some drastic, "extreme positive opinion" that stands out as unordinarily uncritical. It's just an ordinary every day passing comment. I heard they're fixing things, this made me happy and I said as much. You'd think I had said joycon drifting doesnt exist or the online is phenomenal judging by the responses I've gotten.

And there's no need to defend rally. He's the one who started telling me how "I never criticize" as if my opinion is somehow less valid because percentage of critical comments hasn't met a preordained threshold. That's not "context of disagreement", it was "marginalize by saying if I dont criticize to his satisfaction my opinion is worthless".

And your misunderstanding truly knows no bounds. Pokemon thread? Dude. That's water under the bridge. I made like 2 comments in that thread. Sure I got attacked for liking the game, but that isnt somehow "distorting my view" here. I'm just having normal conversation, making a nonchalant comment, and then getting mob stormed over it.

Of course I'm gonna be defensive. I literally said I was glad to see them doing the right thing about the joycon issue, a sentiment shared by Ralizah and many other members here, yet somehow I'm singled out as having some biased opinion? Its BS. And you rationalizing it as ok is equally offensive.

He's right, general acceptance of any product, limitation, or company policy tends to be a trait of your posts

Except for how I said the online sucks. Oh, and except for how I criticized the joycon drifting. Oh, and except for how I criticized the Wii U 3rd party support, and the Vita, and the PSVR, and except for how I quit playing Crash Racing due to the garbage difficulty. Oh, and except for how I spoke out against Monster Hunter changing the skill tree, and no game transfer on Switch, and missing cloud saves for some games. Oh and how Dark Souls just wasn't able to grab me, or how Bloodstained was, unfortunately not up to scratch on Switch. Oh, and except for countless other things I've criticized or expressed dissatisfaction over, and those are actual rarities! Yet there's still countless examples! That's a whoooole lotta exceptions.

The real problem isnt my supposed "lack of criticism", the real "problem" is my focusing on what I like rather than what I dislike, and the incapability of others to understand that beyond a skin deep level. The real problem is me sharing an opinion 50% of others here have expressed, a moderate and reasonable opinion at that, and yet somehow getting singled out and accused of "not criticizing enough".

The real problem is people like you telling me there's a problem with my opinions for saying something half the other people here have also said. That show bias. I'm not concerned with dispelling any preconceived notions because I'm not interested in convincing anyone of anything. I only start caring when I start getting mob harrassed for it. I see plenty of people chronically complain, and by and large I just ignore it. I may not agree but I leave their opinions be. But me? I can't even express a mild, level headed, reasonably popular sentiment without somehow being singled out for it. I didn't attack rally, I responded after being attacked. After being told I dont criticize enough. And dont try to defend that. The only reason someone says that is to try to marginalize the opinion you're currently giving.

I suggest leaving it be, you're not helping matters and you've only shown me you grossly misunderstand my motivations, my feelings, talking about "Pokemon threads" like I'm some trigger happy lunatic going off on anyone who calmly makes an observation. No. I'm calmly making comments and trigger happy people who can't stomach the opinion are trying to marginalize me for it. I'm just setting the record straight.

And since you and so many others seem so concerned about "lack of criticism" from me I'm gonna shove it down your throats til you're sick of hearing it.

New Complaint
The ending in Xenoblade 2 sucked. They were too afraid to let an emotional ending ride as is, and watered it down with a happy happy joy joy ending that tainted an otherwise excellent experience. I can only hope the next game bucks up and does things differently

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Vita: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
Oh no. They want negativity, they want criticism. They win. That's exactly what they're gonna get. I'm tired of people questioning me and my opinions. If I have to chronically bitch about something everytime I post, then that's what I'll do. Apparently that's what's required in order to have your opinion respected.

New Complaint
The lack of shopping cart in the eShop sucks. I'm tired of buying games one by one.

Ya know, that's not even good enough. I'm not feeling that one on the Richter scale. Let's go again. The voice chat app sucks. Its bad enough we have to use our phone, but even then 99% of the games dont even use it! It's an embarassment.

@Tsurii
No, I didn't. Think it has to be unlocked first.

New Complaint
Xbox User Interface is garbage.

@kyleforrester87
Can't win em all. Whether not complaining or complaining, I'm bound to upset someone 😉

New complaint
The battery life on Switch sucks. And the storage is too small.

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

NEStalgia

@JaxonH I have no idea what the lashing out is all about. I just saw the exchange between you and Rally, and your response to him just seemed really uncalled for, as though he was a random commenters attacking you rather than a forum regular with a proven friendly history.

Heck if you were anyone else, you'd have made the ignore list with that post above. That's not going to be the case for you, obviously, but seriously, I have no idea who defiled your corn flakes this morning, but you're definitely not normally like this.

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia I get where he is coming from. If you don’t complain many posters (especially on the articles) around here dissmiss you, insult you (doesn’t matter if you don’t find it insulting as the intent is there), accuse you of being a shill/NDF or whatever. Instead of rationally understanding that you likely saw the negatives but either it didn’t bother you, wasn’t worth posting in your opinion or it simply wasn’t a negative to you. Members here often forget if you @ someone most regulars have notifications turned on. It sucks being happy about something only to get an inbox full of "your opinion is wrong I’m right, I don’t believe you, you work for Nintendo/are sexual insult here for Nintendo" posts. This is a website about Nintendo enthusiasts, why would anybody expect people to be mostly negative or be rude and ignorant enough to assume that if you aren't mostly negative you are on Nintendo's payroll/something is wrong with you/etc?

And most people don’t proofread on a forum. They brain vomit so they don’t think about what if that person was standing in front of them if they would still phrase it like that. I likely use the ignore function more than JaxonH does but even that its not the answer. People forget it is possible to read an opinion you don’t agree with and move on. Why draw out an argument or insult someone? Either have a cordial exchange or move on. You aren't going to change their mind, them feeling the way the do won't destroy your worldview and its ok for other people to be happy. There are plenty of toxic people to agree with you if you want to be negative. Instead people get browbeaten down until the follow the mob, stop posting or ignore people. It’s tiring. And not the way to have a conversation about anything... let alone a luxury hobby.

Also current western culture is no one is allowed to say "no, I don't like this treatment/tone you are taking/name you are calling me, no I don't agree that I should be bitter" because then you get the folks that like the scream SJW/Too PC/Too Sensitive/Why can I just be mean to you and you accept it remarks.

While I certainly refuse to stop posting or to be negative I do post less and in general leave one liners due to the harassment (and it is harassment after a point) as well.

My .02 cents of course.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

@NEStalgia
Honestly I wouldn't care if you did. Cause you clearly haven't been paying attention. Allow me to recap the series of events that have transpired.

I make random comment saying awesome, Nintendo is fixing the joycon situation. Glad to see they're doing the right thing. I dont defend them. I dont minimize the problem. I dont hand wave the problem away as an exaggeration, I dont even claim they do it out of goodwill... none of that. All I say, is that I'm glad they're doing the right thing by fixing them. That's it.

Immediately several hostile comments are made in return. All I did was make a passing comment, and I'm being challenged as if my opinion is "crossing the line", as if it's some extreme positive spin on an indefensible situation, as if nobody me ME would dare say such a thing.

Rally then starts lecturing me on how my comments "never criticize", and then proceeds to tell me how I'm wrong. Not, "I respectfully disagree and here's why". But rather a "you're wrong, and your predictable optimism invalidates what you say, despite half the other people here also saying it".

You then proceed to lecture me on how he's right, and my opinion is always the same, guided under the mask of fair and balanced concern.

I've had it. I'm done with people telling me or inferring my opinion is lesser than, invalid or unworthy because of a lack of certain about of mandated criticism.

I've done nothing but share an innocent one-liner about how I'm glad they're fixing the joycons, and have repeatedly been lectured about not criticizing enough, then when I defend myself I get accused of "lashing out". This mere days after being mocked by Knuckles when I had done nothing but have normal conversation... I'm done. I've reached the limit. Please do not bring up what I "always do" or "never do" again. If you or anyone else wants to share their own opinion, I'm happy to hear it, but I'm done being criticized for my lack of complaining or excessive excitement. I'm done. I'm done man. I'm done.

New Complaint
The range on the Switch controllers sucks. Sometimes I can't even turn on my Switch from 10 feet away without directly pointing the controller at it.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

HobbitGamer

Why not, ya know, everyone just ignore things they don’t like. Everyone putting way too much stock in random 0s and 1s on an Internet forum.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer the nerve you have..giving an opinion on something, AND showing up pineapple-less.....baffles me 😉

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

@NEStalgia All I'll say is that anyone who un-ironically called me a "yes-man" for not being sufficiently cynical about my hobby would immediately be ignore list fodder. I don't care how long they've posted here or how much of a good ol boy they are. There's honesty, and then there's just being a confrontational jerk, and, sorry, your friend fell on the wrong side of that divide. So I get him getting irritated, and you trying to police his reaction to your friend isn't improving things at all.

@JaxonH With that said, if you'll forgive my unsolicited advice, I think maybe you need to put a bit of space between yourself and this thread for a while. No sense in getting this worked up over people you talk to on the internet.

Ralizah

MsJubilee

@JaxonH Look brother take my advice. Take a break from this site and it's users. Getting all worked up won't solve anything.

Edited on by MsJubilee

I've died,there is no more me.

If it's bitter at the start. Then it's sweeter in the end.

Reading Grappler Baki & The Saga of Tanya the Evil(light novel volume one).

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic