Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 42,481 to 42,500 of 43,640

Therad

I don't think the tariffs will matter at all for Nintendos plans. Switching plants and/or starting up production elsewhere takes time. And who knows if Donald just starts taxing goods from those other countries next, it isn't unfatomable to think that will happen. Also as a multi-national corporation they can't really just delay production for one country, even though they are a big chunk of revenue. It takes time to create hardware revisions, and tech becomes old fast in todays world.

Also, a product like this doesn't really have any valid replacement. If you wan't Nintendo stuff, you have to just swallow the tax.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

Knuckles-Fajita

Ah yes. Emily Rogers.

Uhuh.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

WebHead

@Knuckles-Fajita shes been pretty good lately besides mother 3. Gotta be honest you have a crappy attitude. Congrats, you're the first NL member to make my ignore list.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Morpheel

Over reacting much? Sigh. Let's move on.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

Edit: Moving on, per suggestion

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Knuckles-Fajita

@WebHead Smooth.

I was more reporting that she's hardly been on the money. Then again no source ever has.

Plus no matter how many times its corroborated it could still not be true. Pokemon Stars for instance?

Just saying, her track record is spotty, even for a leaker. Best not pin your hopes on this fabled revision on her.

By all means reference it, but now the rumour is out there, anyone could expand upon it.

Ah well. C'est la vie. We will find out soon enough if new hardware is real.

I personally expect to cheaper edition to phase out the 3DS as the budget option. A higher spec machine should be 2020 earliest to counter PS5 and Scarlett.

Then again the current Switch could just shift down to be the cheap model with a price cut.

Hey I'm the guy who figured the Xbox One X would be the new entry system once Scarlett landed as the higher end machine.

Edited on by Knuckles-Fajita

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

WebHead

September makes sense given the timing and game release schedule.

WebHead

Octane

Until someone can explain to me why it is a good idea to launch not one, but two revisions in the same year, I won't buy this rumour.

Switch Mini sounds like a disaster for parents.

Octane

BruceCM

Knuckles-Fajita wrote:

@Then again the current Switch could just shift down to be the cheap model with a price cut.

Huh, or not.... It'll be the 'cheap' version once the 'pro' launches, anyway Not that I'll be getting either revision for awhile, at least & it'd be the 'pro' when I do

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

Buizel

I feel we need a systematic review of every major leaker and to what extent their leaks have been true.

...I'm not convinced as of yet.

I'm also not convinced that a Switch Mini would be good value for money (assuming that joy cons are fused to the screen) - too much compatibility lost imo.

Edited on by Buizel

Buizel

BruceCM

I don't think they will but it's all speculation....
@Octane A lot seem to think it'd make sense to release the mini with Pokemon Supposing that happens, I wouldn't expect the 'pro' version for at least 6 months I'm not convinced about the purely handheld Switch, though

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

Octane

@Buizel The main problem I have is that a Switch Mini needs to be the same size if you want it to work with the existing docks. I mean, they could release a new dock for every Switch model, but that gets complicated really fast. Fused Joy-Con seem a given, but a Switch Mini targeted at kids that doesn't support Labo or Pokemon Let's GO because of the fused Joy-Con sounds counter-productive as well...

Octane

GrailUK

@Octane Xbox S, Xbox X, Xbox SAD pretty much sums up what everyone is doing.

As bluntly as I can put it, it's good to have different SKUs that appeal to different peoples needs. Power or portability. Granted we don't know what form these new Switch's will take (and it's Nintendo so it's unlikely to be simply a boost in spec etc)

A cheap portable Switch entry in to gaming with Pokémon is exactly what the Pokémon Company are wanting to get their numbers up.

I'm hoping for the Switch 'pro' myself.

I think companies have woke up to the fact that choice does not equal confusion if the message is clear enough. I don't think anyone will get confused over a cheaper version and a more expensive version lol.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

WebHead

Switch Mini would certainly be aimed at kids and will be necessary for the goal of "getting households to own multiple switch consoles." Plus it will cater to those who prefer a smaller device. Besides....you do not have to buy it -shrug-

I will say this: whatever revisions nintendo plans, they should probably get them out before June 2020.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

Buizel

@GrailUK the difference with that example is that none of those systems drop core functionality (except Kinect, but that's...well, Kinect).

@Octane I didn't even think of the dock! Fused joycons also introduces problems in Super Mario Party and potentially any game with a motion control or undocked multiplayer element.

Edited on by Buizel

Buizel

Octane

@BruceCM You'd think they would've released it alongside Let's Go, the Pokemon games specifically aimed at younger children

@GrailUK @Nesstephan I understand the concept. I just find it hard to imagine how it will all work out. The Xbox models are fairly simple to understand. Just a different box, and one doesn't accept discs. But the controllers are all compatible.

If you change the dimensions of the Switch, the Joy-Con need to change size as well. Labo won't be compatible anymore. Fused Joy-Con means limited motion controls, so no 1-2-Switch or Labo. You need several different models for the dock and Joy-Con to support it all. It's not impossible, just a lot more complicated than your average Xbox revision IMO.

I don't think any model will strictly be handheld only either, as it's only a matter of plugging it into the telly to make it work on screen. A USB-C to HDMI cable could even do the trick in theory.

Octane

Octane

@Buizel Exactly. I don't think it's impossible in theory, just very complicated in practice. Right now, I cannot imagine how it would all play out .

Octane

WebHead

I mean even if you cant attach joycons you could still pair them. And i would not be shocked to see a dock refresh that works with all the models.

WebHead

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic