Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 42,461 to 42,480 of 43,664

Luna_110

I’m thinking of getting a used PS4, since there are a lot of games to I’m interested on now, but at the end my Switch is still my main gaming console and the one I’ll prioritize with the little gaming time I have.
It helps that there are tons of games this second half of the year.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Ralizah

@JaxonH The good thing about PC is that you can just kind of replace it in parts, and some components, like the processor, will give you a lot more bang for your buck then you would imagine. I'm still running good on an i5-4460 that was outdated when I got it years ago, for example. And while top of the line graphics cards are still expensive as hell, you can get decent mid-range cards for a few hundred dollars. My GTX 970 has been cheap-ish since I got it years back, and it has consistently provided better gameplay experiences than my PS4.

Building a truly next gen rig will cost you a ton, but it's fairly easy to build a budget gaming PC that will more than suit your needs for the next several years.

But yeah, I won't play non-exclusive shooters on console at all now, unless that console is a Switch. The lack of gyro is a deal-breaker for me. I'm playing Horizon: Zero Dawn right now on my PS4, and it's a fun game, but this game is BEGGING for BotW-esque gyro aiming.

Anyway, I'll nab a PS5 or whatever if something hugely appealing is exclusive to it, but, outside of the FF7R episodes, I'm not expecting it to get much in the way of exclusives that I'm deeply interested in. Sony is simply too Western for my tastes now. I'm sure stuff like God of War and Spider-Man are fun enough, but I could just as easily not play them and be perfectly happy. If and when a Persona 6 comes out, it'll likely be released on PS4 as well.

Aside from an eventual Switch Pro and maybe a GPU upgrade at some point, I'm betting I can ride out the entirety of the next console generation on my current hardware.

@Luna_110 They should only get cheaper and cheaper in sales as we march closer to the PS5 launch. You'll likely be able to nab a new one with a pack-in game for $200 like last year during black friday.

@Octane Yeah, I'm not really worried that Nintendo is going to put all this effort into providing a big evolution of the AC formula and then backpeddle on something obvious like that. Or maybe I should? As I typed that, I was reminded of how quintessentially Nintendo that sounded.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Octane

@Ralizah Last time they decided that amiibo Festival was a good idea. So yeah, I'd be worried too

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@Ralizah Sadly, consoles probably won't move on to gyro being more prominent until Microsoft adds gyro to Xbox controller which seems unlikely with next gen because of XB1 controllers being fully compatible with Scarlett.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

Amiibo Festival was just filler for a failed system they didn’t want to invest any more resources into. Amiibo were keeping their bottom line secured during that time, so they just put out a quick game to try and capitalize on it.

There’s a clear difference between Nintendo’s approach in the Switch era and the Wii U era. And nothing highlights that more than the marketing, which, in the Wii U era, was targeting Leave It To Beaver families that don’t exist.

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Vita: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

WebHead

So the next shareholder meeting is on the 27th this month. Hmm.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

JaxonH

Dark Crystal Tactics is looking ace. The Dark Crystal movie is a fond memory of my childhood, and this game is doing incredible justice not just to the IP but to SRPG’s in general.

I love how the environment is interactive. One of the players shoots their bow at a boulder which knocks it off a cliff and creates a steppingstone for the other units to climb down. You can collapse certain columns that change gameplay elements in the stage... apparently the person designing it has worked on Civilization and quite a few other titles.

And Dragon Quest XI, oh my gosh! Muah! You see you can ride a sabrecat! And even the green slime (15:30 mark) can be ridden around on and bounce all over the place. Dragon Quest VIII music is also an option for non-battle music... they went all out on this, 100% effort.

You can visit all 10 previous Dragon Quest worlds. All of them. And each one has been re-done in 2D sprites with separate quests and battles and rewards... I don’t think I’ve seen a game so chock-full of content in my life

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

Knuckles-Fajita

@WebHead That'll be the annual shareholders meeting, not the quarterly financials.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

@WebHead Hope that's real. I'd love to have a Switch with a proper D-Pad.

Ralizah

Cotillion

Ralizah wrote:

But yeah, I won't play non-exclusive shooters on console at all now, unless that console is a Switch. The lack of gyro is a deal-breaker for me.

I can't play shooters at all with dual analog, I honestly don't know how people do it.
The last shooter without lock-on that I got for consoles was Goldeneye until recently I got Doom on Switch and I was awful at it, even with assisted aiming. Kept missing, challenges were near impossible, died often because of the control (or lack thereof), it just didn't feel like I could control it with any real accuracy. Got the same Doom on PC and never died due to the controls, headshots galore, challenges were actually too easy because I could actually accurately control the game. It was like playing two different games.
Fantastic for those who can play these games on a console, and that games like Doom Eternal and Wolfenstein are coming to Switch, but they're definitely not for me. I doubt I'll ever buy another shooter for a console, with the only exception being Metroid Prime (though I don't really consider them shooters as much as them being action/adventure and having target lock-on).

Cotillion

DannyBoi

Thinking of getting a PS4, but concerned with power usage. Does anyone know the power input of the PS4? And if so is there a can anyone post a link to power(electricity usage) specs?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Morpheel

Maybe that would be better for the ps4 thread.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

WebHead

@Ralizah I mean that is more or less how its expected to look. And if its in production that means accessories are in production too.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

JaxonH

They had another accessory listed on that site with a totally different design for the Switch Mini, so I take it with a grain of salt because it seems like everyone is just doing their own mock ups.

That said, The one linked does seem like it’s viable (the other one was missing the capture button, and had weird offsets for the D pad and buttons, which just screamed fake to me, not that the product was fake but that it was a mock up rather than the actual system)

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

WebHead

@JaxonH I woudlnt be surprised if new hardware was meant to release this month but got delayed due to the tariff. I kinda exoect a staggered rollout. One with zelda in september and the other with Pokemon in November.

WebHead

Link-Hero

@Cotillion
Completely agree. I can't play FPS's without a keyboard and mouse, no matter how many times I try. If I use a controller, you'll think I only recently just started playing video games and not since the early-mid '90s.

Edited on by Link-Hero

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

HobbitGamer

@WebHead If it were to release this month, the production budget would have already been set, so it’s doubtful tarrifs that have been in place for over a month would have mattered. But Nintendo is currently moving hardware production out of China anyway, so there’s that too.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Luna_110

Those roll up to launch take some time. If a Switch Mini were to launch this month, shipments would already have to be made to the entire world and retailers would know before hand so they could start preparing for it. And we would probably have a trustworthy leak since marketing and shipment usually are guys that don’t belong to the company and blurb out stuff for their seconds of fame.

I doubt that a random accessory producer would have info on the product and accessories ready before, say, Horii, that is a licensed partner. Seems to me something more in line with a mock-up.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

WebHead

@Luna_110 idk I dont think Nintendo hardware revisions have had any retailer leaks before. And again if production is starting then accessories production is starting as well.

WebHead

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic