Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 42,301 to 42,320 of 69,997

TuVictus

Now now, don't be too harsh to NoA, you can get splatoon wallpapers here! For your phone! Which is like the same thing

TuVictus

HobbitGamer

So I went ahead and sold SMM2 and bought Fire Emblem. Mario was loads of fun, but being so terrible at it started to wear on me.
I’m excited to try my first Fire Emblem game

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer duuuuuuude I was actually going to ask you where have your levels been? That's unfortunate but I understand. I've never played fire emblem myself. Not sure id know what I'm doing

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature Haha, yeah. I figured I could at least try out something for the first time for only $5 out.
I’ll definitely by buying and keeping Luigi, though.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer yea i hear ya. I stopped playing Youngblood. Kinda stinks imo. I Guess the side missions are a must so you can level up to do main story quests. The blurrieness and frame rate issues are a problem too. So im not having that. I'm going to start playing doom 3. Never played it and it was only a ten spot. Hope i enjoy it. Also thinking of trying another game i never dabbled in, MUA3. Already $50 at Wal-Mart so it might be worth a shot. Just trying not to take on too much before astral chain

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

I was so hyped for Fire Emblem between E3 and launch but between needing to wait 5 days to play it, the Gears 5 Tech Test and more details on the August Inside Xbox appearing killed my hype. Hopefully the same doesn't happen for Astral Chain.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

NintendoByNature wrote:

I've never played fire emblem myself. Not sure id know what I'm doing

If you're not interested, that's fine, but you should know this entry is very easy and accessible to newcomers. It introduces all of its systems very gradually, too.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

HobbitGamer

@Ralizah @NintendobyNature
Yeah, this is completely easy to grasp. I’ve never played on, nor do I know anything about the franchise, but the proluge presented things in a pretty clean way.

#MudStrongs

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer @Ralizah interesting. Maybe I'll give it a shot down the road when i have tons of free time considering each house has What? 80 hours of gameplay for each?

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature Depends on how you approach it. If you just focus on main story content, I imagine the game goes by a lot faster. Doing all the side-quests, building up support levels with students, hunting the monastery for lost items, engaging in life sim elements, talking to everyone each week, etc. takes up a lot of time.

JaxonH

Fire Emblem is incredible. A must have game for any Switch fan, be they an SRPG fan or not (I hated turn based games until I played FE, and in most cases still don’t like most other SRPGs, yet, I love FE, and you will hear many say the same).

But a note of warning. The game is already pretty easy, and it’s incredibly easy to over-level which compounds the issue. Best to play it very conservatively with doing extra-curricular maps. I’d recommend not doing any unless you start to feel the game getting too difficult. I should have played Hard Mode instead of normal, and I should have avoided the paralog maps.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@JaxonH I mean, even if the difficulty wasn't kinda low, FE would be easier for you anyway because you're kind of a series veteran at this point. I'm surprised you started on the lower difficulty to begin with.

Assuming Lunatic isn't as insane and hardcore as it was in previous games, I might go with that setting for my future Black Eagle and Blue Lion playthroughs.

I'm curious how the life sim elements change after the time skip, though. I've really enjoyed sauntering around the monastery finding lost items, talking with students, taking on quests, etc. Not sure I want to go back to a plot-fight-plot-fight structure, even if it's only for half the game.

Edited on by Ralizah

JaxonH

@Ralizah
That’s definitely a factor too, I’m sure.

But I remember dying on the 4th map when I tried Awakening Hard mode Classic (after beating the game on Normal), and I remember having some trouble in a few maps in Fates Conquest on Normal. And I recently lost my best Pegasus Knight in Blazing Blade GBA on a later map of Hector’s Path, and the map was so long and hard I decided to take the loss and keep going. Also had a hard time in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. I guess not a hard time but, it was challenging.

I should have played HARD, but all those other experiences factored into my perception of that difficulty. Here’s to hoping Lunatic is more like HARD mode of past games (since everything feels scaled down a little easier this time, not to mention a New Game + with tons of rewinds could even make a legit Lunatic mode actually playable).

Hope that update comes before I finish my first playthrough.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Lilseb93

I haven't been a big Nintendo fan since the GameCube. It's really amazing how the Switch recaptured my love for Nintendo and handhelds again. I've been addicted to my Switch.

SoFlo Gamer
Currently playing: Bayonetta

Switch Friend Code: SW-7562-0637-3118 | My Nintendo: SebGamer93 | Twitter:

Ralizah

Oh wow. Just watched some footage of Omega Labyrinth Life, and that is shockingly lewd for a localized home console game. There is going to be some epic pearl clutching in the eventual NL review, I can tell you that much.

@Lilseb93 3DS brought me into the Nintendo fold full-time. Can't really say I was "brought back," though, considering I barely played Nintendo's games before 2011. I actually never played a 3D Zelda game until Ocarina of Time 3D!

Edited on by Ralizah

EvilLucario

Holy ****, monsters in Fire Emblem are SUPER scary. Looks like it's time for me to finally care about Authority, because Gambits are super good and extremely useful for them. I came SUPER close to losing units in a Paralogue (which are much harder than the main story lol).

Gotta say though, monsters make for quite an interesting way to handle bosses in a strategy game.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

DQXI S is getting a demo so you have an opportunity to try out the game if Hero in Smash interested you in checking out DQ. The demo also carries over progress to the full game.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@EvilLucario
Yes, the monsters are amazing in Fire Emblem Three Houses. Multiple lifebars, AOE attacks, high speed to the point they can even double you, and they have ranged attacks. And it’s not uncommon to be fighting a map with soldiers and still have 2-3 demonic beasts in the mix at the same time.

Best new addition to the series yet imo (although there is a ton of other great additions in this game, too). It’s the BotW of the Fire Emblem series. It’s the masterclass game that has modernized Fire Emblem for a new generation, and in reinventing itself has found a formula that works even better. So many Switch games taking the BotW approach this gen. Exciting times!

JaxonH

They’re diehard PS fans. That’s all there is to it.

People treat developers like these impartial saints that only ever follow the money, and while that is true in many if not most cases, there are diehard loyalist developers just like you’d see anywhere else.

They’re not wrong, when they say their fanbase is on PS. But they’re not entirely correct either. Their game broke records in the west on Switch, even after having released on PS4 and Vita. What does that tell you about your fanbase globally? But they ignore that because it didn’t do well in the single country of Japan, all while ignoring the fact the game already released on not one but two other systems there, one console and one handheld.

I’m just done listening to this guy. He’s going to believe what he wants to believe. But let this be an example, so that when we highlight the preferential treatment working against Nintendo platforms, people know what we’re referring to.

Edited on by JaxonH

Toy_Link

For anyone curious, why the prior comment was deleted the interview that was cited is actually from a month ago and made it seem it was new. I deleted the comment to not mislead anyone, but I will include the quote from the interview for context purposes:
“BC: I can understand that. Looking back, the PSP and PS Vita housed some of the best Falcom RPGs and the mobility of the consoles played a huge roll in that. What are your thoughts about the Switch now that Falcom titles have been released on the Nintendo hardware, and would you ever think to release games exclusively to the console?

TK: When it comes to the Switch, we recognize the system’s dual functionality, our games really match these mobile platforms especially for players who might not have access to their own personal televisions. Being able to play our games whenever a fan wants, is something appealing to us and to the fans. In terms of exclusivity, as nice as it would be, the truth of the matter is finding where the user base is. When it comes to Ys VIII, we released it on Switch. While western sales for the Switch version were right around where we thought they’d be, the game struggled in Japan, which reinforced to us that our user base is on PlayStation.

BC: Did Falcom handle the Switch port for Ys VIII?

Alan Costa: Our head office in Japan made a deal with them and handled the port. NISA does not have an in-house development team, so that was all done in Japan.

TK: In a practical sense, we have never actually developed a game on Switch, so that would take us a large number of resources and have us starting from zero, which would take time away from developing games. So, we leave the porting to our partners. There’s a misconception in Japan from fans, that there’s bad blood between Nintendo and Falcom, but that’s not the case at all. We’d love to have more of a working relationship with them, but we don’t have the means to develop on the platform.”

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic