Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 42,321 to 42,340 of 69,983

WebHead

He notes that doom had a steadier framerate on the new regular switch. So there does seem to be a slight performance boost on the new switch model.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

WebHead

@Tsurii most likely yes. More testing is needed but perf does seem slightly better based on the vid. Not a huge boost though. More akin to xbox one to xbox one s. Games with bad framerates and variable resolutions will be the ones that benefit.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Lilseb93

I'm going to call around and see if any stores sell the revised Switch yet.

SoFlo Gamer
Currently playing: Bayonetta

Switch Friend Code: SW-7562-0637-3118 | My Nintendo: SebGamer93 | Twitter:

Lilseb93

Well I called around. 1 Gamestop said the revised Switch will be here (South FL) as early as next week. The others had no idea when.

SoFlo Gamer

Tangerine

Poor UK has to wait till September, I think I read

Tangerine

Ralizah

@WebHead I can't wait to see if there are any changes to the performance of Xenoblade 2. I'm obviously not expecting anywhere near 720p, but if this new Switch can reduce the really horrible resolution dips in certain parts of the game, it'll be a MUCH nicer experience when undocked. That, combined with the higher pixel density of the Switch Lite, could actually contribute to the game looking decent on that device!

Here's hoping.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

Dreamcast Guy could just be experiencing placebo. He says the resolution in DOOM was 10% better yet offered no analysis or testing to back that up. He claimed the joycons weighed differently yet didn’t bother to put them on a scale.

People often see what they want to see. DOOM was patched well after launch, and it’s possible he’s seeing the improved affects of the patch he had never yet observed. And the joycon weight... eh. I’m not buying it. Fixing the analog joystick wouldn’t change the weight. I think he’s imagining things and even if he’s not it’s probably just due to a different plastic.

That’s not to say there can’t be minor improvements. I just see no evidence for it as of yet.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@JaxonH Wouldn't surprise me. I remember when that one patch came out, and people made so much noise about it drastically improving the game's performance that DF actually did a second video on the Switch port just to review that patch... annnnnnnd while there were minor improvements, it didn't actually affect much. Humans are very suggestible. I do have to wonder how much "compromised" Switch ports people would even notice performance issues in if the internet didn't have a collective freak out about them.

For my part, I notice severe framerate and resolution drops, but less severe ones don't really register with me. I remember the drops in Korok Forest in launch BotW, for example, but didn't even know there were drops around the starting area until videos started talking about them. Even Korok Forest's drops weren't bad enough to put a sour taste in my mouth, though (unlike the severe and lasting drops in certain sections of Ys VIII that were added in the original PS4 port).

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Lilseb93

I don't hate Dreamcast Guy, but I'm waiting for a better review of this revision.

SoFlo Gamer

Lilseb93

I just wanted to call around to get a timetable just in case it was worth getting. It might still be. I need more information.

SoFlo Gamer

Cotillion

That's why I take scathing comment sections with a rather large grain of salt. I think a lot of times no one notices a slight dip in resolution or other minor problems in many games until they get pointed out in some review by someone like DF who is actively testing and looking for them. Then it gets blown out of proportion as an abomination that should never have been released by the masses who didn't notice it to begin with.
Kinda the same situation, only the other way.

Cotillion

Tangerine

Lilseb93 wrote:

I don't hate Dreamcast Guy, but I'm waiting for a better review of this revision.

I don't like his outro on each vid 'I promise whatever my next video is it'll try not to suck'

Have some self confidence dude!

Tangerine

DenDen

Dream cast guy is awesome but indeed he could use some confidence

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Haruki_NLI

Having seen what folk say about the poor guy on Twitter, jesus I cant blame him for feeling down sometimes. I havent got a bad thing to say about him myself, he's great fun to talk to.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

IceClimbers

The only time I've ever noticed resolution dips is in the Switch port of Rocket League. Or at least when it first launched anyways.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Eel

Seems like a re-upload of Marvelous' video tweets.

I've been following this game over at ushi no tane, and overall I really like how it looks. Although the music is a bit too synth for my tastes, I was expecting a more natural sounding soundtrack for the remake.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Lilseb93

I'm playing the Bayonetta series for the first time. I'm really enjoying it so far.

SoFlo Gamer

JaxonH

Bayonetta 2 is one of the greatest action games of all time, though I’m confident Astral Chain will surpass it. Bayonetta 3, I’m sure will also surpass it. And those two upcoming titles will surely be 2 of the best, if not the best, action games ever released.

Switch really packs a punch with its library. There are a number of games it’s not able to get, some of which are masterpieces, which is regrettable they are not on the system. But, Switch manages to have a few games of every genre that are among the very best of that genre on offer.

Be it strategy (Fire Emblem Three Houses, Mario Rabbids, Civilization VI and Valkyria Chronicles 1/4), cart racers (Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Team Sonic Racing and Crash Team Racing), adventure games (Zelda Breath of the Wild, Skyrim, Darksiders), competitive online shooters (Splatoon 2), FPS (DOOM, DOOM Eternal, Wolfenstein 2), JRPGs (Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Octopath Traveler, The World Ends With You, YS VIII, Final Fantasy VIII Remastered, Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy XII, Dragon Quest XI S, Ni No Kuni), 2D platformer (DKC Tropical Freeze, New Super Mario Bros U, Rayman Legends), 3D platformer (Super Mario 3D World), create/build genre (Mario Maker 2, Dragon Quest Builders 1/2, Minecraft), puzzle genre (Captain Toad, Unravel two), mosou (Fire Emblem Warriors, Hyrule Warriors, Persona 5 Scramble), action (Bayonetta 1/2/3, Astral Chain), Online co-op (Diablo 3, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3), hunter genre (Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, God Eater 3), fighters (Smash, DB Fighter Z, Mortal Kombat XI, Samurai Showdown, Ultra Street Fighter II), catch em all’s (Pokemon Let’s Go and Sword Shield, Digimon Cyber Sleuth and Survive), horror (Resident Evil 0/1/4/5/6 and Revelations 1/2), technical obstacle based games (Trials Rising), metroidvania (Metroid Prime 4, Hollow Knight and Silksong), Soulsborne (Dark Souls Remastered), mystery dungeon (Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon), schmups (Raiden V, Sine Mora), and all manner of other, harder to classify games.

So while it doesn’t get every game as a result of being portable, as well as having a different fanbase with unique preferences, it seems to at least get a couple great games in every genre, so that there’s always something for everyone. But JRPGs... man. So many good JRPGs.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Lilseb93

@JaxonH I just want to say. I really respect your passion and how you express your thoughts.

Edited on by Lilseb93

SoFlo Gamer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic