Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 42,281 to 42,300 of 69,964

link3710

@EvilLucario
Hyrule Castle remains one of my all-time favorite dungeons in the series honestly. If we got more of THOSE this time around, I'd be ecstatic. It actually pushes dungeons forwards in a notable way. Of course, it's also way harder to make than a normal dungeon but at least it paid off.

@electrolite77
I've done a second playthrough from scratch yeah, on Master Mode. I'm sure a lot of people did when they released that difficulty.

link3710

NEStalgia

@Knuckles-Fajita That's better, I thought it was Japan only.

@redd214 LOL, maybe that qualifies me for EA executive positions?

I think having a problem with EA and having a problem with EA's games are almost two separate issues. I don't think it's possible to not have a problem with EA the company, there's really not much to like about them. They're abusive to employees, they're abusive to consumers, they're abusive to partners, their stifling/destructive to developers. They damaged the industry's structure/members in which they work. They kill good studios, brands, and sit on good franchises. They even swindle their license providers. Unless you're an investor, there's just not much to not not like about EA the company from any angle.

As for EA's games, yeah there are some of them that I like. Though in the past 2 years or so almost nothing at all - they've crawled into their sports/Battlefield cave and decided to camp there. But that's what makes it easier to hate EA the company. Whenever they do have a good game/brand, and a talented, dedicated team working on it, they pull monetization sinkhole antics, force the design direction to achieve corporate goals, generally make a miserable team, and force early release, so that a game that could and should have been great, and had the right talent and energy in the team to make it happen - they manage to make it a barely passable corporate SKU. So even when you like the game, it reminds you why you hate the company even more. Going back, say, 15 years ago, it wasn't like that. They were decent. It's been a long descent as they got fat on sports contracts. Titanfall 2, Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, ME: Andromeda were good games...the later was ruined due to EA being EA, and the studio behind it got destroyed as a result. Then there was Pandemic. They were a great studio. The Saboteur was a fantastic game and a new take on a tired trope. DAY 1 sales didn't meet their expectations on a game they didn't even bother advertising, and they fired everyone day and date and closed the studio. We won't even mention Westwood. Bullfrog...ok...Molyneaux walked right into that one. EA was best when they were a publisher...they had good games. American McGee's Alice, C&C games, Crysis, etc. They were a real publisher back then. Since Andromeda...what have they released? Sports, Battlefield, more sports, more Battlefield, some controversial NFS games, the nightmare launch of the Sims, and a handful of indies published that they didn't make that are actually good. Anth....oh, that's right...you actually like it They may give you something for free for saying that online (It might just be a free ad for digtal currency though )

Granted, if you like sports games...well...it's not like you have many other options.... NBA gets an alternative with 2k, soccer gets PES (kinda)...but football and hockey don't really have any other choice.

NEStalgia

redd214

@NEStalgia Couple things wrong as usual but all good. Can't imagine attaching the word "hate" to a video game company. It's just not that serious, glad you got all that out there though

Dragon Quest 11 pre-order is $50 on Amazon and Walmart, I know many are excited about that finally coming out.

Edited on by redd214

redd214

Magician

Unless EA does something miraculous and decides to port previous-gen classics to the Switch (Dead Space, Mass Effect, Burnout, etc) I truly wouldn't care if they continued to disregard the Switch as a viable platform for their live service, lootbox driven, recurring revenue focused games.

redd214 wrote:

Dragon Quest 11 pre-order is $50 off on Amazon and Walmart, I know many are excited about that finally coming out.

DQXI for $10? Well let me go grab a copy. Hay!?

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

redd214

@Magician lol yeah my bad noticed that and fixed it haha

Edited on by redd214

redd214

TuVictus

Yeah, same. Nothing short of a Dead Space or Mass Effect collection would really be able to get my attention lol. On the brighter side, there are so many better games and companies on the Switch, so there's no space to even be annoyed by it like there was on the Wii U.

Playing through Xenoblade X on Wii U gets me excited for Daemon X Machina, which I can't believe is next month already

TuVictus

IceClimbers

Ghostbusters Remastered releases October 4th.

Can we get something for mid-October? Seems like it's all either early October or late October so far.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

NEStalgia

@redd214 Hating a video game company because they don't bring games to platform X would be silly. Hating a corporation that actively damages the industry they're in, damages other companies, damages individuals, AND is a poster child for consumer fraud.... while operating what amounts to an illegal gambling outfit and using money and influence to lobby political action for a free pass.... yeah, that kind of warrants hating them. Doesn't matter if they're in video games or fossil fuels, they represent the worst side of corporate power.

@link3710 Hyrule Castle wasn't as big inside as it looked outside, but it was just so cool in how it all went together. I stayed in there for a long while, then left to leave Ganon for another day. And getting back in felt different entirely from the first time. It was great. I can see the next one being about exploring more such ruins somewhere.

NEStalgia

Magician

Bah! Damn Google search mashing up vg247 articles. I thought something interesting had just been announced.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

rallydefault

I mean, if EA doesn't want a slice of Switch awesomeness, it's their loss. Plenty of companies have brought games to Switch that do incredibly well with the type of gamer we roughly tend to be.

rallydefault

JaxonH

Ya, there’s so many great games on Switch, it’s hard to care. Sure, it’s disappointing, but it’s not like we’re hurting for games, besides which, most of their current releases are mediocre to straight garbage. Aside from Star Wars, I can’t think of anything good enough to warrant breaking into my planned lineup schedule. And frankly, the only reason Star Wars interested me is because it’s Star Wars. I’m willing to bet the game, if judged on its own merits without any Star Wars content in the game at all, is just another ho hum heavy cinematic high budget AAA release following 90% of the same generic “formula for success” recipe every other big AAA story-driven game follows. So ya, it’s really not that big of a loss. It would be a big loss if they were actually releasing their back catalog, from back when they actually made incredible games all the time. But they’re not even doing that. So screw em.

I’ll put em in the same category I plan to put Atlus, Capcom and Sega going forward. The category of “I just won’t buy any of your games on any platform if you don’t want to release them on Switch”. This isn’t the Wii U era, and frankly I no longer feel the need to spread myself across multiple platforms to keep a consistent grade A lineup of games on my playtime schedule. Switch is a major success, there’s a truckload of demand, and if they don’t want to include Switch while favoring other platforms, then fine, I’ll just play something else. But I’m done buying those games on other platforms. I’m not going to reward them and do exactly what they want me to do, just because they refused to provide a better alternative. I want to play the games over here. So either bring the games here, or forfeit a sale. Simple as that. I said the same thing about Nintendo with the 3DS after Switch launched. I don’t want to play them on that system anymore, I want to play on Switch. So either bring the games to Switch, or forfeit a sale. And I did. I skipped every single 3DS game save Metroid Samus Returns. I won’t be buying Star Wars now, won’t be buying Persona 5 expansion (not that I was going to buy that anyways without it coming to Switch, it’s basically paying an extra $60 for DLC content), and I won’t be buying anything Capcom puts out elsewhere either (save Monster Hunter... everyone has a price, and MH is mine).

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

Now that I'm back to working 7 days a week (plus everything else: Hobbies, studying, building my portfolio) I have to curate my purchases. EA is a no go for me . Quite frankly if it isn't on the switch (or game pass and that is why i got game pass because i got sick of 60 dollar games in shrink wrap 2 years later) then I'm going to have to let it go. I'm fortunate that aside from NHL EA doesn't have anything that I care about (I've not been a fan of bioware after both DA2 and ME2 so they aren't a pull) and I already have the Mirror's edge games. I don't really understand EA's view point when they throw their games everywhere that can run them or modify to make them fit (mobile versions) so their excuse is empty. It is just lootboxes won't fly on switch and frostbyte is a coffin.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

IceClimbers

DB FighterZ is on sale for $17.99 on the US eShop

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Heavyarms55

And how much money for the rest of the fighters? lol

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

link3710

@Heavyarms55 Well, from the looks of it, the cheapest way to get all fighters right now (the packages including DLC are on sale too) would be $62, or the price of the game normally. (Yes I know you were joking but I'm thinking about getting it so...)

In all seriousness though, holy shoot, I had no idea this game had 50$ of DLC. That's ridiculous. I'm fine with just having the base game. Well, and maybe Videl will tempt me to get her, IDK.

link3710

1UP_MARIO

My first mynintendo physical reward, ready for the wall.
Untitled

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

TuVictus

Been a while since I got posters from Nintendo, super glad they're going back to that

TuVictus

EvilLucario

tfw American

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

MsJubilee

You failed us once again NOA.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic