Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 41,681 to 41,700 of 43,511

NintendoByNature

So I decided to get the 2 vouchers for $99. Alrwady preordered super mario maker 2. Holding out to see what else becomes eligible for future releases. The only future release I saw was Dragon quest builders which I'm not interested in.

NintendoByNature

MarioLover92

@NintendoByNature I'm sure the other games coming out later this year will be eligible. I bet you can redeem your remaining voucher for say, Link's Awakening, Animal Crossing, or Pokemon Sword/Shield when they come out.

My Super Mario Maker 2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
Username: MarioFan92

Grumblevolcano

@SuperWeird Pretty sure Nintendo’s online infrastructure is partially to blame. Other systems have it.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

@MarioLover92 I'll probabaly do Pokemon if it's eligible. Luigis mansion 3 links awakening and astral chain will prob all be physical for me

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

@JaxonH What’s the “Motion Control” option in the AC3 menu for? (Just switched from Desmond to Haytham)

Edit: Nevermind. Gyro for aiming, got it.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

MsJubilee

@Grumblevolcano The PC port is left out as well. This is just Sega not giving a damn.

I've died,there is no more me.

Finished reading God's Left Hand, Devil's Right Hand. Started on Grappler Baki.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

MarioLover92

@MsJubilee You can join a friend's lobby in the PC/Steam version:

Untitled

Don't think you can join friends in public races though. But you can invite your friends while you're in the lobby.

Edited on by MarioLover92

My Super Mario Maker 2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
Username: MarioFan92

Knuckles-Fajita

Regarding third party exclusives on Switch, unless Nintendo owns the IP, it aint staying that way. Expect Daemon x Machina to jump too.

Heck, Nintendo gets the shaft so much they end up having to publish multiplatform titles just to get them at all. Looking at you Dragon Quest, Skyrim, Dark Souls....

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

WebHead

Yeah if its a third party exclusive without nintendo's involvement its not staying exclusive. See Super Bomberman R and Octopath.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Grumblevolcano

I feel that games like Octopath and Sonic Lost World should’ve gone further in eliminating exclusivity. So not just PC but also PS4/XB1.

@MarioLover92 Oh must be just PS4 and XB1 that have it then.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

bluemage1989

I find it staggering that people cry out to have everything ported to Switch yet when the PS4 has ports from Switch its the end of the world to those same people.

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Arms and Mario Odyssey.

N64: Top Gear Rally.

Mega Drive: Streets of Rage 1, 2 and 3.

SNES: F Zero and Donkey Kong Country.

Ralizah

Exclusives designed around a particular system's unique features, or that were partially funded with money from one of the big three, shouldn't go multiplat. So: your Zeldas, Marios, Uncharteds, Bayonettas, etc. They help to define the unique identity of a system, and they're important for keeping non-market leaders from sinking into obscurity. This is what Microsoft is missing, I think, and it's the reason they won't regain their footing unless Sony seriously messes up with the PS5.

Third-party exclusives not built around unique hardware features... eh. I still think it's important for systems to maintain some exclusives of this sort as well, but, at the end of the day, I won't cry myself to sleep about people invested in other ecosystems getting to play our timed exclusives. I care more about playing games on my preferred system. The only case where I'd be actively annoyed by this is if a company maintained exclusivity in one direction, but not the other. For example, since mainline Persona is very likely remaining Sony exclusive, I'll be actively irritated if SMT V goes multiplat. They need to either give each system their exclusive game (as I think they will end up doing), or allow both to go multiplat. Anything else feels unfair.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Azooooz

Well, it's not wrong to port a game from Switch to other consoles, as long has it has stayed exclusive for a very long long time. Octopath Traveler and Super Bomberman R are good examples. I actually don't mind at all, as we already have played the game.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

link3710

I don't get the whole 3rd party exclusives staying exclusive is good mentality. I want stuff like Persona 5, Shenmue, Yakuza etc, why should I complain about Octopath or No More Heroes going multiplat?

link3710

Dogorilla

The Nintendo fangirl in me gets a little disappointed when a Switch exclusive gets ported to other systems, because there's something kind of satisfying to me about having exclusive games on Nintendo platforms, especially after the Wii U was shunned by most third parties. Realistically though, it is of course a good thing for games to be accessible to more people so I don't have a problem with it.

Currently Playing: Super Mario Maker 2 (Switch), Pokémon Conquest (DS), Severed (Wii U), The Sims 4 (PC)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic