Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 39,541 to 39,560 of 70,081

Grumblevolcano

Given how silent Nintendo is about Mario Maker 2, they may pull a 2015 regarding Treehouse where Mario Maker 2 takes the role of Mario Maker. I expected there to have been a Mario Maker 2 Direct or general Direct by now which puts that game in the spotlight.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GameOtaku

@WebHead
Problem is if you don't play online or have a stable connection to warrant it then your subscription is cut short. I paid for one month just to play the nes games. The first week was all good and then Saturday came around and I played over at a friends with a great connection so I browsed the eshop and played some nes games with them. I got home and around 9 o'clock at night I went to play them and it wanted to check if the software could be played and since I don't have a connection at home I couldn't play them until next Saturday rolled around I could check in! Another week the same thing happened! I paid for a month and only got a half month of use! I could've thrown them a few dollars for the games I wanted and should just redownload games I already purchased on vc! Sony and Microsoft offer cloud saves but they also have no qualms if you want to back up your saves yourself. So NSO should just be for online play only and everything else should just be free perks to subbers and paid services to everyone else!

GameOtaku

WebHead

@Grumblevolcano yeah seems like they are more or less just gonna let the game speak for itself.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

toiletduck

@JaxonH you just summarized exactly why I don't get the appeal of games like this

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Ryu_Niiyama

I’ll stick with transformed on the wiiu.

Edit: cool about the direct!

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

redd214

Wow, a bit surprising but I'm excited to see more. Have had it preordered since it was announced,y kids are going to love this game in sure!!

redd214

DarkRula

Lookin' good, as Vector would say. I'm confident in getting TSR for the Switch.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

1UP_MARIO

Mario Maker direct 2 Morrow

Yes

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

TuVictus

I'm hyped! Which makes no sense because I didn't even really touch Mario Maker 1 on the Wii U since I'm garbage at level design. I love the game more as a concept, I guess, and I can't wait to see more

TuVictus

JaxonH

Sonic Team Racing looks incredible, as expected.

Time to get hyped for Mario Maker 2!

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

After the Mario Maker 2 Direct is going to be either a massive rant about NSO or people happy about Mario Maker 2.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

Meh, the SMM2 Direct is a waste of time, I'm already sold on the game.

It's a good bit of advertising, to make non-gamers more aware of its release next month, nothing else.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

FragRed

@Link-Hero Nintendo are releasing this game as a bundle with NSO, so expect it to require the subscription to do anything regarding uploading or downloading. Nintendo are going to go all out whenever possible to get people to subscribe and this is the perfect kind of game to get people to do so.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Harmonie

Magician wrote:

Meh, the SMM2 Direct is a waste of time, I'm already sold on the game.

It's a good bit of advertising, to make non-gamers more aware of its release next month, nothing else.

I mean, this'll hopefully keep them from spending too much time on it in the E3 Direct. When they spend time on it in a separate Direct, it doesn't take anything away and we don't even have to watch it. lol

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed Mario Maker 2, Animal Crossing and Pokemon Sword/Shield will probably be the NSO trio. Mario Maker 2 basically functioning like Smash Ultimate's Stage Builder in terms of NSO, Animal Crossing having more online involvement than previous AC games and Pokemon Sword/Shield will probably have Bank locked behind NSO.

Grumblevolcano

HobbitGamer

To play devil’s advocate, why would they pump up NSO if they don’t see more subscriptions? It’d be a horrible Catch 22 defense. My guess is they’re bundling this because they want more active subscribers, to show a higher use of NSO, to ‘justify’ whatever it is that’s ‘preventing’ them from pumping up the service.
But, purely devil’s advocate.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JaxonH

I think you're just gonna have to miss out, then. I dont mean that in a snooty way, but as truth of the matter. You're just not gonna get to enjoy the game.

NSO for $20 sucks, but it also sucks paying $60 for PS+ just because I want to play Monster Hunter for a spell. It is what it is. I dont like it, but I like my MH and I pay up. I dont like NSO, but I like my cloud saves and my Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate online and my Diablo 3 online, and will love my Mario Maker 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 online, so I pay up.

Life's too short to stand on a $20/yr principle

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic