Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 39,561 to 39,580 of 69,983

1UP_MARIO

I have to agree. NSO sucks but I love my mario kart 8, splatoon 2, mario tennis aces, smash, rocket league as well as cloud saves and how it covers my family and friends online

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Azooooz

Super Mario Maker 2. More of the same, or goodness awaits?

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

JaxonH

Redout looking good on Switch. Think I’m gonna have to pick this up

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

GameOtaku

@JaxonH
Or if you wanted to cause change you and everyone else who plays online could simply refuse to pay and force them to change.

GameOtaku

redd214

@JaxonH well said about the principle thing. It's literally dirt cheap, it's a cup of coffee a month and people get bent out of shape about it. Being someone who lost hundreds of hours of game saves sending in my switch, cloud saves alone are worth 2 or 3 bucks a month.

As for ps plus, if you're still paying full price for plus you need to visit more sites lol! It's ALWAYS on sale somewhere for $40-50. Don't think I've paid full price for it in 6 or 7 years!

redd214

JaxonH

@GameOtaku
Key phrase, and everybody else

“Everybody else” isn’t doing anything. Because the vast majority of “everybody else” doesn’t care.

So I could refuse to pay and watch as “everybody else” does nothing, and see jack all as a result of it, and just cheat myself out of a fun experience. Or, I could take 30 minutes of my labor income and solve the problem all year and have a good time. I know which one I’m choosing.

(Btw “you and everybody else” could’ve simply refused to pay Sony when they started charging online despite PS3 and Vita being free, and stopped the majority trend from starting in the first place. But nobody did)

@redd214
I’m not a regular PS+ subscriber. One time for MH, and that was that- don’t think I’ll ever subscribe again. As it’s not my primary console, I simply don’t play it enough to warrant $60 cloud saves (or whatever sale price they can be obtained for). If it was my primary console, I’d probably stay subbed, as I’ve done with Switch (can’t have 1TB worth of games and no automatic backups, that’s just living dangerously)

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

OldMan64

Hey Boys and Girls,
don't know if this is the correct place to ask but I'll ask anyways. I put my Labo kit together and the Blaster won't fire but once? The trigger isn't coming back up? It will cock and fire if I pull the trigger back up. I know I can take it apart and redo, but thought maybe someone might know what I did wrong? Any ideas?

OldMan64

Anti-Matter

@OldMan64
Have you follow all instructions while making the LABO blaster ?
If you missing any small parts (including the Reflective stickers) it won't work properly.

Anti-Matter

OldMan64

Not missing any parts, I guess I put something together wrong but I hate to take it apart and redo the thing:(

OldMan64

HobbitGamer

@OldMan64 Just so I understand, you’re cocking the rifle between every shot, right? It should be the same action as a pump shotgun.
The mechanic that makes the trigger push away from the handle is started by the pump barrel being pulled towards the trigger. The ‘clicker’ piece you built is basically passed between the barrel and the trigger. The clicker secures by a hook and creates the trigger resistance

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JaxonH

And... now it’s official from Level-5 themselves.

Snack World is indeed coming west next year.

Can see first half hour of the game here, combat starts around 20 min mark.

GameOtaku

@JaxonH
I did my part. I didn't subscribe to ps+ with either my psp or vita but played for free when I did.

Then after they started charging for online then the half complete games starting coming out that requires day one patches instead of doing QA before a game ships or goes live! At least with Sony and Microsoft you aren't forced to use cloud saves and both have account systems and some form of crossbuy and cross play and huge 80-90% sales on practically everything not just indies. Need I say more? Paying for online sucks for those that can't live without it, maybe couch coop, split screen games need to make a comeback.

GameOtaku

JaxonH

@GameOtaku
At least with Sony and Microsoft you aren't forced to use cloud saves and both have account systems and some form of crossbuy and cross play and huge 80-90% sales on practically everything not just indies.

There's no "at least". If that stuff doesn't matter then its value is basically worthless. For example, whether you're forced to use cloud saves is irrelevant, because nobody has time to manually back up every single game every time they play a game. Nobody did that on Wii U. Nobody did that on 3DS. It's just one of those things that make a nice bullet point to complain about, but nobody actually used it when they had it.

Not to mention, that doesn't have anything to do with the value of their online service anyways, even if that wasn't the case. If anything it cheapens the value, not strengthen it.

Also, Sony cross buy is dead, and even for the games that had it you had to have a Wii U like system in addition to your PS4 to take advantage, and even then it was only select games and NONE of the VC games transferred to PS4. I'm a day one Vita owner. I've seen it all.

But it has nothing to do with the online service anyways.

Sales are nice. But... they have great sales regardless. An extra 10% off on a game I would have purchased day one anyways isn't offering any real value.

I'm not here to defend Nintendo Online. I think its lackluster. But the notion paying 3X that price for online elsewhere is somehow "better" because of reasons unrelated to the online service anyways, I can't take seriously.

Btw, the fact your actions did nothing to change anything is case in point. Abstaining on principle accomplishes nothing.

Edited on by JaxonH

Therad

ReaderRagfish wrote:

I've said this before but I think locking the online in Mario Maker behind NSO might help reduce all the terrible levels shared.

One of the biggest complaints I hear about the original is how hard you have to search to find good levels, and if literally every kid who owns the game can share stuff, we'd see a ton of "Can you survive a sea of 50 Bowsers?"

Paying for NSO makes you a better level maker? Didn't know that.

Therad

GameOtaku

@JaxonH
Lots of people without Internet or interest in switch online would take advantage of backing up saves manually. Shocker not everyone who owns a switch plays online! Some actually prefer good stories to bragging rights on a leaderboard.

GameOtaku

toiletduck

JaxonH wrote:

@GameOtaku
Key phrase, and everybody else

“Everybody else” isn’t doing anything. Because the vast majority of “everybody else” doesn’t care.

Exactly this. I'm one of those guys who'se bothered more by the complaining and by potentially losing one of my save files, than by consodering not paying 20 bucks out of principle.

@Therad I think he makes a valid point. People who currently don't have NSO, won't pay for the subscription just to share troll levels.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

JaxonH

@GameOtaku
I dont think having online has much to do with it. It's a cumbersome, tedious process to commit to. The vast majority didn't even know you could backup saves on 3DS and Wii U because nobody cared enough to ask, because nobody wants to go through the manual process every time they play a game. And I dont think that trend is changing now.

Manual save backups have always been a niche, laborious option for a very small minority. If its not automated most people just dont have time for it, online access or not.

That all being said, who cares what people without online do or think when we're talking about the NSO service. Those people aren't even part of the equation anyways.

Edited on by JaxonH

GameOtaku

@JaxonH
Because the only way to back up saves on a switch is with NSO! I like having the option of backing up my data and I don't play online to warrant a subscription. I want to play the nes games and potentially other classic games but unlike vc you have to subscribe to an online service just to rent them and even then you don't have unlimited access even if you still have an active sub if you don't check in.

It all boils down to choices and perks. Sony and Microsoft both offer cloud saves but allow to you back up using flash drives and external hard drives (honestly having more than one option for data is always a good thing), "free" games with the sub and deeper discounts and sales. (take psn a sub could allow to get MH free for as long as your sub lasts but you could buy the game at a discounted price for plus members, your sub could potentially pay for its self if you are a big digital only player and you like good bargains.) Xbox has gamepass and Sony has cross play/ crossbuy which could be amazing if the rumors of ps5 being completely backwards compatible with all past iterations.

Point is you don't have to give up anything to not play online with either Sony or Microsoft. You still get the same features they do and nothing you need is locked behind a sub if you don't play online. While the opposite is true with Nintendos set up. You want to back up saves? You have to subscribe. You want to play classic nes games (and others down the line)? You have to subscribe. You want to play online? You have to subscribe. If you were just paying for online NSO is truly a great bargain compared to the other two! But for everything else it sucks a monkeys butt!

GameOtaku

Grumblevolcano

@GameOtaku You've got it a bit wrong there about save backup, PS4 is the only current gen console to have backup using external drives. XB1 only has cloud saves but they're free for everyone. The overall point is still the same though, all except Switch has a free backup option.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic