Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 37,621 to 37,640 of 45,812

JaxonH

EvilLucario wrote:

Give me my Xenoblade Warriors you cowards.

It deserves to be said again.

Give me my Shulk, Avatar dude from X, Elma, Rex, Pyra, Mythra, Poppy, Jin, Haze, Malos and Tora (oh my gosh, Tora!!! Could you imagine Tora rampaging with his little whirlwind and shield lol).

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: DQXIS, Ori and the Blind Forest, Ni No Kuni, Divinity: OS 2, Astral Chain, Zelda Link’s Awakening

HEY LISTEN! GO PLAY ORI AND THE BLIND FOREST!

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

Ryu_Niiyama

Olli olli 1&2 are heading to Switch! Today is a great day!

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

link3710

@JaxonH I'd think Xenoblade would need a couple more games under it's belt before it gets a Warriors adaptation. Though, we already have about 30 good choices for playable characters between party members and major enemies, that's not a bad lot. I'd probably go with something like:

• Shulk
  • Sharla
  • Reyn
  • Fiora
  • Dunban
  • Melia
  • Ricky
  • Alvis
  • Cross (XCX Avatar )
  • Elma
  • Lin
  • Irina
  • Gwin
  • Doug
  • L
  • Tatsu
  • Rex and Pyra
  • Adam and Mythra
  • Nia and Dromarch
  • Vandham and Roc
  • Morag and Brigid
  • Zeke and Pandoria
  • Jin
  • Malos
  • Laura and Haze
  • and of course KOS-MOS

But I mean, even with basically every major character from each game, that's still 7 less characters than is in Fire Emblem Warriors. There's definitely a few more that could be added, alongside some unexpected ones, but still, it definitely doesn't have the depth of cast yet to pull from. Of course, if all the XC2/Torna characters fight individually it'd be a different story, but who knows?

link3710

BigBadJohn

I don’t know why people are so up in arms when a publisher or manufacturer predicts an all digital streaming based future for video games. I used to have hundreds of dvds but now I stream everything which is so much more convenient. Same with cds. Once the infrastructure is capable of matching physical games then I will welcome it. On an unrelated note the UK is officially the fifth biggest gaming market in the world. Not bad for a tiny island https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-46757989

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

link3710

@BigBadJohn There's a number of reasons. The mod scene is huge on gaming among people who are on forums, so losing the ability to mod games would be a huge hit. Input lag from the stream is always going to be impossible to eliminate, making games feel less good to play than if they're at home. Sleazy business practices can be put into place more easily with streamed games. Portability will be gone, since you can't play streamed games unless you have a hardlined connection. There are entire genres that will likely be dumbed down due to input lag, like shooters and fighting games (see how people feel about playing Smash online right now, and apply that to the local, not a pretty sight). Like streaming services, games will be able to just vanish when they get taken off services, instead of being owned. So if you're halfway through a game, too bad. Games can easily vanish forever if they're streamed (see how hard it is to play Satellaview games now, or how it's impossible to play lots of legacy WoW content) which sucks from a historical perspective. I welcome the option for streaming, as there are totally places it makes sense. But getting rid of local games entirely? That's awful, and I hope it never happens.

And the same thing goes for movies and TV shows. I have about a dozen tv shows on DVD, some of which are currently unavailable on ANY streaming service. Yeah I stream too, but for stuff I always want access to local is king.

link3710

EvilLucario

@link3710 If Square and Namco are willing, then you can turn it to Xeno Warriors with characters from Xenogears and Xenosaga.

I know I'd definitely love to play as Grahf, Id, Citan, Fei, and Elly along with Shulk and Rex in a hypothetical game.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

JaxonH

From AMA on Reddit, to Drinkbox Studios regarding Guacamelee 2:

Q Why not just announce all the platforms at the start?

A We're not allowed to talk about the content of contracts that we sign with platform holders, but without giving any details I think I can safely say that we had an agreement in place with Sony that covered the initial launch of the game.

Just one more example of the stranglehold Sony has on signing exclusivity deals to ensure other platforms do not receive games until later, and point blank admission they restrict the developer from disclosing the fact the game will be ported to other systems (i.e. Switch) at a later date.

And at this point, they do it so much, you never know which ones are actually just games that happen to not be coming to Switch, or games that can’t come to Switch because Sony paid to prevent it, or paid to prevent it for a period of time.

Crash was obviously victim of this policy, and Spyro... is that really just a game that happened to get no Switch announcement? I find that hard to believe. Is Castlevania VC release really a full exclusive? Maybe... or was it simply contracted “for a time”? Who can say? Is MH World really not being ported to Switch because they just hate money, despite Iron Galaxy point blank asking to port it, or was a deal in place ahead of time to ensure Nintendo never got the entry on any platform, given Nintendo was the biggest threat for that series (especially accounting for the obvious exclusivity in Japan proving a deal was struck, and the leak which accurately predicted the game and stated they’d made a deal, and the fact Capcoms games are exceeding expectations on Switch and they’re porting left and right when MH would be a GUARANTEED multimillion seller)? Who can say.

Was DQXI really not talked about on Switch at all because SE just felt like it, and then suddenly BLAM, loads of info after the PS4 release dropped? Or was there a contract in place preventing them from doing so, explaining why the producer would always get so agitated when people would bring it up, because they let the cat out of the bag before they were prohibited from doing so...

So many games I can think of... where I’m questioning whether they’re not announced for Switch yet because of random reasons (which I’m sure is the case for some of them), or because a contract prevents it (which, I’m also sure is the case for some of them... many of them even)

Maybe they are... maybe they aren’t. None of us knows for sure. But, one thing I do know, is that at this point Sony hasn’t earned the benefit of the doubt. On the contrary, they’ve given just about every single reason to doubt there possibly is. And I resent that. I resent anyone who bribes developers left and right to pretend they’re not bringing their game anywhere else, or worse, to actually not bring them at all. Paid exclusivity without reasonable justification doesn’t sit well with me, but if they came out and at least told us the score flat out, I could maybe tolerate it. Just say, “look, we’re paid to remain exclusive for 1 year, after that we’ll be going multiplatform”. At least then people know the score. But they can’t even do that anymore. Sony’s made sure of it.

And... this is all the more reason to hold off buying anything that’s presented to be “excluding Switch”. Because you never know how many of those games have a planned Switch version and the dev simply has duct tape strapped across their mouth.

PLAYING
NS: DQXIS, Ori and the Blind Forest, Ni No Kuni, Divinity: OS 2, Astral Chain, Zelda Link’s Awakening

Jesus is Lord.

HobbitGamer

I mean, it’s been this way for a long time. Retailers do it all the time. Cell phone manufacturers did it for quite some time.
I know it comes across shady, but it does make business sense. And we also don’t know what a development studio may get out of a timed exclusivity deal, either. They may get a higher profit margin, future contracts locked, better showcasing.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JaxonH

@JackEatsSparrows
I’m just opposed to exclusivity purchased, because it’s essentially paying money to prevent certain gamers from enjoying a game on their preferred platform, in order to twist their arm to play it on another.

And I know it’s nothing new. But it never used to be so prevalent. Or maybe it was, and we just weren’t any wiser at the time. And only now is the sheer scope of these practices coming to light. MS at least had the gall to fess up to paying for Rise of the Tomb Raider (which Sony fans threw a fit over, despite Sony committing the exact offense 10x over). At least when they tell us up front, we can plan accordingly. Fine. Pay for your year of exclusivity. But don’t use trickery and deceit. Tell people upfront- this will be exclusive for X amount of time. If people don’t want to wait they can buy it. But if people want to wait they should likewise be allowed to do so. Not deceived into buying it because it was implied to never release anywhere else. That’s the epitome of shady.

And to be clear, I’m not against funding exclusives. That’s totally fine. When you fund a game, it’s yours. I would expect nothing less than exclusivity. Bloodborne, Bayonetta 2, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, The Last Story, etc. Just... don’t hide behind that illegitimately and use it as an excuse when it’s not really the case. Street Fighter V is a good example of that. Capcom was never not going to release a new SF game.

It is a real eye opener though. Not that we didn’t already have a good idea of what’s going on but, each new example just reinforces it. I honestly do not know which games actually aren’t coming to Switch, and which games are simply “under contract” for the time being.

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

gcunit

It takes two to tango - devs are agreeing these deals, for financial benefit.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Ralizah

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is Switch-bound.

Never played this series. Worth getting excited about?

Ralizah

redd214

@Ralizah wow that's unexpected. Was a decent action rpg back on the PS3 where I played it. Should hopefully run smooth on the switch. Didn't really pull me in but I know many do love it. Interesting choice for Capcom

redd214

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH The unknown is sadly what makes those deals so successful. If you know how long you have to wait before the exclusivity ends, you're more likely to wait.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Squiggy

Am i the only one disappointed in the switch? I thought they would of fixed the tablet portion of the wiiu and combine it similar to how you could use your game boy as a controller in certain titles with the game cube..... a main console and a sub that work together but also apart...... kinda wish they didnt scrap the wiiu entirely. Sure, it was a garbage console however, with a bit more planning it could of been a decent concept....

Squiggy

mariokartboi11

Hey guys, should i get monster energy supercross?

mariokartboi11

HobbitGamer

^^ Not sure if troll or time-traveler from 2017...

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

EvilLucario

@Ralizah My friend loves that game. So it's probably good, but Idk the specifics.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

HobbitGamer

@mariokartboi11 Sorry, I meant the post above yours, haha. I dunno much about that game, though. Did you check out some vids?

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic