Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 37,621 to 37,640 of 43,668

Knuckles-Fajita

@DarthNocturnal @Tsurii I find it comical he goes to the comments to tell people to stop port begging, when one of his own staff left Comment 2 literally inviting it.

But nope, never their fault.

I only go to PS to either A) Inflate their egos and make em feel better, or B) Find out some info to send to friends.

Outside of that.....yeeeeeaaahhhh I may be crazy but at least I'm not in denial.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JaxonH

Pure Xbox was nice. And I’m not even that big of an Xbox fan. But I liked going there because of the multi-console-culture and general friendliness toward other platforms. It was a very small site, and that I never understood because there’s a lot of Xbox gamers out there. I think at that time though there was a lot of negative sentiment toward the brand.

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Vita: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

HobbitGamer

@JaxonH I liked X360 achievements site. The forums were pretty good. Part of that is because a lot of the users were in it for the long haul on cheevos and just helpful in general. Kind of like hanging at a mechanics shop versus an autozone.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JaxonH

@JackEatsSparrows
I’ve been looking for a good Xbox site to get news from and even a community like this one... there are no good Xbox communities out there that I can find. It sucks.

We should start a new multi-console site, and to be a member you have to prove you own multiple consoles, and any irrational hatred toward one particular platform is an instant ban. Not to say you can’t have preferences. Everyone has those.

We’ll call it “PureNintendoSquares”... no wait... “NintendoSquareBox”... still no? ... ok how bout this... “PushboxLife”... sigh... I give up

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

Tsurii

@Ralizah aaaaand that's a wrap on Pirate's Curse lol
Initial impressions were spot on, I liked it a lot. Cheesed one boss (the squid lol) because I got super annoyed at one point, altho I attribute that more to me having a bad day than the game I think, but overall really pleasant and neither too hard nor too easy apart from that weird difficulty spike in platforming at the very end. Nothing that gave me too much trouble but it felt slightly odd after the platforming itself was pretty manageable overall. I hate the goop enemies tho. Screw those 😅
Music was jamming from start to finish, I think I already said how much I liked how it looks and the artwork for conversations is rad as heck. The powers all felt really natural and opened up the areas quite nicely as you go and going through all areas to look for the remaining tinkerbats with that boots, hat, cannon combo was insanely fun due to how stupid fast you go. My one complaint is the overabundance of going back and forth tbh. It wasn't unbearable but it did get slightly annoying at the very end because the way to and from the last area before you get to the island with the villain felt suuuper long to me. Those wolfs and the ice slopes meant you had to stop and think about almost every step, if you mess up with the boots and boy did I ever mess up with that. Shantae must've had the nastiest headache by the time I was done there 😂

Overall a really fun little game tho. I expected a little more...metroidvania than just long "levels" tbh, but I don't mind because it was all pretty well designed. I already got myself Half-Genie Hero with a bunch of more gold coins, think I ended up paying less for the whole package than the base game would be on its own.

Edited on by Tsurii

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter

FragRed

@JaxonH I thought Nlife owned an Xbox website but that seems to have gone? I remember when Teamxbox used to be a website but IGN shut that down a few years back.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

DarthNocturnal

So... Xbox fans are nomadic then?

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Ralizah

@Tsurii Glad you liked it! <3 Did you get the true ending?

The previous two games are more purely Metroidvanian, but this game's approach, where you get several large areas to explore, minimized the amount of backtracking in this compared to other games in the series while also allowing for good level design. Also, the focus on tools over transformations generally sped up the gameplay.

I'm curious what you'll think of HGH. That game tends to be pretty controversial in the Shantae fandom.

Ralizah

Anti-Matter

@Octane
"just like there's always that one user who thinks Nintendo is the absolute best and ''mature'' games are the spawn of the devil ."

Is that about me ?

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Tsurii

@Ralizah I think I did, if that's what happens when you collect all of the magic? I didn't get the last 7 squids because I kinda wanted to see the end once s*** hit the fan but Risky said to go get the bats so that's what I did lel

I started HGH, not even 20 minutes but gosh dang does it look good in motion. Didn't look at any trailers but it's so pretty haha

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter

Anti-Matter

@JackEatsSparrows
Last time i checked Original Xbox machine from my friend, Original Xbox's size was very Bulky and Heavy. I was thinking how heavy that video game machine for just only playing Dance Dance Revolution UltraMix 1 - 4 , the ONLY XBOX games i want to play on it. Btw, my friend's XBOX was the Clear case edition. What region of that machine ?

My Top 6 games :

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

HobbitGamer

Anti-Matter wrote:

@Octane
"just like there's always that one user who thinks Nintendo is the absolute best and ''mature'' games are the spawn of the devil ."

Is that about me ?

Teehee 😂

Oh, and I dunno where that clear Xbox was from. I think NA only had black for standard. May have been a green or Mountain Dew orange at some point, too.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

@JackEatsSparrows
My friend owned that Clear case edition of Original Xbox.
It was soooo.... Heavy, even heavier than PS2 Fat. 😣
From aesthetic aspect, Clear Xbox was definitely my favorite choice, but from games library aspect, i just only interested with 4 Xbox games only and they are Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix 1 - 4. 😅

My Top 6 games :

JaxonH

@FragRed
Ya. It was called PureXbox and was a sister site to NintendoLife and PushSquare.

And I really appreciated that site because, I am a gamer with broad horizons I enjoy games on multiple consoles, and sometimes like to talk about games on other platforms, but the cult-like PushSquare just... isn’t an option.

So, PureXbox was fantastic because everyone over there seemed to own and play all three platforms. So you weren’t constantly getting attitude from a superiority complex and closed minds. I don’t know why more people didn’t frequent the site. There seems to be a lot of Xbox One owners here.

They eventually shut the site down from lack of traffic.

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

HobbitGamer

@Anti-Matter It was heavy indeed. It was the VCR of video games 😂 it looked like a giant brick next to a GameCube. But man, that machine was awesome.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

RedderRugfish

I own every major console from that generation except Xbox. I do have some interest in buying one, but it's not high priority for me right now.

I've been playing mostly Mario Party and Dreamcast, I got a Dreampi last week to get the thing online and have been addicted to Phantasy Star Online and Worms.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Ryu_Niiyama

Ooooh this Vestaria Saga game looks good. I will keep an eye out lol.

Also multiconsole and PC gamer here. Never understood the console wars thing. It is consumers being anti consumer.... to themselves. So silly to watch. Play what and where makes you happy.

Platinum is saying they will have multiple announcements next year. For the love of Urbosa please let one of them be related to w101.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
Yes it does! Let me know your impressions.

I got it running on the Win 2, unfortunately when I switched to controller mode it didn’t map properly. I had to use Steam’s controller configuration settings to manually map confirm and back to A and B, and the directions to analog and Dpad. Once I got everything mapped though it started working perfectly. If anyone else has issues I’d be happy to upload my steam controller configuration for this game so that others can use it, although they could probably edit one themselves in a few minutes. Plus, it worked fine on my desktop so...

As for “anti consumer to themselves”, that’s a great point. Unfortunately I think most people are willfully ignorant to what they’re missing out on. They refuse to acknowledge they are missing out. Me... I own everything and I fully acknowledge there are tons of great games on other platforms. I wish they would all come to Switch, because I really enjoy playing games on Switch more. But if a game isn’t on Switch, that’s no fault of the game in question. The game can’t help what platform it was created for. I do wish I could play every game on switch and never touch another console again, but that’s not going to happen.

At the end of the day, it’s not the end of the world if a game isn’t hybrid. Worst case scenario, it gets played on the TV... and I love playing games on the TV. I just like having the freedom to take them elsewhere if possible. But ya, worst case scenario of a game not being on Switch... you press the power button on a different controller. Oh the horror

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

Ralizah

I've owned pretty much everything other than the Xbox One (no reason to own one) and Sega Saturn (never even seen one in person). I think I'm largely done owning multiple modern gen consoles, though. There's just not enough time for me to keep up with all the releases I'm interested in across the various platforms. From now on, it's just PC, Nintendo, and my older consoles.

Ralizah

rjejr

@JaxonH But just think, if they put Pikmin on mobile they can sell Pikmin at a penny a pop, 300 red, blue and yellow Pikmin, that's $3.00. Nah, I don't see it either. Though, if they could make it like a Clash of Clans type game it could work I suppose. No throwing of the Pikmin, just rushing groups at a time. You ever play Mushroom Wars back on PS3? It's one of the best, if not the best, real time strategy games I've ever played. They could almost just throw a skin on it. Rather than attacking just cities you'd take boss monsters. The first game was even on mobile. I didn't like the controls as much as on PS3, it was perfect on there, but I played it. Sill waiting for a sale on MW2 on Switch. It wouldn't be Pikmin at that point, but it could work. Man, now I want it. I'd pass on a port of 3, I've played that enough, but why not?

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic