Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 37,081 to 37,100 of 70,130

EvilLucario

@Kova Nintendo doesn't make these ports.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

link3710

@Kova You do realize AC is made by Ubisoft, Darksiders is THQ Nordic, and Mario and Zelda are Nintendo right? Those are three completely separate companies with their own agendas.

link3710

Kova

I'm too angry and frustrated to think rationally.. sorry guys. Gotta head out and forget Nintendo for a moment.

Kova

GrailUK

@Kova Why get angry about video games dude?

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

HobbitGamer

Kova no like these games! Kova go smash! Kova no like business choices not aligned with Kova!
Sun's startin' to get low, bud.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JaxonH

Lol guy's a trip...

Darksiders. Add another classic notch to the HD handheld hybrid belt.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

IceClimbers

Nintendo's financials are out.

As of December 31st:

Switch - 32.27 million
Smash Ultimate - 12.08 million (yes, you read that right)
Pokemon Let's Go - 10 million
Super Mario Party - 5.30 million
MK8D - 15.02 million.

HOLY F***ING **** AT SMASH'S NUMBERS THOUGH.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

Mario Kart Tour is delayed until summer 2019.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

The hardware forecast has been slashed to 17 million for the fiscal year. That'll get some Nintendoomed articles going, which is a shame considering how well the software numbers are doing. Still a solid result overall!

EvilLucario

Ultimate could possibly become the best selling Switch game if it keeps up, holy crap.

So it seems that Nintendo lowered their 20m expectations to 17m. Looks like they'll miss it after all. That said, for a comparatively lighter year that's still not too bad.

Wonder if New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe didn't do as well as they'd hoped for hardware sales in Q1. Maybe that's what caused them to think differently.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

i'd guess they were expecting Smash to bring in more hardware sales for October - December.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Toy_Link

@IceClimbers The Switch won’t outsell the N64 until next quarter? NINTENDOOMED!!! /s

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

IceClimbers

@Mrtoad Ha!

Just 660,000 short of N64's LTD sales. Should surpass it by mid-February, if not by the end of this month.

EvilLucario

What makes me sad though, is that ARMS and Xenoblade 2 both dropped out of the best-sellers list. I would have liked to see Xenoblade 2 at least break 2 million, even if it has to eventually limp to that milestone.

Ah well.

Toy_Link

3DS only sold 1.31 million units from October-December.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Lemmy_the_Koopa

For those that want to take a look at the close numbers here are the Nintendo Co., Ltd.reports.

Earnings Release: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2019/190131e.pdf
Supplemantary Information: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2019/190131_2e.pdf

Interestingly enough nothing has changed and so far they did not add any new titles we had not been aware. I wonder why Nintendo is playing it that close to it's chest.

EDIT: Looking at the Switch unit sold 2018 vs 2017 reveals that the biggest growth in Switch sales was actually overseas, while Japan only had a slight increase in terms of sales.

Edited on by Lemmy_the_Koopa

Lemmy_the_Koopa

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic