Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 37,061 to 37,080 of 41,853

Ralizah

I'm still sore about the lack of nominations for Xenoblade 2, but if Octopath wins best OST, I'll be satisfied enough. That game has a really incredible score.

With that said, Red Dead 2 will probably sweep the awards, including that category.

Ralizah

bluemage1989

Cobalt wrote:

Absolutely disgusting...

Looking good. Cant wait to play this next year.

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Arms and Mario Odyssey.

N64: Top Gear Rally.

Mega Drive: Streets of Rage 1, 2 and 3.

SNES: F Zero and Donkey Kong Country.

NEStalgia

@Alantor28 Especially for Switch WiFi, I'd be VERY thorough for considering anything in your environment that has changed that could be emitting radio interference. Anything else wireless? Microwave ovens? Decorations, heaters, etc? I had wireless headphones that caused havoc on 2.4GHz Switch (it's fine at 5GHz.) Have you tried a wired connection (even if you have to use Wifi that you don't control the router, tethering to the laptop hotspot by cable might help. Sakurai wasn't kidding when he recommended wired for Smash )

Switch WiFi can be pretty touchy. I had a few routers that it would get connection unstable with Splatoon 2, then one that it worked fine.

@EvilLucario Destiny 2 is unique. It's not purely P2P. It hosts the activities, mission scripts, etc on dedicated servers, but leaves damage etch to the P2P system, so it's both dedicated and P2P for different aspects. It solves some of the worst issues because player position is on the dedicated servers - it maintains the map. That said Destiny 2 PvP is hot garbage anyway.

"I like where Nintendo is"
LOL

@Cobalt You know this stuff is a bit over the top when the resident Frenchman is calling it out

Then again, GTAV gets away with lap dances in stripclubs...and RDR2 gets full on hardcore...and both involve rampant murder and theft....nary a peep from the public. ...This is tame next to that.

@Anti-Matter That trailer looks fantastic! I loved the first game so I'm excited for 2. I just hope they keep the graphics looking notably better than 1. It wasn't bad but it was too big a drop from the PS version.

NEStalgia

scubydo

@JaxonH How to do you store all your games? I am very intrigued by your organizational method between both physical and digital and the SD cards that are for specific games...can you elaborate? I am looking for a good organizational system since my son will be getting his own switch, I will be getting physical, but I prefer digital for my switch just for ease of use. As I said though, can you elaborate on your organization skills when it comes to the switch games? Thanks!!

RPG, FPS, Adventure,Action...oh I like 'em all!
New Switch ID: SW-3806-8055-1317

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

JaxonH

@scubydo
I try to have one SD, the largest size possible, with all my games on it. I never want to not have a game I own on the main SD because I dont have enough space. This means leveraging physical whenever possible, and never putting digital copies of games on it that received a physical release. This way, I can access my entire library without ever swapping cards, even if it means using physical carts for most games. If a game is digital only though, that's fine. Just... no digital for games that got a physical release. And I import whenever English is available to save space (World of Final Fantasy, Capcom Beat Em Up Collection, Onimusha Warlords, Okami, Mega Man X Collection 2, Little Nightmares, Taiko Drum, One Piece Unlimited World Red and Pirate Warriors 3, etc).

But I love digital for convenience. Unfortunately, even with a 512gb microSD, there simply isn't enough space to be buying games digitally that also got a physical release. So I got a separate 512gb card for digital "convenience copies" of games I own physically. I can store in my case so I can access all the top retail games anywhere I go, without carrying 50 different cartridges. Actually, I got two additional 512gb cards, because one was already down to 95gb space left, in less than 2 years on the market. By splitting digital convenience copies between 1st and 3rd party on separate 512gb cards, I expand my capacity for digital copies of retail games to a full 1tb. And still have the main SD with only physical games and digital exclusives, so I can at least access everything without needing to swap an SD.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy X, Dragon’s Dogma, Mortal Kombat XI, Darksiders, Cuphead, Hellblade, Trials Rising
X1: Trials Evolution
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
3DS/Wii U/PS4/PSVR//Vita/PC/Rift: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Anti-Matter

First 1 hour gameplay of Dragon Quest Builders 2 Japan (Demo version).

Disclaimer: Somehow, this Demo running on 30 fps despite i have set on 720p 60 fps from Youtube. Hopefully the Full game will run on stable 60 fps like the prequel.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

scubydo

@JaxonH So do you buy both a physical copy and digital? I already have a 200GB I got cheap when the switch first came out, and now I got a 400GB on sale cheap a few weeks ago. Still have about 30GB on the 200GB of course that does not include my physical copies being bought as digital for convenience.

Edited on by scubydo

RPG, FPS, Adventure,Action...oh I like 'em all!
New Switch ID: SW-3806-8055-1317

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

JaxonH

@scubydo
Only for top games. Ones that are good enough and important enough to me to warrant having access anywhere I go via digital (though that now means swapping the SD since there’s no possible way to buy digital and not run out of space combined with all the other games).

So Zelda, Mario Odyssey, Mario Rabbids, Mario Kart, ARMS, Splatoon, FE Warriors, Xenoblade 2, DKC Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors, Mario Tennis Aces, Octopath, YS VIII, Mega Man Collection, Mega Man X Collection, Street Fighter Collection, Ultra Street Fighter II, Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, Skyrim, DOOM, Wolfenstein 2, Dark Souls, Diablo 3, Pokémon, Civilization VI, Smash, Okami, Valkyria Chronicles 4, South Park FBW, etc etc. Those are all physical + digital. Physical for posterity and awesomeness of having these games on a cartridge, and to take up minimal space on main SD, with digital for easy convenience anywhere without carrying tons of cartridges, with the hope that one day a 2tb card will be released that can house the entire Switch library digitally. Or at least most of it.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy X, Dragon’s Dogma, Mortal Kombat XI, Darksiders, Cuphead, Hellblade, Trials Rising
X1: Trials Evolution
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
3DS/Wii U/PS4/PSVR//Vita/PC/Rift: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Cobalt

Nice T-Shirt Paul !
Untitled

Untitled

I really hope that Metroid Prime 4 will be shown because I already own Metroid prime Trilogy... :/
We had zillion ports on the Switch but now it's about ports of already ported games... o_O

Cobalt

Cobalt

Kamiya at TGAs ? o_O

Edited on by Cobalt

Cobalt

ReaderRagfish

@Aozz101x Rabbids and Sonic Mania? Am I the only one who thinks that's a bit of an odd combination?

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Blooby

@Cobalt Me too, hoepfully the game will explain that mysterious ship from the MP3:C ending.

OK K.O. > Most Cartoon Network shows

Check out my Youtube channel here if you like cringy humor.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6275-6076-4710 | 3DS Friend Code: 1049-4443-8858 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

If Prime 4 is present, I expect it'll be very short like the Bayonetta 3 segment last year and not state a release year. Prime Trilogy HD would act as the equivalent of Bayonetta 1+2 but maybe the order of reveals reversed given Prime 4 has already been announced.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

bixente

Never played any of the Primes so really hoping the trilogy sees a release on Switch.

Friend code

SW-0378-6005-8904

Ralizah

Tales of Vesperia on anyone's radar? Bandai-Namco has revealed how the game will perform across the board.

720p/1080p on Switch (undocked vs. docked, obvs). 60fps in battle, 30fps everywhere else, which seems to be how it ran on the PS3 as well. Interestingly, the Xbox One version's performance has the same targets as docked Switch, although I wouldn't be surprised if it's more stable.

PS4 is 60fps across the board.

Source: https://nintendoeverything.com/tales-of-vesperia-definitive-e...

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Alantor28

One more day until Smash Bros Ultimate comes. I hope to get it on my birthday in two weeks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic