Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 35,501 to 35,520 of 70,008

Buizel

@Cobalt I'm a bit bummed out by this too tbh. The number of times they've sold us this collection and they still manage to miss out key games (games that have appeared before, even) like Sonic 3+K and Wonder Boy.

Also quite a bummer that they're not utilising the mobile ports of Sonic 1 and 2. They were excellent and make it really difficult to go back to the originals.

At least 2'8".

NEStalgia

If P5 comes to Switch, PS is rapidly becoming "that console you buy for $150 after the next one comes out so you can play the 15 or so exclusives you missed"

NEStalgia

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano I would be. I think Nintendo will drop a Direct during the first week of January to kick off the new year and set out some release dates for games coming first half of 2019. No need to say anything until then.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

TuVictus

Nintendo should be fine for the rest of December, so I don't anticipate a direct. Pretty neat if it does happen, though.

TuVictus

link3710

@FragRed First 2 (or maybe barely 3) weeks would be a more accurate guess, considering that's when it is every year other than 2016. Mostly cause 2016... well, we know what Nintendo was like that year, they just had literally no announcements to make, it was Switch prep time.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed I'm thinking more about the retail side of things, don't physical games have to be announced at least around 2 months before launch? Hence a January Direct instead of December Direct would suggest only eshop games for February.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

Not all games have to be part of a Direct.

Octane

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano As @link3710 said, Nintendo have been holding a Direct in January for a good few years now. The reason we knew about Mario U Deluxe being a January release was because there wasn’t going to be another Direct before the new year to make the announcement.

Also, who said Nintendo themselves would have a game launch in February? Could be a third party game which would’nt need a Direct to make a release announcement as @Octane mentioned.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

NEStalgia

Daemon X Machina seems like a valid Feb Nintendo release. They say only 2019 without a timeline and spent a lot of time on it this E3. That fits the "games releasing in the next 6-8 months" focus they like to reiterate. We know it's not Jan, and we know there are some big third party releases on other platforms in Feb (DoA6, DMC5, Anthem, Sekiro is that Feb/Mar window.) Seems like a decent time to bring out a major new IP they already showcased at E3 and doesn't need a Direct at a certain timing. FE:3H will probably be March/April since it says Spring, and I imagine other big things (AC?) might be timed for early summer. ACNL was a summer vacation hyped thing and worked. Pokemon will steal the Nov/Dec spotlight so AC is ideal not being a holiday launch.)

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Alantor28

I was surprised that Persona 5's Main Protagonist made it into Smash Bros Ultimate. I hope I get SSBU on my birthday in just one week which is on the 17th of December.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698

link3710

@Grumblevolcano Keep in mind, that if it's early January, a late February release is more than enough time for any game that's already announced to get a release date. That said, February is kind of a dead month for game sales, they may just skip it, advertise some 3rd party title like Trials Rising as the 'big' Feb game. Heck, even Town could be the 'big' title surprise announced, without a retail release.

link3710

IceClimbers

@NEStalgia Excuse me, but March is totally Yoshi's time to shine

I expect Fire Emblem in May.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

NEStalgia

@IceClimbers I don't know, doesn't Yoshi feel more like Aug/Sept? Not tied up in the Christmas rush, but close enough to it it feels Holiday?

NEStalgia

Aozz101x

Would be interesting to see not only Persona 5, but Persona 3 and 4 on the Switch as well. (if not I'll just get Persona 4 on PS2 and Persona 3 on PS2 or PSP.)

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Ralizah

I hope we get something decent in Q1 that's not a port or third party. Yoshi would be fine. Animal Crossing or Luigi's Mansion would be better. I also don't expect Fire Emblem until May or later.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Farmboy74

Today I received through the post the Flip Grip I ordered. I have at this moment in time one game that takes advantage of Tate mode (Pinball Fx), but initial thoughts are so far its very comftable and god knows why I didn't try out Tate mode sooner.

I am now looking to splurge out on some arcade classics, Gunbird 1 & 2 (always played them through emulators), Strikers 1945 and whatever else springs to mind.

Farmboy74

link3710

@Farmboy74 I only got a chance to use mine briefly before Smash arrived, but man is it comfortable. It feels great to use the system like that, I wish we could get some upscaled 3DS games cause they'd be great to play like that. Definitely gonna be (finally) trying Ikaruga soon as I take a break from Smash.

link3710

Farmboy74

@link3710, I forgot that Ikaruga got released on the Switch, the only other copy I own is the Gamecube version. Time to add this to the old wish list. Unfortunately my copy of Smash is under the Christmas tree and not to be opened until the big day!!

Farmboy74

Anti-Matter

I'm playing ARMS right now.
Who want to join in Party Crash Event ?

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia Yoshi feels like a spring time game to me. All colorful and jazz. Luigi would be great for the fall, tho.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic