Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 35,481 to 35,500 of 41,060

Knuckles-Fajita

English is my first language and I suck at it

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

1UP_MARIO

I can’t keep up with the language. It keeps changing.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

Buizel

What color joy cons would people like to see released?

I'd quite like to see some inspired by previous consoles. Maybe Gamecube purple?

I have to admit collecting joy cons has become a guilty pleasure of mine... I'm only missing the red set that came with Odyssey (and will lack the Pokemon ones when they are out).

Currently playing: Pokemon White (DS), Persona 4 Golden (PSVita), Transistor (Switch)

Nemodius

I would like to see a flat black with a darker eggplant type purple trim and stick/buttons
also a shiny black set with a med to med dark red trim and stick/buttons especially for Star Wars and/or an appropriate dark RPG game

Edited on by Nemodius

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

DarthNocturnal

Well, we could get that long awaited, occasionally hinted at re-release of Skies of Arcadia...

Actually, they've done this for pretty much there entire backlog over the years. “We'd like to bring back our old franchises!“. Cue near dead silence...

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Cobalt

@Octane said : "Are there any good Dreamcast exclusives?"

WHAT ? Are you serious ? o_O

Cobalt

Ryu_Niiyama

Zelda Gold and Luigi Green. That's all I want.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Grumblevolcano

Sonic Shuffle, the true competitor to Super Mario Party.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

It's literally Mario Party, isn't it? lol

Octane

link3710

@Octane @Cobalt It depends on what you consider exclusives. Pretty much every good exclusive on Dreamcast made it to the Gamecube, PC or some other platform since. That list is only the games that haven't been rereleased since then... because y'know, they're not the good exclusives. Ikaruga (already on Switch), Sonic Adventure 1 + 2, Tales of Arcadia, Silver, Grandia II, Jet Set Radio, Samba De Amigo, Crazy Taxi, Phantasy Star Online, and Shenmue were all originally exclusives I believe.

link3710

Cobalt

@link3710 You took the words out of my mouth !
I was ready to write the same reply as you just did.

Cobalt

Ryu_Niiyama

dreamcast was my fighting game system. Other than that as previously stated most exclusives got re released (and I have the ones I want in my library) If they want to re port them to current systems I won't say no of course.I could use skies of arcadia on the go since the switch is my slice of JRPG/NEO GEO/Shumup pie.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Buizel

@Ryu_Niiyama Zelda gold sounds great, and I wouldn't be too surprised if it happened.

@Bunkerneath exciting! Although I would prefer to have updated ports of these games (as on other systems), I wouldn't pass up a chance to play Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, Space Channel 5, Shenmue, Jet Set Radio, and Skies of Arcade on the go.

@octane Dreamcast has an excellent number of then-exclusives for such a short-lived console. However, as @link3710 pointed out, many of the best ones have already made it to other consoles. Doesn't make them any less valuable in the Switch though imo.

link3710 wrote:

Tales of Arcadia

Sounds like an interesting crossover

Currently playing: Pokemon White (DS), Persona 4 Golden (PSVita), Transistor (Switch)

link3710

@Buizel Pffft wow I completely missed that. I had Tales of Symphonia on my mind when I was trying to think of which GameCube games were Dreamcast ports, it clearly showed.

link3710

Octane

@Buizel Yeah, that's true, but I was just wondering if there was anything still locked to that system that you can't play anywhere else; but from what I've seen, most of the good games have been ported to other systems at some point.

Octane

Ryu_Niiyama

@Buizel I really thought Nintendo was going to rob me blind and make a limited edition switch. I dodged a bullet with that one. Because they could have done a switch and then I would have still had to get the LE game to get the case. Sometimes it is nice when companies leave money on the table.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic