Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 35,481 to 35,500 of 38,936

Ryu_Niiyama

@FaeKnight I hope you are ok!!

The good thing is the scum bucket sent his mustache twirling calling card so hopefully jail time is in his future. I hope there is some way you can sue as well. (I’m all for financially ruining horrible people when possible)

The closest I have had to deal with is I had somebody here send me a four page long rant/threat because I said I would buy a game. Part of the reason why I lean so heavily on the ignore list here.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

FaeKnight

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

@FaeKnight I hope you are ok!!

Honestly, other then getting hit by the battering ram it was no worse then the 6 or seven times someone has tried to mug me. Which yeah, it's kind of scary. But I have this tendency to be scarily calm during the event and only panic afterwords. Right now I'm more angry (and sore) then anything.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia it’s like any other form of doxxing. You’d have to ban video game forums , online games and the internet to make that mess stop and while it would save lives that is too heavy handed/unreasonable to deal with creeps. So instead you modify your own behavior and hope it is enough. Remember everybody is so PC and easily offended until the bullies fee fees get hurt. Then it’s threats (and sometimes follow up) and no platform time. Because you disagreeing or using logic is violence but actual violence....well you were asking for it. Welcome to humanity may I offer you a sample of our cheese platter?

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

ReaderRagfihs

Doxxing itself isn't illegal. It's not like you couldn't find almost anyone's address in phone books before the internet existed. But telling a swat team to invade an innocent person's home is very illegal.

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

The closest I have had to deal with is I had somebody here send me a four page long rant/threat because I said I would buy a game.

What game was so offensive that the mere thought that someone was buying it made him feel the need to lash out?

Edited on by ReaderRagfihs

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread

EvilLucario

@ReaderRagfish

ReaderRagfish wrote:

What game was so offensive that the mere thought that someone was buying it made him feel the need to lash out?

Mega Man X for mobile phones. :^]

(joking btw I have no idea which game)

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

PikPi

@DarthNocturnal haha I've experienced that as well. Pikmin 2 is the best one, and pikmin 3 as good as it was, was a step back.

Edited on by PikPi

PikPi

EvilLucario

For Pikmin I have heard so many arguments regarding which game is the best in the series. I've only played 1 and didn't really click with it and Idk about 2 and 3, but hopefully they could change my mind if I try again and become a fan.

Same for Xenoblade with comparing which game was the best, actually. Though most go 1 > 2 > X, I go X > 2 > 1 personally. Dark Souls also has that with people going 1 > 3 > 2, although I've only played 1 so far and can't wait to see how 2 and 3 fare.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

FaeKnight

Actually, the best Pikmin games are Overlord and Overlord 2

Which are basically goblin themed games of the same nature. You run around ordering around color coded minions that have special abilities based on their color while collecting the game's Macguffin(s), killing any native inhabitants you encounter, and generally looting everything down to the bedrock.

FaeKnight

ReaderRagfihs

I remember trying to get every single trophy in Melee and the only one I had left was the Olimar trophy that you can only get if you have Pikmin data on your memory card. I have the Wii version of the game so buying it for the Gamecube would be a waste of money, but that meant I could never get that last trophy.

One of my friends even had the game and agreed to let me borrow it so I could get the trophy, but he somehow broke his disc when he went to get it. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread

JackEatsSparrows

@FaeKnight Holy crow!! I’m also glad you’re seemingly alright. Hopefully that will get passed along to a detective.

#NoMoreBedtimes
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

FaeKnight

Of that I have no doubt about it happening @HobbitGamer. The police do not like being used as an assault squad because someone's a sore loser. Or for any other reason. They take hoax 911 calls quite seriously. I may not be the biggest fan of the police due to personal history, and they may not particularly like me due to the same personal history (nothing illegal though). However they don't like being used as someone's attack dog. I expect someone is going to get a very rude wakeup call regarding what is acceptable behavior.

Edited on by FaeKnight

FaeKnight

Ralizah

FaeKnight wrote:

it was no worse then the 6 or seven times someone has tried to mug me.

That... uh... sounds like a lot of attempted muggings for one person. Were these all in the same area?

Anyway, swatting is attempted homocide, as far as I'm concerned, and until people start spending a lot of years in jail for this sort of behavior, it's not going to get any better. This sort of thing is one reason I'm not too keen on playing games online: lots of crazy people, and we're never as anonymous online as we feel we are.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

FaeKnight

Yeah it is a lot @Ralizah, but then again I do live in my city's 'bad' part of town. And most of them happened at night when I was going out for a late night snack (doughnut run from nearby gas station) or heading home after a 12 hour roleplaying session. One of the attempted muggings was a police officer who followed me in his squad car (I was on foot) from McDonalds to my apartment, which was a good 17 blocks. He then stopped me right outside of my apartment and tried to 'confiscate' the bottle of Poweraid I'd just bought as evidence, on the grounds that I'm a suspect in a gas station robbery on the other end of town an hour previous. A neighbor witnessed this, could vouch that I couldn't have possibly have been on the other end of town at the time, and asked for the officer's badge number. He gave me back my beverage and left. I found out the next day that there had been no gas station robbery.

And that's 7 attempted muggings in 18 years, which is honestly not that many where I live. Only one time was I unable to convince the would-be mugger it was a bad idea to try messing with me. I've never had to actually resort to violence either. The one time I did go along with being mugged, I was in the lobby of my bank having just deposited the vast majority of my money into the bank. This bank is literally two blocks away from the police station, and the mugger was still there staring dumbly at my wallet because it had no ID in it, no credit cards (those I don't carry with me usually), actually nothing that could be used for identity fraud beyond a Red Robin Rewards card, and only 32 cents in change. I found the whole situation rather amusing.

Anyway, back to the Switch... I rather hope they port Skyward Sword to the Switch. I'd love to play that game, and the joy con would probably handle the game's motion control combat better then a wiimote does.

Edited on by FaeKnight

FaeKnight

NEStalgia

@Knuckles-Fajita when were down to the idea that playinga round of mk8 is putting your life on the line, i think it's time for online gaming to end. Yes, the internet too, but that's at least a real world application. Becoming a crack addict sounds safer.

@Ryu_Niiyama every day i find i like the world less than the day before. "Sunshine" in xc2 is the true hero of the story to me. . I 110% agree with "sunshine".

That said, this whole swatting thing is the swats fault more than the internet's. They seriously deploy in force based on anonymous calls that aren't even traced as local?? How is this different from calling in sightings of Jew harborers (aka people you don't like) to your local nazi office so they can be disappeared by morning (which was an actual thing) and reporting "seditionists" to the kgb/stasi? It's the same exact thing and they're still doing it. That kind of stupid is beyond internet stupid. That can only be government stupid.

NEStalgia

FaeKnight

NEStalgia wrote:

@Ryu_Niiyama every day i find i like the world less than the day before. "Sunshine" in xc2 is the true hero of the story to me. . I 110% agree with "sunshine".

That said, this whole swatting thing is the swats fault more than the internet's. They seriously deploy in force based on anonymous calls that aren't even traced as local?? How is this different from calling in sightings of Jew harborers (aka people you don't like) to your local nazi office so they can be disappeared by morning (which was an actual thing) and reporting "seditionists" to the kgb/stasi? It's the same exact thing and they're still doing it. That kind of stupid is beyond internet stupid. That can only be government stupid.

To be fair to the police, Swatters do spoof the call's origin point. The 911 call used to call down the police on me appeared to originate from my apartment, not a state on the other side of the nation.

FaeKnight

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia I have always agreed with sunshine and klaus. The issue isn’t were they right (cuz they were) but can’t they bear the weight of doing what fate the universe whatever is really slow to do. For both the answer was no. Which is why as well intentioned “extremists” they are were good people.

Malos didn’t care, he did because that was his directive and for jin (but that is still him pantomiming someone else’s pain; taking it to a logical extreme...hmm logos). For klaus and sunshine their actions hurt and haunted them because they did care. It is possible to do what they did and feel the weight of it. And they both did. Sunshine eventually dug in his heels to deal and Klaus gave up. Anybody got an apple of eden handy? Can we set it to lemming?

Also part of that is due diligence. If the report had been right and they didn’t go we would complain about police not doing their jobs. And there is enough of that normally. As For making life miserable for people you don’t like that’s normal. That’s why I always laugh when people think that words are what make people mad. No it is the intent and social acceptance of that intent. If you can dehumanize someone with no censure then often society allows you to treat someone less than human and since human disdain and hatred comes in so many forms you get to bleed someone out slowly and then go home and sleep at night guilt free. That is why we still have to explain racism and clasism and sexism to people. Because they make it small in their minds (those that even rationalize that is, most people are just legit evil and only present a veneer of civility. ) what they do to other, but of course they freak out if you call them out on it.

So yeah if I didn’t love Morag so much I would love to have played a game where sunshine won.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

FaeKnight

Doing evil for a just cause is still doing evil. Even as early in the game as I am, already they are clearly villains. Mass murder in the goal of peace is not the right path to take. Nor does it encourage peace.

FaeKnight

Ryu_Niiyama

@FaeKnight That assumes that people are left to protest. Besides the point isn’t peace because peace as humans know it are pauses between wars and even then people wage war on others socially, emotionally, and psychologically.

The point is either humanity becomes better or humanity is destroyed because it is irredeemable. You see both paths attempt to be taken. While the heroes answer is essentially the power of friendship which is meaningless and still has to be backed up by a weapon of mass destruction. Aww geez this reminded me why Rex is a useless “The Dragon “ again. Still you are just getting started and I would rather not spoil the game for you.

EvilLucario

Who the hell even is "Sunshine"? And Rex isn't The Dragon and isn't useless since he picked up the slack from Addam's failure.

FaeKnight

I've read plenty of books, watched movies and tv shows, and other played games with similar themes.

FaeKnight

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic