Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 34,841 to 34,860 of 70,082

Therad

@JaxonH a miss in design is still a bug. A bug doesn't need to be the code doing erroneous things per se, but can be missed functionality or undefined behavior. Or as Wikipedia summarize it "A software bug is an error, flaw, failure or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways."

In your case, it is clearly not the intended behavior since you are allowed to change SD-cards, therefor the switch should handle it in a correct way without you having to jumping trough hoops. Unless of course it is the intended way to solve that issue, then it isn't a bug but a stupid design choice. Either way, Nintendo should fix it.

And why are you arguing if it isn't worth arguing?

Therad

HobbitGamer

Has anyone noticed any Black Friday deals for pro controller in the States? My friend was thinking about one for a while.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JaxonH

@Therad
That's actually not right. MY intended use is irrelevant. What's relevant is Nintendos intended use.

Missing features are not bugs. I'm sorry but, they're just not. You're wrong about this and that's all there is to it. It's not an unintended consequence, it's simple lack of foresight or lack of caring to provide the feature.

I'm not sure why you're arguing with me about this anyways, unless you feel going back and forth with someone over what constitutes a bug is a valuable use of your time on this earth. It's something they should be providing but aren't. That's all that matters. And I agree something should be said to them about it. But this very well could be intentional as with most of their backwards, limiting choices with regard to the system.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

IceClimbers

@JaxonH Pretty sure the hardware revision that @Nemodius is referring to is the one that fixed the hardware exploit. But that's on Nvidia, not Nintendo. That revision has less of a difference to the end user than the second GBA SP model though

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

JaxonH

@IceClimbers
Ya, I knew what he was referring to, but it was a completely separate thing that's irrelevant to the discussion. Small updates like that happen all the time. The topic was whether Nintendo would release a new model to boost sales, and the timeframes of such a revision.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

IceClimbers

Preload for Onimusha Warlords is live on the US eShop. $19.99, 9.6GB.

@JaxonH Fair enough. Anyways WoFF Maxima is at #10 on the eShop chart. Been doing pretty well. So has that Taiko game despite being really niche and $50.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

JaxonH

NEStalgia wrote:

@JaxonH @IceClimbers Good to see WoFF is charting well for now. It didn't feel that way.

The thing is, it's at #10 and that's all of its sales. Typically a game selling well will release physically, accounting for 90% of its sales, and still hit #10 on the eShop. So hitting 10 when all of its sales are combined seems pretty lackluster imo. If it was at 10 on top of a physical release, then I'd say it's on its way to several hundred thousand sales. But eShop only? 10% of that at best.

Alantor28

This month's Splatoon 2 Splatfest is Salsa vs Guacamole. Though I don't like both, but I choose salsa. Which team did anyone choose on Splatoon 2?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698

BrainOfGrimlock

@Alantor28 has to be salsa for me - it takes the ingredients and makes them MUCH better. I like guacamole, but I love avocado on everything in it’s base (or ‘unevolved’) form, perhaps even more so than the greenest of nacho dips?

BrainOfGrimlock

BrainOfGrimlock

BrainOfGrimlock wrote:

I was going to come here and recommend ‘This War of Mine’ for anyone who’s never played it/never heard of it/fancies a very different kind of game, having seen it appear under ‘coming soon’ on the eshop however i’ve got to ask what on earth is going on lately with some of the eShop indie game prices?

(Bear with me as all my prices are in $AU) This War of Mine - which has been out a good while on other platforms is listed at $60...?! I Admittedly it’s the complete edition, but even at full Steam price I can buy it + all dlc for ~$20 less, without factoring in it’s been on sale for <$10 multiple times I’m not just trying to single this one title out, there’s quite a few examples - but when you’re an indie game trying to stand out, surely you’ve got to be smarter and put your price in the ‘sweet spot/impulse purchase’ zone? I know that’ll be different for each of us, but even as a huge supporter of indies I won’t consider taking the plunge at that price unless it gets Smash levels of coverage etc?

Compare it to Hollow Knight which is still only $17 for example; I’ll likely be called an idiot but I bought it on my xbox again purely because I felt the dev deserved more money for giving me such a great experience/free dlc and having set the price so cheap.

Maybe i’m wrong & they’ll sell loads of copies & make a fortune... I just don’t get it?

As if to prove a point! If any of the three people who read this (ha - yes i’m Flattering myself! ) liked the sound of ‘This war of mine’ from the brief mention above, it’s ridiculously discounted on Steam for 24 hours (again) and - let’s be honest - probably will be for Black Friday/holiday sales anyway?

Appreciate we all have way too many games to play right now, but i still recommend it at some point if you fancy a complete change of pace - it’s actually quite harrowing but still oddly rewarding, just not at the shop price (launches 28/11 on switch).

BrainOfGrimlock

Octane

Tomato sauce vs soap. I know which one I'm picking.

Octane

JaxonH

Well, it's the 24 hour countdown (basically) until Pokémon and Civilization.

Any excitement for these games? Two completely different games aimed at gamers at opposite ends of the spectrum.

Still not sure what to make of Pokémon. I mean, it looks fun to me as someone who never got into the series, but at the same time I'm not hugely excited. I'd say moderately... Moderately while hoping I'm pleasantly surprised. If anything, I'm still gonna give the series an honest go next year, even if I don't enjoy this one.

Civ is hype though. Civilization VI, Diablo 3, Dark Souls, Monster Hunter Gen Ult, Dragonball Fighter Z and Valkyria Chronicles 1 and 4 really made the 2nd half of this year worthwhile (and Xenoblade 2 Torna, but that's first party). 3rd parties stepping up and filling the Switch gaps nicely. Had it not been for these excellent 3rd party games, the second half of the year wouldn't have been nearly as exciting. I mean, Pokémon and Smash is great and all, but I'm not super big into either franchise, but I am into Monster Hunter. I am into Dark Souls. I am into Diablo. I am into Valkyria Chronicles 4. Oh, and Okami HD. Ya ya, it's an old game that's been around the block. Sure. But it's a classic. And being on Switch, looking so dang good, with proper motion and touch controls... it's a perfect fit on Switch. I remember being pretty bummed thinking it wasn't coming. Just goes to show even the oldest, most ported games of all time are still hype on this system. It's impossible for a great game not to be. Maybe on other platforms, but not on Switch. It's just too awesome having them in handheld-console format.

I will say though, Smash looks pretty freakin rad. Even though it's not my favorite series, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited for this one.

Grumblevolcano

All about backlog until Smash, focusing on Hyrule Warriors Legends and XC2 NG+ meanwhile Odyssey whenever the Hint Art and Costumes appear.

@subpopz Switch is a HD system meanwhile the previous handhelds were SD though, pretty sure what we're seeing is a natural result of HD development.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BrainOfGrimlock

I’m waiting to see people’s late-game experience with Civ before considering it (AI turns can take a fair old while), even then I think i’ll be holding off until the expansion (hopefully) gets ported further down the line.

Controls and the even greater lack of difficulty have put me off pokemon. Anything with the original 151 immediately appeals more to me, but I don’t think i’m really the target audience for this one so happy to pass.

BrainOfGrimlock

gcunit

I am very interested in Civ VI, but I have to admit to misguidedly thinking it was an RTS, rather than the turn-based game that it is (I'm also not a huge fan of the new art style for the series).

As such I'd rather try before I buy. Might have to finally give my Civ4 copy on Steam a go.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Ralizah

I do plan on getting Pokemon at some point. Maybe after Christmas. But I'm not hugely excited for it.

Honestly, I couldn't be less hyped about Civ.

The only games I care about before 2019 are SEGA AGES: Phantasy Star, Sega Genesis Classics, and Smash. And I'm still debating if I'm getting the last one at launch.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Therad

gcunit wrote:

I am very interested in Civ VI, but I have to admit to misguidedly thinking it was an RTS, rather than the turn-based game that it is (I'm also not a huge fan of the new art style for the series).

As such I'd rather try before I buy. Might have to finally give my Civ4 copy on Steam a go.

CIV IV is a different kind of beast though. They have revamped many of the systems such as the entire army system, maps, religion and techs.

I suggest looking at a youtuber or two.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

Farmboy74

@gcunit, I know that the IOS version of Civ 6 is free for the first 60 turns. If you have access to an iPad it might be worth to give that a go until you have to pay any money

Farmboy74

gcunit

@Farmboy74 Thanks for the tip. My work phone has IOS so I might look into seeing if I can get it to install on there.

@Therad I'll keep that in mind too, thanks.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic