Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 31,661 to 31,680 of 70,081

Ralizah

So... Gears for Breakfast just announced a port of A Hat in Time for the Nintendo Switch!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

FragRed

@Ralizah Wait, what? I thought it was impossible to port into the Switch or some bull crap like that.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Haruki_NLI

They said no, we already enough money, eff off.

Paraphrasing but yes.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

TuVictus

That's rich after how bratty they acted. Yeah yeah, I know port begging gets old, but they're still a team, and it was bad form of them to reply the way they did. But on the other hand, good for all Switch owners that have been hoping for this.

TuVictus

Ralizah

People need to give them a break. They already apologized for the Twitter posts, and they're clearly planning on supporting the platform now.

@FragRed Dunno, but they just announced the Switch version alongside the new free DLC.

We can thank all those annoying Switch owners on Twitter for helping to make this a reality. <3

Edited on by Ralizah

-Green-

The camera thing reminds me of odyssey. Wouldn’t be surprised if they took inspiration from that, which there is nothing wrong with.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Spoony_Tech

Do we support them after the way they treated us....

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

redd214

Wow these responses, sheesh you guys take this gaming thing way too seriously lol.

Anyways Hat in Time looks really good, skipped it on the ps4 but will definitely give it a shot on the switch

redd214

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah They were pretty brutal in their response though. One doesn't forget or forgive so quickly. They basically said what @Knuckles-Fajita said but worse. It was almost as if they said go screw yourself, we are more then happy to ignore the Switch as we made enough money off the other platforms.......months later, look at what Indies are doing on the Switch, maybe we jumped the gun and shot our mouths off a bit to hasty. Perhaps we could do this and double our money. I'm sure most will forget what we said many moons ago......

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

GrailUK

Heard good things about Hat in Time, although I never could see the hitch with a port other than the developers prowess with the Switch. Still...I missed all the drama. What did they say?

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Spoony_Tech

@GrailUK They basically said go f off as they were more then happy with sales and it will never happen.

It uses Unreal Engine 3 and the Switch doesn't support that. They figured it would be too much work to port. I'm sure their eye's got big with all the money Indies are making off them.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

GrailUK

@Spoony_Tech OOOoooooh it's coming back to me. Hang on. My next post should be able to sum it up.

GrailUK

No

NEStalgia

This is fun, every game I bought on X1 for under $9 is now coming to Switch!

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Spoony_Tech It's worth it to support them if only to make Switch their #1 platform and watch them have to interview with Damo 4 years from now and have to backpedal like Lance Armstrong near a drug-free zone.

NEStalgia

Late

Glad to see Hat in Time coming to Switch. I don't think they ever ruled it out. They just wanted the constant begging to stop. They probably didn't have enough time and resources to consider a port back then since they still had to develop the DLC.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Spoony_Tech

@Late Then say that. All they had to do was say we are a small team and right now the Switch is not in our future. Maybe something can happen down the road but for now we are moving forward with dlc and other things. Thanks for your comments about a Switch version and please enjoy the game where you can. Instead they flip the middle finger and move on. Seems like a bridge just burned to me.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

EvilLucario

@Late They literally said "A Hat in Time is not coming to Nintendo Switch" and did a Photoshop edit of Pauline in Odyssey ranting about how they don't have enough manpower to do a port and other stuff.

Never mind that games like Outlast were ported in a manner of weeks and THAT also uses UE3.

They brought the hate onto themselves by acting the way they did honestly.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

GrailUK

Yeah, they came across rather snooty. But it does look like a fun game so I'll prolyl pick it up.

Ralizah

@Spoony_Tech Humans are imperfect, and they do and say stupid things sometimes. I find this whole process of hanging people out to dry because they said something rude on social media in the past to be exhausting, frankly.

They're supporting a platform they weren't originally planning on supporting. Certainly don't get the game if it doesn't look interesting or you already own it elsewhere, but Nintendo owners ignoring it out of spite is only going to confirm to the devs that they were right to ignore the platform and its fanbase in the first place.

Bottom line: it's, by all accounts, a really fantastic 3D platformer, and the only way more games like this are going to come to the Switch is if we support the ones that do release. It's business, and we're voting with our dollars.

If they make good money on a Switch version, future games WILL come to the Switch alongside other platforms, which means more support for the system.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic