Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 31,581 to 31,600 of 32,446

link3710

@NEStalgia Except DKTF Clearly does. Look at the box art. You see the whole "With New Funky Mode" thing? That's clearly indicating that this is a rerelease, whether it's in the actual title or not. And guess what, Bayonetta 1 wasn't branded as a port when it was brought to PC, OR when it was brought to Wii U (It's not even a Wii U port technically anyways) and no one cared then. Let me just make a list of titles that DON'T have port in their name.

• Tales of Symphonia - PC
  • Rayman Legends - Vita, XB1, Switch, PS4
  • Grand Theft Auto V -PS4, XB1
  • Rocket League - PS4, XB1, Switch
  • DragonBall Fighterz - Switch
  • Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy - Switch, XB1
  • De Blob - XB1, PS4, PC, Switch

You know what all the games you listed had in common? Either they included DLC with the base game (Thus making it a definitive edition), made an SD game HD (Hence HD), Remastered the game (Hence Remastered) or collected multiple games (Hence collection.) Guess what Captain Toad, Bayonetta 2, and DKTF have in common with the ones I mentioned.? They don't have enough extra content to warrant any extra description. If they were labeled definitive edition or DX or the like, that would imply there were significant additions, and be misleading to the consumer.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

rallydefault

@JaxonH
Good post - I dub you the winner. I was elected judge by a panel of nobody a few minutes ago.

rallydefault

Alber-san

Wow there's serious damage control going on on twitter because of sony not accepting crossplay. (People hating on Xbox and Nintendo to justify it)

Edited on by Alber-san

Switch FC: SW-4227-6363-7321
Online games:
Rocket League, Splatoon 2, NBA Playgrounds, Fortnite

Favourite single player games:XC2, Skyrim, TLoZ: BotW

Ryu_Niiyama

@Alber-san I mean to a certain extent why would sony gamers care? they have never been exposed to others (baring the fortnite thing and yeah that is all on sony) in their play sessions so what is there to damage control? I don't understand fanatics. I mean technically all nintendo and ms are doing is marketing a feature that they have. If you want that feature game with one of them, if not keep on keeping on with sony. Then again people need very little reasons to go to war over companies that just see them as revenue streams.

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.
Please tag me before you sent a Friend Request. Thanks!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

DarthNocturnal

@Ryu_Niiyama

I've seen more then a few Sony gamers who cared, because their progress and purchases are essentially being held hostage. There's a lot to damage control. Especially considering the potential time and/ or money investment.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Alber-san

@Ryu_Niiyama
Totally agree. I guess they feel the need to justify their purchase and therefore are, in truth, trying to convince themselves that the other consoles are horrible. It is, after all, a great feature if you want to play with friends on other consoles/pc.

Online games:

link3710

Yeah, the whole Fortnite account hostage debacle is definitely why this is happening now. Games where your account should be allowed to move over to other systems (Minecraft also comes to mind) are also an issue. Like, there's a reason I will never buy PS4's Minecraft, despite owning it on PC and Switch. It isn't consumer friendly, and people (including Sony gamers) have a right to be upset about it. Sony is a single player console for me until this dealt with. Good news is that means I don't need to buy online for it, so it works out.

link3710

NEStalgia

@link3710 You're right about DKCTF (and I did already credit that game as mentioning WiiU right in the menu.) Good find.

Some of the others though:

Tales of Symphonia - PC: Multiplat with a Reeeealy late launch on PC
Rayman Legends - Vita, XB1, Switch, PS4: You're correct on that one
Grand Theft Auto V -PS4, XB1: That was just multiplat, not a cross gen port.
Rocket League - PS4, XB1, Switch: Multiplat, not cross gen port
DragonBall Fighterz - Switch: Multiplat with a slightly late launch on Switch.
Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy - Switch, XB1: Trilogy - the bundled port is in the title like Deluxe
De Blob - XB1, PS4, PC, Switch: I don't even know what that one's a thing, but yeah, I'll give you that one

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

@DarthNocturnal I mentioned the fortnite thing, but wouldn't this technically NOT be a new issue as they wouldn't have been able to game on a xbox? (I think I heard they can with pc though) and same with other games like minecraft?

Sorry my response got cut in half.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.
Please tag me before you sent a Friend Request. Thanks!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

canucksfan989

All over a silly f2p Battle Royale game. I get the frustration but hijacking every single PlayStation tweet is getting annoying. It reminds me of the DCEU fans spamming ever DC tweet with #ReleaseSnyderCut. I'd be shocked if Sony changes their stance when Microsoft didn't back in the 360 days. Mind you i don't think it ever involved a game where you made purchases and it was locked to a console but i could be wrong i primarily play single player games. It is pretty petty though of both Nintendo and Microsoft the stances they're taking on social media. Acting like crossplay is some industry standard when it only involves Minecraft, Fortnite and Rocket League feel free to add more if there are more games that are crossplay with Xbox and Switch.

canucksfan989

Alber-san

@canucksfan989
The thing is that those are possibly the biggest game of the last decade. So, while not a standard right now (although it could be in the near future), most if not all the gamers will experience the issue (or non-issue if they play on Switch, Xbox or PC). It seems to be becoming the standard.

Online games:

Grumblevolcano

@Ryu_Niiyama It's not a new issue but the Switch makes the point a lot stronger about Sony being in the wrong.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

I dunno.

I keep seeing everyone calling it ''anti-gamer practices'', but so are exclusive games, and everyone is fine with that concept. It's the same to me. Sony considers the online play an exclusive feature. Don't like it? Don't buy it. But the outrage is getting a bit ridiculous, especially after nobody batted an eye last gen when the situation was the exact opposite.

Octane

DarthNocturnal

@Ryu_Niiyama

As Grumble said, it's not new, but it has dragged it back into the spotlight. Which is good for applying pressure on Sony to change (not that I expect them to; it's no skin off my back either way as I don't have a PS4, but it's still crappy).

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

link3710

@NEStalgia

• Tales of Symphonia (PC) launched 13 YEARS after the original. How is that not a cross gen port? That's nearly two whole generations later.
  • Grand Theft Auto V was ported from PS3 and 360 a year after the original launch.
  • Rocket League - You're right there, I could've sworn it launched during the PS360 era.
  • Crash Bandicoot - I was specifically pointing out that it wasn't labeled as a port on the 1 year later platforms, though apparently we're only doing cross gen ports.
  • De Blob - It was originally for Wii, a major 3rd party release at the time, but I don't blame you for not knowing it.

I could keep up with examples lol, but I think we'd just end up sending them back and forth. I think my point still stands that it would be more anit-consumer to label these as DX or Enhanced editions when they're almost straight ports.

link3710

EvilLucario

@link3710 Well, before Rocket League, there was Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars by Psyonix which was on the PS3. Rocket League was the sequel apparently. That might be why you thought Rocket League was on the PS3/360.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@link3710 Tales: yeah, I see your point, but late PC ports of JRPGs in general are just so common. That's extreme, but in this context when we're talking about ports we don't really mean from one platform to another. I mean Halo coming to a Nintendo platform for the first time ever, or Mario Odyssey going to PC, it's a port in the technical sense, but introducing a game to a new ecosystem is a little different from moving from the previous model to the current model. There's a different feel to, say Crash "hey this formerly Sony exclusive game is now coming to MS and Ninty" versus "hey this 4 year old Ninty game is coming to Ninty again like it's new!" (And yes, Master Chief Collection is a port.)

GTAV was indeed ported, so you're right about not tagging that one, I forgot it wasn't a simultaneous X360/PS3/PS4/X1 launch more than a few months apart. That's a generational port enough to stand.

De Blob oh I have the original I just don't know why bringing it back today is a thing on any platform It was ok for it's time...but this isn't its time for sure. That's a truly odd move by THQ.

TECHNICALLY most of this mess is because of lack of backward compatibility to begin with, which is the one reason Microsoft is largely missing in this conversation: They're the only one with real BC right now (you didn't see many Wii to WiiU ports or GCN to Wii other than TP because it was BC.) Nintendo has no choice with the architecture shift, Sony deserves some blame due to their unsalvageable pigheadedness with PS3.

@EvilLucario WOW....that's even a longer video game title than a Square game gets!

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

@NEStalgia Look out for Kingdom Hearts 3.8358/2 re:Birth By Dream Drop Chain of Distant Sleeping Memories coming out in the year 2042.

Untitled
Untitled

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@Octane I think the big thing is people are more aware it's actually happening. The last gen thing you had to look for articles about some Square Enix game (I think it was one of the Final Fantasy games?) meanwhile this gen all you have to do is know about Fortnite which is one of the biggest games of the entire generation if not the biggest. You can also easily prove yourself that it's happening this time too just by having a PS4 Fortnite profile and trying to use it on Switch.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

OorWullie

The top 10 best selling multiplatform games on Amazon.com are all Switch games.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic