Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 31,581 to 31,600 of 42,622

GameOtaku

I've noticed that easy settings on Neo geo games doesn't help or the difficulty settings are wrong. Picked up Galaxy Fight over the weekend and put it to level 1 difficulty and I'm getting pummeled by the first opponent. The opposition should just stand there and take my punches and kicks and maybe on occasion block. Same with the version of alpha 3 on the anniversary collection I had bison to one point of health and I had less than a quarter and he blocked everything and threw me once beating me!

GameOtaku

Grumblevolcano

I don't believe that July 22nd Direct rumour at all, if I recall correctly Directs have only been on Sundays once (the Smash Direct before E3 2015).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

redd214

@Ralizah yeah I pulled the trigger and got a third switch for under $150! May keep it, day sell out but was too good of a deal not to jump on!!

redd214

Anti-Matter

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I don't believe that July 22nd Direct rumour at all, if I recall correctly Directs have only been on Sundays once (the Smash Direct before E3 2015).

Eh ?!
Really ?!

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Grumblevolcano

@Anti-Matter Yeah, irrelevant of the content the airing date itself is not believable.

If a Direct happens this month it'll likely be 19th or 26th (small chance of 18th/25th).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

Grumblevolcano wrote:

There's been a few on Sundays before most notably to my mind the year of Luigi one*, of course this was when they were more frequently and includes the time zone differences of it being on a Monday in Japan but Sunday elsewhere in the world.

Of course it makes more sense to do it during the working week tho as it encourages more news coverage.

*scratch that, google says the Luigi one was on a Thursday lol

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Ralizah

@redd214 Let me know if it ships. People are getting their orders canceled left and right, apparently. Mine's still up as I type this.

Probably should have gone for a download code or something.

Ralizah

redd214

@Ralizah did in store pickup, worked without a hitch Got to target right when they opened this morning and scooped it up! Someone's getting fired today lol!!!

redd214

link3710

And we're already back to speculating on directs again. Well I suppose it's been a month since E3... Still, was hoping we'd make it to August before it started up in force.

link3710

PikPi

Well, people were speculating right after the E3 direct ended lmao, it's a perpetual thing

PikPi

DarthNocturnal

If E3 had given us Mother 3 in the West, F-Zero Switch, King K. Rool in Smash Ultimate, and $20... we'd still have people wondering when the next Direct is.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

JaxonH

Ha! That Hungry Shark World game looks crazy lol

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy X, Team Sonic Racing, Assassin’s Creed 3, Darksiders
PS4 / PSVR / Vita / X1 / PC / Rift / GPDwin2 / Wii U / 3DS: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal Timing is the key, the fewer games there are in the near future the more people question about when the next Direct is and with Octopath/Captain Toad released we are entering one of those "drought" windows

Grumblevolcano

Knuckles-Fajita

"One of those drought windows" with Sonic Mania Plus tomorrow, Mega Man X later this month, Okami at the start of August, Monster Hunter at the end.

Not the most packed lineup, but its good.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Galarian_Lassie

Remember Hungry Shark World that got a rating a few months ago? Just got released right now. (At least it’s not a Crossy Roads ripoff)

Edit: Someone else beat me to it.

Edited on by Galarian_Lassie

Where am I going! Nowhere, unless if I say otherwise!

JaxonH

Octopath is so incredible.

How will I ever finish YS VIII when Octopath demands every waking second!

How will I make time for Captain Toad and Shining Resonance which are being utterly neglected?!

And God help us when Mega Man X Collection and Okami HD release. I hope I've cleared all these 80 hour games out of the way by then.

But come 30 days from now, the world will probably stop spinning on its axis when Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate drops. Every game is getting backlogged on August 28th.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy X, Team Sonic Racing, Assassin’s Creed 3, Darksiders

Jesus is Lord.

Knuckles-Fajita

@JaxonH Ys VIII is 80 hours? I'm at 45 currently (And 6 were in the post-game super dungeon....god help you there bud!) and I imagine it'll be 50 at the end.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JaxonH

@Knuckles-Fajita
It will be for me. Or somewhere in that area.

Let's put it this way- every Monster Hunter game to date, I got 400-600 hours... Xenoblade X? 600 hrs... Xenoblade 2? 200 hours... Fire Emblem Awakening? 100 hours...

I'd be shocked... no. I'd be downright amazed if I didn't see somewhere in the 70-80 hour range for YS VIII.

NOW PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic