Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 31,601 to 31,620 of 69,981

Octane

@skywake I hope they fix Australia soon. I'm fortunate enough to have a minimum of 100+ Mbps wireless. And I've seen it reach 600+ at a friend's place (wireless too). 8 Mbps sounds like molasses.

Octane

skywake

@Octane
Well, the government has been "fixing it" for the last ten years. It's just that the current government in their wisdom decided that pouring billions into VDSL (20-120Mbps DSL) made more sense than pouring billions into GPON (Gigabit Fibre). "Governments should be technology agnostic" they said as they redirected billions of taxpayer dollars into a dead end. A decade of bickering it finally goes past my house and I get 20Mbps.

So the rate they're going it'll probably be decades if ever before they get around to upgrading it. Anyways, point being that I have no context to complain about Nintendo's servers being slow. My complaints are directed elsewhere. Specifically this man in particular who also has a fondness for raw onions for some reason

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

electrolite77

@Grumblevolcano

I hope you’re right. I’m cautiously optimistic, I even think there’s a chance we’ll see the long-rumoured NSMBU before Christmas. But Nintendo are handling the physical publishing of a few of the games I listed (Dark Souls, TWEWY HD, Mon Hun) in the West which usually bumps such games into a Direct. I’d like to think there’s a couple more surprises to come but optimism is decreasing here.

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

JaxonH

@Tsurii

Victor Vran looks like an excellent game, and it's coming out way before Diablo III. Idk why more people aren't paying attention to it. The gameplay looks great from that stream.

And, best of all. It's only $39.99 which comes to $31.99 with Prime/GCU.

I think it's just the fact that there's no brand recognition with the game, so people just skip right over itlike it's another pixel indie or something.

And there's been no coverage in the news either. Maybe they ran a single article when it was announced but that's it.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@electrolite77 Although the release dates of Dark Souls Remastered and TWEWY have been revealed, there's still new info that can be shared at a Direct. The Network Test for Dark Souls Remastered and the extra story content for TWEWY. You've also got Diablo 3 apparently releasing in Fall 2018, time is running out for a release date reveal if it truly is releasing in Fall.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

Well Diablo 3 may follow the Dark Souls idea of release.

Where May is actually Summer and Summer is actually late October.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Grumblevolcano

The current Splatfest may be the final one before the paid online service goes live.

Next week's NA one is for that region:

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

Man, The Messenger is looking like another instant indie classic. Just watch the first 10 minutes. The dialogue in that shop is fantastic.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

bluemage1989

@Octane our internet recently went from 3mbs to 5mbs and it was heralded as a great leap. Not so much molasses as Dublin Pitch Drop.

bluemage1989

Therad

I've had fibre since 1999... The lowest was 10 Mbps. City net ftw.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

Illusion

And I whine about my 30-60mbps depending on the moment....guess I'm a spoiled baby.

Illusion

Azooooz

@Alikan Wow, and I'm waiting for Fiber to be activated here. 8mbps with DSL cable isn't lovely as it sometimes gets disconnection error.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

rallydefault

@Knuckles-Fajita
Yea, Blizz doesn't announce a date until they know that is absolutely the date. They take their sweet time UNTIL those announcements, though. That's been the case for the last 20ish years, at least.

rallydefault

Magician

The Diablo III announcement has checked a box off on a list of PS3/360 games I hope get ported to the Switch. With hundreds of games released on those platforms, it's tough to narrow the list down. But there are several I'd like to see that would make me exceedingly happy.

#1 Metal Gear Solid Collection - A portable version of Peacewalker with dual analog support would force me to insta-buy. #2 Borderlands Handsome Collection. #3 Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel trilogy. #4 Everything from Vanillaware (Dragon's Crown, Muramasa, etc). #5 BioShock The Collection.

It almost feels as though I want these games just to counterfeit the necessity to own a Vita, lol.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

bluemage1989

@Magician some solid choices there. I'd like to add to that list 1. Dragons Dogma 2. Lost Odyssey 3. Resident Evil 5+6 collection 4. Mass Effect Trilogy 5. Assassins Creed: Ezio Collection.

bluemage1989

GrailUK

@Magician @bluemage1989 Can I add Chronicles of Riddick and Vanquish please.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

FragRed

Apologies if this has already been discussed on here, but apparently there are going to be some new game announcements during the opening ceremony of Gamescom 2018. Apparently Ubisoft, THQ Nordiq and Deep Silver will all have something to reveal as world premiers. I am not getting my hopes up expecting all the reveals to come to the Switch but with the recent acquisition of Time Splitters, a remaster of the first three games would be something that I could see being announced and there would be no reason such a trilogy couldn't run on the Switch, even with upgraded textures etc.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

A lot of the PS3/360 games I'd want on Switch have already been deconfirmed (like any Tomb Raider games) or are originally from a different console (like Sonic Adventure 1+2, Castlevania SOTN).

Grumblevolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano I can understand people's desires for ports of last generation games onto the Switch but I can also see why publishers/developers are not interested. The likelihood of seeing enough of a return is probably not enough to justify whatever resources would be required, even if only small. Dreamcast games or games from that generation of consoles would be awesome to see come over though. They are old enough to be considered retro in my opinion.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic