Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 31,601 to 31,620 of 32,446

kobashi100

Wow just shapes & beats is amazing. One of the best games on switch no doubt

kobashi100

Joeynator3000

Okay I'm just going to ask, my left joycon has issues, am I better off getting it repaired? Or buying a new pair? Control stick is getting worse...I heard the price for getting a joycon repaired is the same as buying a new set, so...I'm not sure what to do.

Edited on by Joeynator3000

Joeynator3000

JaxonH

@Joeynator3000
Is it cutting out, or drifting or what? And is it still in warranty?

I would've sent it in the minute I noticed issues to get it fixed under warranty. But the only issues I've had with them are from the signal cutting out which was fixed when they updated the joy cons and I did a complete reboot of the system with them attached while in the dock.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Y'S VIII, Octopath Traveller, Shining Resonance Refrain, Captain Toad, Hollow Knight, Wolfenstein 2
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Dragon Age Origins, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Joeynator3000

JaxonH wrote:

@Joeynator3000
Is it cutting out, or drifting or what? And is it still in warranty?

I would've sent it in the minute I noticed issues to get it fixed under warranty. But the only issues I've had with them are from the signal cutting out which was fixed when they updated the joy cons and I did a complete reboot of the system with them attached while in the dock.

Well it's out of warranty, and the issue has only been recent...It's hard to explain, the left control stick is just having issues in general.

On the outside it seems perfectly normal and fine, but in-game, it lags/isn't as responsive, drifts, and all that. I've tried everything out there, so it seems like something was damaged on the inside. Not only that, it's getting worse, i'm even noticing the drifting affecting Monster Hunter now. And in Golf Story, it's near impossible to do precision shots because the control stick lags and messes up my shot. The right stick, it's perfect, no issues. lol

Anyways yeah I think something internal was damaged or something.

EDIT: It looks like I can just buy another left joycon from Nintendo's store, I may just do that instead of repairing/buying a new pair.

Edited on by Joeynator3000

Joeynator3000

JaxonH

@Joeynator3000
Ya, buying a left joycon is a good option.

But first, I would connect both Joycon to the Switch and place in the dock, then grab another controller to navigate-, go into settings > controllers and sensors > update controllers and update the Joycon. Then manually hold the power button and do a full power off with Joycon attached while inside the dock.

I know it makes no logical sense and sounds crazy but I have talked to half a dozen people whose joycon issues were fixed via this method, including myself.

If you don't have another controller to navigate with while the joycon are attached to the system while docked, you can still navigate via the joycon but you'll have to do it while they're attached and in the dock.

edit
Also, if that doesn't work, wireless interference from PS4 sleep mode causes issues for me. It could be that the left joycon isn't quite as sensitive as the right (early model left joycons had weaker signal), and thus is the only one being tangibly affected by interference. If you have a PS4 or any other console on or in sleep mode nearby, try powering it all the way off and see if the issue persists.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Y'S VIII, Octopath Traveller, Shining Resonance Refrain, Captain Toad, Hollow Knight, Wolfenstein 2
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Dragon Age Origins, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Joeynator3000

I dunno, I think something is just damaged. I don't have a PS4 or anything that would bother this.

Joeynator3000

kkslider5552000

Octane wrote:

I dunno.

I keep seeing everyone calling it ''anti-gamer practices'', but so are exclusive games, and everyone is fine with that concept. It's the same to me. Sony considers the online play an exclusive feature. Don't like it? Don't buy it. But the outrage is getting a bit ridiculous, especially after nobody batted an eye last gen when the situation was the exact opposite.

1. "People didn't care in the past so it's a bad thing to care now" is some impressive backwards logic.
2. All outrage on the internet, at least eventually, becomes ridiculous. This is nothing new, git gud at internets.
3. Go back to Ride of the Tomb Raider or even Bayonetta 2 the next time you pretend everyone is a-ok with exclusives. (I don't even care much, but lmao don't be a liar)
4. None of this changes that if crossplay becomes the new normal (and Fortnite + Minecraft is a great way for that to happen), Ps4 will consistently have inferior versions of multi-platform games (barring maybe if a game is more popular on PS4 than everywhere else combined, I guess.)

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Qwertyninty

Was it the ps4 and xboxone version of fifa that introduced clothing physics?

Qwertyninty

OorWullie

@kobashi100 Good to know,it's on my wishlist. Just bought Gunbird 2,Mario Tennis and Outlast 2 and with Lumines, Inside, Crash and Wolfenstein 2 coming next week Just Shapes & Beats will have to hold off for now.

Outlast 2 is the equivelant of £9.50 on the South African Eshop right now.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Octane

@kkslider5552000 Depends on how you define inferior I guess. It's all about the numbers. And PS4 has still more active users than Xbox One and Switch combined (as of now). The only reason MS wants this is because they want a share of the PS4 online userbase. With less than half the active users, it's a lot more difficult to keep servers alive. With Microsoft's focus on streaming and subscriptions, they don't really care about the amount of systems they sell, at least not in the long run. Heck, that's why they release their games on PC too, because they own Windows, it's all the same to them.

Well, Tomb Raider and Bayonetta were previously available on other consoles as well. However, Mario Kart being exclusive to Switch, and Horizon Zero Dawn being exclusive to PS4 didn't cause the same reaction.

Octane

Alber-san

@Joeynator3000
If you have a can of compressed air try using it. All you have to do is blow under the rubber circle that's just underneath the joy stick (wow this is hard to explain). If that doesn't work dip a cotton swab into alcohol and rub it in the same place where you had to use the compressed air.

Switch FC: SW-4227-6363-7321
Online games:
Rocket League, Splatoon 2, NBA Playgrounds, Fortnite

Favourite single player games:XC2, Skyrim, TLoZ: BotW

kobashi100

OorWullie wrote:

@kobashi100 Good to know,it's on my wishlist. Just bought Gunbird 2,Mario Tennis and Outlast 2 and with Lumines, Inside, Crash and Wolfenstein 2 coming next week Just Shapes & Beats will have to hold off for now.

Outlast 2 is the equivelant of £9.50 on the South African Eshop right now.

Feel your pain dude. The amount of games I buy on switch is staggering.

I just got blazblue tag and crash and Wolfenstein II will be bought next week if reviews say performance is all good.

And man that outlast 2 price is very tempting

kobashi100

darkfenrir

Isn't this whole thing is less about crossplay, and MORE ABOUT THE FACT THAT THE EPIC ACCOUNT CAN'T BE USED IN XBOX OR SWITCH ONCE USED IN PS4?

And iirc, there wasn't any talk of it being locked when you did it to PS4... so...

Why people are angry over it, and "why not just make new account", is because that's the whole Fortnite thing. You can continue on the same account in different place, like playing on iOS outside, then play on PC, then maybe play on Switch on bed. You can all do it on the same account, progress is shared, the cosmetic you got is shared, the cosmetic you BOUGHT is shared... The Gamepass is shared... all shared.

Then you tried your account on PS4 once, and... boom. You can't connect to Switch anymore, you can still connect to PC/mobile device however.

Note, the Epic account will also be locked on PS4 even if you use it on something else other than Fortnite (Something like using it for Paragon).

You also can't unlink the PS4 to your Epic account to make it work, it still won't work. So... yeah. That's why people are angry, because that's the whole point of the game, and then without warning Sony locked it to themselves. So rip your money.

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Therad

I wonder if Sony and/or epic isn't breaching gdpr on several accounts with this restriction. Specifically to the data portability clause. Definitely against the consent clause if it is as you say and they do not tell people upfront in clear text that it will be forever locked to the PS4.

Therad

darkfenrir

As far as I know, they don't say it. But I don't exactly verse in legalese, and most of what I know is from what I gathered from comments as well as articles, so... yeah.

I do wonder if they hide it somewhere in the EULAs?

darkfenrir

Therad

@darkfenrir the thing with gdpr is that it is not enough to hide stuff away in eulas anymore. Also, you need to actively give consent for them to use data, in clear text.

If someone logs in to PS4 and it locks down other platforms without you actively giving consent, that should be illegal if they do it to EU citizens.

It would be interesting to see if someone is challenging Sony and epic over this. It could be an important test case.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

darkfenrir

@Therad Ahhh, then I don't remember anyone saying that there's warning about it, only that once you tried to log in at Xbox or Switch, it suddenly said no longer able to.

Hopefully someone tries to make bigger fuss, but so far, the only thing I hear is kinda answer turns everyone's attention towards Cross-Play... when it was more about the account lockdown at the first place! -.-

I was confused on why the heck Sony was saying "we have 79 million users..." well no shizzle, but the problem is the account lockdown which Sony isn't answering!

darkfenrir

MisterPi

Sony is getting the PR lashing they deserve. Hope it forces them to open up eventually.

Edited on by MisterPi

MisterPi

Ryu_Niiyama

@Joeynator3000 I sent mine in a few months back. Issue came back and I'm out of warranty now. So I just bought a new set. Works fine for now.

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.
Please tag me before you sent a Friend Request. Thanks!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic