Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 31,601 to 31,620 of 41,643

EvilLucario

@Knuckles-Fajita Took me 43 hours to get the true ending. Should probably overall be like 50-60 hours for 100% completion.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Knuckles-Fajita

@EvilLucario 39 for me. I may have missed a quest for Licht though, and a couple of Fish need to be caught too. Outside of that the last things to do are various hunts, raids and the third super boss.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

OorWullie

@JaxonH Despite having never enjoyed a JRPG in the past I'm going to take a chance on Octopath. Its world is calling me to explore it. The demo didn't click with me but I'm not going to let that put me off. If I still can't get into it after buying it then I'll have to accept JRPG's just aren't for me. If it does though then that opens up a whole new genre for me and I can look forward to games like Shin Megami Tensai and the World Ends With You.

Just started my Hollow Knight adventure yesterday. What a game!

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

FragRed

@OorWullie I too never played a JRPG before but there was something about the game that made me want to really try it out and I am glad I did with the demo because after ordering the game, I am really getting into it, so hopefully it will click with you too when you start playing it properly.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

Knuckles-Fajita

Not too shocking.

Banner Saga is 3.4GB
Banner Saga 2 is 4.8GB
Banner Saga 3 is 5.8GB

That's a solid 14GB right there, and given most third party studios of large magnitude are allergic to 16GB cards, I don't expect any indie to go there.

Hell Capcom is allergic to cards entirely. (I couldn't resist the jab).

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Spoony_Tech

@Aozz101x Either way it still should be cheaper then buying all 3 separate on the shop so I'm getting it. Plus it will save some room even if only 4 gigs or so.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JaxonH

That's disappointing. I understand downloads for beyond 16gb, but I'm not ready to accept them beyond 8gb.

And if they are using an 8gb cart (which they have to be, otherwise it would all fit on a 16gb) that means only ONE GAME on the cart.

And that's just not gonna cut it. Sorry. Can scratch that one off my list. I dont have the space for this. I'll accept it for AAA games or classics I really love (Mega Man, which at least had the good games on cart and it wasn't a continuous trilogy) but not this.

I held off waiting for trilogy because the file sizes were so large. Then they lose my sale over $2 more for a 16gb cart. Which I get it, its $2 saved, but what good is that if no one wants to buy the dang thing

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy X, Dragon’s Dogma, Mortal Kombat XI, Darksiders, Cuphead, Hellblade, Trials Rising
X1: Trials Evolution
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
3DS/Wii U/PS4/PSVR//Vita/PC/Rift: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH Given the size of Banner Saga 1, I could see a 4GB cart being used. What's the point in having an 8GB cart if it's going to hold the exact same content as a 4GB cart just with more free space?

Think about the trick Capcom pulled for the Mega Man Legacy Collections (classic and X), they used the smallest possible cart that's enough to hold the smallest of the games.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@OorWullie
All it takes is one game to change everything, your total outlook.

I remember when I hated anything turn based or RPG. Seemed so dull and uneventful. I didn't understand the hook.

Then came Fire Emblem Awakening, which my bro really encouraged me to try the demo for. I liked it enough to order the game and give it a shot. And man was I hooked on that game. Used to daydream about at work.

I hope this game does it for you. I haven't gotten to the point I'm daydreaming about it yet, but I might. Gotta get past all their chapter 1's for now and kick the game into gear.

@Grumblevolcano
Ya, you're probably right. If it was 2 of the 3 games I would probably let it slide. Even if I dont like it But 1 game? No. I'll just skip it.

And it's not that I dont like digital. I'm almost to the point of preferring digital. Its just a space issue. I'm down to 120gb out of 544gb (512gb + 32gb). I Downloads must be reserved for the best of the best (Octopath got a download, Shining Resonance got a download, YS VIII and Captain Toad got a download) but these large file size indies have to come with physical. I just dont have space for this.

But ugh, I really want these games on Switch. Gosh dang it. I may just download all 3, screw their physical though. I dont wanna split the games between the two formats.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy X, Dragon’s Dogma, Mortal Kombat XI, Darksiders, Cuphead, Hellblade, Trials Rising

Jesus is Lord.

PikPi

I'm really tempted to get captain toad on the 3DS, but I don't want to forgo the Switch version for it. I'll pick it up once I have some spare cash, that game is a gem

PikPi

Lroy

MisterPi wrote:

I'm really tempted to get captain toad on the 3DS, but I don't want to forgo the Switch version for it. I'll pick it up once I have some spare cash, that game is a gem

I've done exactly that. Bought it for 3DS over Switch and don't regret it at all.

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

NEStalgia

@JaxonH Yeah I really never expected Switch would be the one to usher in PC-like "the physical is a box with a code inside"....seemed more like an XBox thing to start. It's weird, and I do agree with some. Nintendo ought to have set a policy to have a standard for the platform rather than giving publishers options to do what they please. It might have hindered some 3rd party adoption, but ultimately a company wants or doesn't want their game on Switch. Being told to fit it on the cart wouldn't stop them if they wanted to, and not having to sure isn't encouraging too many to join up.

NEStalgia

darkfenrir

@NEStalgia Doing that will definitely kill 3rd party even faster though, I feel.

Iirc it's the fact that Nintendo was so strict on the first place that caused 3rd party to slowly leave the platform? (Or is it because Nintendo's strictness was too weird?)

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

rallydefault

@JaxonH
I think that's a silly attitude. You're missing out on some truly great games. And if storage is really what you're worried about, obviously you'll save space buying the physical and having to add on a download rather than downloading all three.

rallydefault

NEStalgia

@darkfenrir It would make a dent, but I'm not sure it significantly would. Most 3rd party still doesn't care, and 3rd party that does care would pay the extra $0.90 per unit or go digital only (which is mostly the same thing.) Nintendo's old strictness was.....highly restrictive. They weren't allowed to publish more than a handful of games per year (EA is Nintendo policy compliant!) in addition to the quality checks, heavy fees charged, and cartridge mandates. Not the same league as "please put your product in the box before shipping, thank you."

NEStalgia

JaxonH

@rallydefault
You're telling me IM missing out on great games?

I buy more games than everyone on this forum page... combined

When I'm buying so many games I'm literally having to buy physical because I'm out of half a terabyte of space, along with 70+ physical releases, I am not the one missing out on great games. What do you want me to do- magically fabricate more space out of thin air? If I'm out of space I'm out of space! And I have the largest SD in the world offering me the absolute LIMIT of how many games can fit on the system.

Trust me when I say, you're missing 10x the good games I am.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

Therad

@JaxonH not disrespecting your collection, but quality and quantity are not the same thing.

Therad

link3710

Yeah, August looks fine. It's September that's looking rough for anyone who's not interested in Valkyria Chronicles 4. Or maybe 1 as well if that actually does release in the west... or has English available to download off the JP eshop. I don't even know what if anything else is releasing that month.

link3710

darkfenrir

Xenoblade 2's DLC should be September! I'm excited for that.

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic