Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 30,481 to 30,500 of 70,008

Haruki_NLI

Thing to remember with Ys VIII in Japan is its the 3rd release of that game there.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

EvilLucario

Do ports sell well compared to the original release? I remember Tropical Freeze sold well, but Hyrule Warriors didn't IIRC. No surprise Ys VIII on Switch isn't as good there though, I guess.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ralizah

It's a very late port (it originally released in 2016 in Japan, after all).
The portable version on Vita already sold pretty well there.
A Falcom JRPG hasn't released on a Nintendo system since... what, the SNES?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama Ahh interesting story. When I started looking I was like "Madcatz, lol can't believe they're still around", and then I started seeing it taken seriously. I mean the pads weren't just bad they were worse than average Chinese knockoffs.

Yeah, I really had to debate between PS4 and X1 as my "other" FG platform. PS4 has SF5 (otoh, do I need the "worse" SF in my life? ) but I figure Switch remains the "main" fighter platform to me due to portability, stick or no. And I don't need THREE sets of incompatible sticks. But PS4 ones generally do better on PC. X1 has some weird proprietary thing going on for sticks and nobody supports their drivers well in win10 (KI! Play Anywhere! Huh?) So I picked X1 as my lead "modern" FG platform as I'm trying to standardize on it. I'm in the same boat, I'm trying to really standardize my console use. Nintendo for "weird Nintendo, 3rd party weird, cool multiplat RPG and such" games. PS4 for the exclusives (of which current + legacy like KH & old FF there are many) and X1X for everything else. Only catch is Sony has so many sales X1X doesn't, so it kills me paying more or not buying when Sony has things I want on great sales.....but I wouldn't enjoy playing it......that controller.....that UI.....ugh. I love my Raiju to "help" but wired still sucks much of the time and the D-pad isn't really a D-pad. And Scuf...I still can't get myself to pay $200 for the same gross OEM sticks and a spotty reputation.

I don't know how Switch's Joycons manage to be superior controllers to DualShocks with half-height analog modules.....

The Atrox may not work reliably on PC should I ever try SFV on PC but the Switch HRAP would.

@Knuckles-Fajita Ooohhh, that explains it. I hadn't realized Ys VIII already released in Japan prior. I'd looked it up and it seemed like this was the first release everywhere. I knew Shining Resonsance would sell low because it's just an ancient PS3 game there that everyone already played, but I didn't realize Ys is the same. That makes sense then. New game (west) versus ancient slight remaster(JP). The same will happen with Tales of Vespyria then. 3rd release there, second release in NA.

Valkyria 3 is 100% new though so that may be different.

NEStalgia

Haruki_NLI

@NEStalgia Released previously on Vita and PS4 in 2016, in all regions.

Got released on PC earlier this year too.

But in the UK I had a hellish time finding even the PS4 version, let alone Switch.

EvilLucario

I'm down for more updates to Mario Kart. Personally for me, if it means we give up a Mario Kart 9 in exchange for more different games from the Mario Kart team like ARMS and instead just focus on the one Mario Kart, I'm all for it.

So add more courses and features to Mario Kart, make a completely different game, and I'll be 100% ok with that.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Harmonie

Seeing as they not only considered the Labo update an update, but are speaking in context of it, I don't think anyone should be getting their hopes up for actual content updates to Mario Kart 8. I could be wrong, of course, but I don't see any reason to get your hopes up from this.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

EvilLucario

@Harmonie Eh, I'll rather be optimistic personally, but I won't be surprised if we don't get some form of content updates.

I am expecting something, though, and that's exciting.

Ryu_Niiyama

octolings in MK8?

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Therad

Well they need to update mk8 to support their new paywall...

Therad

Grumblevolcano

@Harmonie Well given how poor the paid online lineup is, adding extra content to MK8 Deluxe would help sell the subscription.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TuVictus

@Harmonie That's the same vibe I was getting as well. Not expecting actual content updates, but kudos to them for at least still working on it, however small the updates end up being

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

rallydefault

Called it!

I'll take my parade whenever you guys are ready.

rallydefault

Ralizah

NEStalgia wrote:

Ooohhh, that explains it. I hadn't realized Ys VIII already released in Japan prior. I'd looked it up and it seemed like this was the first release everywhere. I knew Shining Resonsance would sell low because it's just an ancient PS3 game there that everyone already played, but I didn't realize Ys is the same. That makes sense then. New game (west) versus ancient slight remaster(JP). The same will happen with Tales of Vespyria then. 3rd release there, second release in NA.

Valkyria 3 is 100% new though so that may be different.

Well, Ys VIII released in 2016 in Japan, so it's not nearly as old as Shining Resonance. But considering the Vita version already sold fairly well in Japan, there was no incentive to pick up the Switch version.

Tales of Vesperia is fairly old, so this HD remaster could still sell well. It's probably a lot more popular than Shining Resonance will ever be.

As to Valkyria Chronicles 4, it already launched on PS4 in Japan in March, so it'll only be a simultaneous multi-platform launch overseas.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama btw, i just saw an article saying markman was the new fighting community and project consultant for razer, going back a few years...... So i think i made a good call. Razer is the new madcatz based on what you said (I've never been a razer fan specifically but i just realized i have 2 mice, a pad, 2 wired console controllers, and now a stick from them.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Ralizah scumbag Japan: gets all the games first. Buys For Honor instead.......

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia lol good to hear. Id stepped away from shoryken/evo for a bit to focus on other things. I heard he went somewhere else but didn’t know where. If he is behind razer, you are good to go. He and Mr. Wizard live and breathe fighting games.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama probably would insult them to know i want it for filthy casual story play mostly

NEStalgia

Haruki_NLI

A lovely Nintendo Direct rumour that says they will highlight a load of already released games, some as far back as last year, Doshin the Giant HD, Mortal Kombat X, Kingdom Hearts 3, Fallout 76, Final Fantasy VII, Funko Pops, Mario Kart DLC, New Super Mario World and for some reason a 3D remake of Mother 3.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic