Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 30,461 to 30,480 of 69,981

darkfenrir

@EvilLucario Oh wow, mine is only 1007 words and I thought it's long already (since around 2 pages at GDocs). My biggest complain is tbh... how the surroundings feel same-y, like okay, there's some nice places but the journey to that places all felt so same-y... o+<

darkfenrir

EvilLucario

@darkfenrir Honestly, my biggest complaint about the game is that it feels like an amalgamation of gameplay concepts from other games like Bayonetta's combat and Metroidvania progression, but those individual elements aren't as good as either game it takes from. Not an entirely bad thing since it's greater than the sum of its parts, but that's what I feel.

Again though, it kicks ass. Great game all around.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

darkfenrir

@EvilLucario Ah yeah, when you say it like that, I agree that it feels like a combination.

Agreed on that it's great game though, that ending really tugs my heartstrings about Dana :')

darkfenrir

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia nope only hori, madkatz and i used to build my own. Look up reviews on the quality of the pcb. After that you can mod it as you see fit.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

@JaxonH Ys VIII is a very late port in Japan, and the Falcom fanbase is very Sony-centric. The lack of Japanese sales for that one is no surprise. Hopefully Western enthusiasm for the Switch version generates enough sales to make future Switch release deals with NIS attractive to Falcom.

Assuming no shenanigans happen like with the Dark Souls remaster, it'll be interesting to see how Western sales pan out for Valkyria Chronicles 4.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Toy_Link

There’s now a cross roads ripoff in the coming soon section in the EShop. Can Nintendo just say no to these kinds of games?

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

FragRed

Is Nintendo's answer to getting more third party support to simply just shove as much indies on the eShop as possible, no matter how good or crap it is? Because if that is what they are going to be using as their way to promote the "third party support" line then it is pretty bad.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Octane

@FragRed If you want 30+ new indie games per week, there's going to be a lot of crap and shovelware.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

Looks like unless we're getting a Direct Mini today, my prediction of Direct before Octopath/Captain Toad is wrong.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Octane Is this 30+ games per week including or excluding the current huge lineup we get each week? Because as it is, there's too much crap but if it's on top of what is coming out then we really are going to have a lot more problems.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano I don't think we are going to get any new Directs any time too soon even though Nintendo said they have more games to announce. That is unless they do something in desperation to improve share prices.

EvilLucario

Capcom's shares have been dropping harshly too and they're announced some big games back at E3. Should we worry about Capcom too?

Both Nintendo and Capcom will be fine.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed We know very little about Switch's lineup after tomorrow's releases. Outside of MHGU, Super Mario Party, Pokemon, Smash and a few DLC/updates (Torna DLC for Xenoblade 2, 2nd wave of Dream Friends for Kirby Star Allies) everything else confirmed for 2018 has vague season release (e.g. "Summer"). So there's logic for a Direct soon even if there's not many new announcements.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Anti-Matter

@Grumblevolcano
We still waiting for some interesting Indie games such as :
1. 99Vidas
2. Catastronaut
3. My Time at Portia
4. Re:Legend
5. Penguin Wars

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Matthew010
Btw...
Go Vacation Switch will be 8.8 GB for Download size.
I mean, Wow.... 8.8 GB in Cartridge with Compressed file.
If Uncompressed, i bet it will be more than 24 GB.
The fact of 8.8 GB (Bigger than LEGO CITY Undercover), i expect the Makeover of Trees, Bushes, Plants 3D Rendering.
And the Textures of Mini Stairs on some places (Wii version was FLAT like a Sticker attached on Lean surface).

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

NEStalgia

@JaxonH Totally agreed with all you said on Ninendo and 3rd party. I don't see a "third party rise" in Nintendo's future, not because of lack of developer interest but lack of consumer interest. I'm not sure how to fix that. Lots of people are buying Switches....but they don't seem interested in a lot of those games. And oddly the West seems more interested in core Switch games than Japan does!

I really don't understand what we're seeing with Japan's numbers. Switch is far and away the #1 selling console there (not the biggest install base at 14 months in, but it's clear it's the dominant force moving forward.) Yet nobody buys Ys? Sure the game's base may be on PS, but PS isn't doing so amazing in Japan next to Switch/3DS. One would think based on Japanese portable preference Switch would be the lead system there.

OTOH, lets keep in mind it's an RPG on a portable in Japan.....how many people are buying that game digitally? We don't have the digital numbers yet. It may be doing much better than we assume. There's also weird sales of NIS games there. Disgaia5 bombed on PS4, and sold well on Switch.

Valkyria also belongs on the island of misfit toys. It was a big PS3 title. Then it went to obscurity on PSP. But it has handheld roots as a result with a really split fanbase.

Ultimately from Japanese sales I'm seeing western PS games becoming more popular than before, and Japanese games that release internationally being missing from charts entirely, while niche internal otaku & anime games seem to sell well. TBH I'm not sure what to make of Japanese charts anymore. It feels like "work simulations" are more popular than traditional genres. The taint of mobile I guess. But yet people are lining up for Switches to not play traditional games on.... It may be folly to try to correlate Japan's gaming with anyone else's at this point, when Japanese games almost consistently perform best in the West. I think sometimes "Nintendo gamers only buy Nintendo games" comes more from the Japanese market than the Western one. With Nintendo as a national icon, everyone wants to be part of Nintendo's games, and buys them, even if they don't care at all about other games, which makes Nintendo's global numbers look weird. In the West it seems more balanced, but since the hardware sales are so heavily tilted to Japan it makes numbers look weird.

@Ryu_Niiyama I'm taking a chance on a used Razer Atrox. They have apparently sketchy PC support in windows 10, but if I ever need to take it to PC I have my Switch HRAP. I see myself trying various fighters with Game Pass more than I'd care about SFV on PS4. The Atrox is all Sanwa, and the X1 HRAP still has the old Kuro buttons, so a downgrade from the Switch version, while the X1 version of the NOIR based Tekken stick has no lap rubber, and....I could not take myself seriously with the freaking jailbait harem as the cabinet art..... WTF were they thinking with that? It's Tekken, not DoA, I'm thinking Mishimas, not cat ears and jiggle And Madcatz...well... you know I always think of Madcatz as the Sega Genesis pad I had that was so cheap it wasn't worth the plastic case the buttons were housed in. When did they become premium before closing?

I also heard that on X1 it only works on supported games, but even on the Switch HRAP I've seen it not always work on all games. Not sure why theyr'e not just seen as DPads or thumbsticks.

I can't believe I actually bought another stick after half regretting the last one But...Tekken....And Virtua Fighter....and I just can not get into playing any fighter if it doesn't have a stick. The controller is the game. I'm not even a fighter enthusiast and I just can't do it. It's like playing T2 : The Terminator without a light gun.

Also, think about it, I now seriously want an RPG with an actual FG as the battle system. PXZ pretended, but I want it for real now. Thanks a lot!

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@JaxonH BTW, good to know about YsVIII.....I also have that in shrinkwrap along with shining res. But still have to get through XC2 first. And then there's Octopath.....sigh

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia So Markman of shoryuken.com was working at madkatz when they started the arcade stick line. Apparently he had a hand in the design specs. And he was pushing hard for feedback from the community. markman has like 300 arcade sticks. Dude knows his stuff. Anyway the TE series are sanwa parts and decently weighty (TE2 is lighter though) and the ps ones are ps3/ps4/pc (and I have a 360 one that is 360 and pc).PCBs are ok and weren't too hard to replace. Their pads are still crap though. Plus the stick business wasn't enough to save them. My local retro store just got a TE...I'm thinking about buying it just to have. (After I change out the buttons and artwork of course). I don't have an X1 stick as I got the ps4 first (cuz SFV) so all my fighting games are on that or the PC. Although If I get the X1X I may get or build a stick for and migrate back (I just want to play on one platform really....sigh).

Yeah you will know the bug will get you when you are building sticks. I was putting too much money into building when I could get a TE for cheaper. However now that my woodworking shop is back up I'm thinking about getting back into it.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Matthew010

@Anti-Matter I'm hoping the textures are redone, but if not then the developers just couldn't be bothered to do much file size compressing.

Matthew010

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic