Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 30,321 to 30,340 of 69,997

Octane

@Tsurii Well, that's how I grew up

Got kicked out of the door, wasn't allowed back in for the next few hours and we had to entertain ourselves outside. Good ol' times.

Octane

Fooligan

@Octane Wow grandpa! Do you remember hunting wooly mammoths too?

These pretzels are making me thirsty

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

Ralizah

@darkfenrir I think $29.99 would be an extremely competitive price point. It's generally the lowest you see retail Switch games debut at, and it would allow the game to stand out from the glut of JRPGs releasing this year.

With that said, I'd be fully willing to purchase it at $39.99, and don't really expect it to go for less.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

darkfenrir

@Ralizah Yeah... doubt it'll go to $40 since that's the usual "retail" look (I think the $30 tend to be the indies? correct me if I'm wrong here though).

I'll still happily purchase even if it's $60, but I understand not all is like me for this game xD

darkfenrir

EvilLucario

Well Mega Man 11 is $30, and Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (my go-to example for AA games lel) was also $30 when it launched too IIRC.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

Octane wrote:

@Tsurii Well, that's how I grew up

Got kicked out of the door, wasn't allowed back in for the next few hours and we had to entertain ourselves outside. Good ol' times.

I miss that. My nieces never go outside. It's weird.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

darkfenrir

I guess that makes it possible, although isn't Hellblade is like 'AAA' but indie kind of thing?

(Although the talent for it is like... it's not going to be helpful for most indies in general lol)

darkfenrir

Ralizah

Most modern parents I meet are terrified of letting their kids go outside. The 24-hour news cycle and the flourishing of digital entertainment technology in the home has pretty much killed organic outside play for most children.

It has increasingly been this way for the last few decades, though.

Edited on by Ralizah

Toy_Link

gcunit wrote:

Asterix & Obelix XXL2 is coming to Switch. I've never played these, and they look a bit repetitive, but bashing Centurions never gets boring, surely. Should I hype?

If this comes out before Smash will this be the first appearance of Mario with the F.L.U.U.D. on the Switch?
http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/628/628200/asterix-...

Edited on by Toy_Link

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

EvilLucario

Man, I've been a shut-in my entire life I barely go outside lol. I did bike to school back when I was younger, but now I just drive to university and just spend my time indoors either studying or playing games.

It's a healthy lifestyle, I swear.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@EvilLucario Switch was always destined to be an RPG behemoth. We could have told you that from the word "NX" It's not like it's going to be a sports, action, and multiplayer competitive arena behemoth

@Octane "Got kicked out of the door, wasn't allowed back in for the next few hours and we had to entertain ourselves outside. Good ol' times."

And Yamauchi said unto them "let there be handhelds", and lo, there were handhelds, and the children did celebrate with much Pokeball throwing and much tetrimino droping.

@Ryu_Niiyama I would have gone outside, but, see, my NES was inside, and sometimes life requires that you make hard choices. So the outdoors had to be offed. Thank goodness for the Game Boy.

@Fooligan Mammoths? Pft. Boy, in our day we didn't have conveniences like mammoths. There weren't any animals at all. We had to carve rocks out of glaciers and chew on them until the were tender. That's the good meat. And we liked it that way! You soft, lazy kids today what with your meat and grain based products. You don't even know what it's like to kill a rock with your bare hands!

@Ralizah You know, one one hand I hear that parents don't let their kids outside....and on the other hand I hear that parents are carting their kids from one outdoor sports practice to the next.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia Meh. I didn't become a shut in gamer till i went to the hospital. before that it was biking all day, building rickety ramps to ride said bikes off of and hope you don't rip your clothes so you don't have to explain that to mom, and then reading till i passed out on the front steps and my mom let me back in at night. Mostly gamed on saturday and that was it for a while.

Well outdoor sports isnt the same as just "what do you wanna do?" "I don't know..." "wanna try to ride our bikes off the roof of your house?" "sure!" (real convo between me and my cousin when I was 8...nobody got hurt...but I got caught hiking my bike up the ladder...and being the only girl in the group I got yelled at. Ah well.. we built a ramp the next week). The spontaneity of play seems to be gone.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

TuVictus

I know plenty of kids that go out to play. I think it's just a case of things seeming much different but overall I'm pretty sure there's still that childhood magic for kids that many of us had as well.

TuVictus

JaxonH

It seems fan demand for a localization (#MHXXForTheWest) was responsible for Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate coming to the west, or at the very least played a part in their decision.

Skip to 1:25 for Capcom's answer to why it took so long for the game to come over...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Octane

@NEStalgia Hah, that was literally all I did until a friend showed me Mario 64. I went from bootleg Mario games on PC and 2D black-and-white to full-on 3D graphics. Magical moment. Then the same thing happened with OOT!

But no, I didn't own a home console until the GameCube. My parents wouldn't let me, and that was the first thing I could buy when I had a job. I got the GameBoy from my grandparents though. Regardless, I still played a lot outside. Then we started skipping school and drinking during the daytime, that's where it all went down

Octane

JaxonH

@Octane
Did Octane have the LCD attached and carry his purple lunchbox by the handle to play everywhere he went (hehehe)

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

EvilLucario

Been mixing up Mario Tennis Aces with Ys VIII. Life's good.

JaxonH

Behold the next 150 days of Switch gaming goodness (not all titles showcased- Super Neptunia RPG, Yomawari, RPG Maker MV, Dead Cells, GO Vacation, etc etc etc not included- these are the simply the highlights of note)

Edited on by JaxonH

Ralizah

@JaxonH 12 games from that list that I'm actively interested in. Only ones I'm for sure playing on release are Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Okami HD, though. Maybe Smash. Maybe Octopath. I'm trying not to develop much of a backlog on the system, and I'm knee-deep in the Octo Expansion and Ys VIII at the moment.

The year started out slow, but it's really going out with a bang!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic