Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 30,301 to 30,320 of 69,995

JaxonH

@link3710
Yup! It was announced today along with RPG Maker MV and The Princess Guide (known as Four Princess Knights Training Story in Japan)

Keep in mind the original release of Caligula was mixed but harshly panned. So the team decided to remake the game instead of doing a sequel and they're adding twice as much content and re-writing the story and adding more side quests, revamping the user interface, etc, which a lot of that stuff or things people had complained about in the original.

This new version got a pretty decent score from Famitsu, so I'm hoping they have taking care of a lot of the issues people originally had with the game because it seems like a really awesome Persona type game.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

gcunit

Asterix & Obelix XXL2 is coming to Switch. I've never played these, and they look a bit repetitive, but bashing Centurions never gets boring, surely. Should I hype?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Anti-Matter

gcunit wrote:

Asterix & Obelix XXL2 is coming to Switch. I've never played these, and they look a bit repetitive, but bashing Centurions never gets boring, surely. Should I hype?

Huh ?!

Anti-Matter

Haruki_NLI

@JaxonH The hell did I mention Okami?

Anyway the reason I asked which version of Ys it was is because it had the kind of specular artifacting ckmmon on 3D PSP titles

Also where do you expect me to buy a Vita?

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

TWEWY is going to look embarrassing, with its $60 price tag, next to Okami HD, an HD remaster of an iconic title with touched up controls that is only going for a third of that price.

@JaxonH Given how mixed the reception to the original was, I'm definitely going to need some convincing on Caligula Effect. Hope it turns out well, though! I'd love to have a good Persona-esque game on Switch.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Haruki_NLI

Like seriously, anyone wanna tell me where I mentioned Okami?

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

darkfenrir

Still feels TWEWY might be $40 or 50 since the Japanese price isn't full price, but who knows?

darkfenrir

Ralizah

@Octane That's what retailers are listing the HD remaster of TWEWY on Switch at. I really hope it's just a placeholder price...

$29.99 would be the sweet point, I think, but I'd be willing to pay $39.99.

Okami is a long game, and the Switch port has had some decent work put into it, based on the differing control schemes for physical and handheld. $20 feels almost overly generous.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ryu_Niiyama

I'm still tripping over skullgirls. If i can get a vs game and some kind of soul calibur game (II HD please) I'm moth balling my ps4 for fighting games (the outliers I have on pc as well).

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

darkfenrir

@Ralizah Personally understand why you don't want it to be $60, but why is $30 the sweet point though?

It has all new graphics, and seems to have extra scenario (Which I still have no idea how long, BUT if it's a whole new week...), controls are various ways with normal touch, and motion at minimum? Then there's musics that they are revamping as well.

It gives a lot, and not merely just a HD upgrade.

darkfenrir

Octane

@Ralizah You can always wonder how much work that truly is. Probably a few guys adjusting some settings for a couple of days. You'd be surprised what a single programmer can achieve in a single day. A quick port, a game that was running on half a dozen systems already. I can see why it's still very profitable at $20.

I think most of us are sometimes conditioned into thinking that everything related to gaming has to be expensive because some companies charge way more than they need!

Octane

link3710

@darkfenrir The graphics aren't all new, they appear to be straight from Solo Remix. That said, the rest of your points are definitely true. If it does hit the $60 price point, the new scenario better be at least a full week. Which, everything is pointing to anyways (the teaser did say NEW 7 DAYS at the end of Solo Remix after all), but that's another third to the game. If that's the case, I'd definitely be okay with $50, and grumpily accept $60. It was totally worth $60 in it's original release in my opinion anyways. I think the japanese price is around $43 though, for what that's worth.

link3710

EvilLucario

Man, the Switch being a JRPG behemoth is all that I really need. RPGs and platformers are my two most favorite genres out there.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

darkfenrir

@link3710 Yeah, Japanese release is around JPY 5184 on Amazon, but there's another from Amazon as well that has it on JPY 4467

(can see it here: https://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?__mk_ja_JP=カタ�... first 2 entries)

Might be $50, but I would think it's likelier to be $40... but we'll see.

@Octane I personally thought gaming is one of the cheapest entertainment! In general you get around at least $2/hour, with some going up to $1/hour or even less.

darkfenrir

Octane

@darkfenrir A deck of cards is only a few bucks and it gives you countless hours of entertainment. Maybe you should switch hobbies

Octane

darkfenrir

@Octane Eh, proper deck of cards can go for thousands of dollars, depending on what you aim

darkfenrir

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic