Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 28,321 to 28,340 of 70,011

electrolite77

I take it I'm wildly out of step for hoping that both the Starfox Grand Prix and Ridge Racer 8 rumours are true then? 😋

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

Haruki_NLI

@OorWullie If you look at other news breaking this game is the result of two projects. One likely cancelled, and this.

Given the one likely cancelled was at least something more interesting if they had development troubles and given the studio pedigree and who they were hiring, yeah.

Plus, a Star Fox spin-off set to revitalise the franchise and renew interest by doing nothing that the series is known for! Sound familiar? It's called Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash, Metroid Prime: Federation Force, Paper Mario Colour Splash, Animal Crossing amiibo Festival and most of 2015/2016 actually.

This feels very much like a Wii U era Nintendo project. One where they have no idea what they are doing with any of their franchises and just says screw it.

Plus said rumours also note Retro, in addition to this likely canned project alongside Star Fox Grand Prix, were consulting on Nintendo Labo (Yes, really), DKC Tropical Freeze porting, and consulting on Metroid Prime Trilogy, which says a remaster of that is coming.

So yeah. A highly prestigious studio that made their name on tight, responsive deep atmospheric first person adventures and 2D well received platformers reviving DK and Metroid...made Labo, and a Star Fox racer.

Do you not see the point where they kinda dropped off?

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

IceClimbers

@Spoony_Tech Much like Mario + Rabbids last year.

@electrolite77 Nah, I want them both to be real too. Though it might be better for one of them to release in the first half/summer of next year.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

OorWullie

@Spoony_Tech I'm already in love,I'll be so disappointed if it turns out to not be true. Diddy Kong Racing is an all time favourite of mine and is a much requested title for a comeback by fans.As is F-Zero,even more so in fact. 2 birds with one stone and all that. Everyone loves the cast of Starfox and they deserve better than what they've got for the last 20 years. Making a new spin off also gives Retro a go at doing something other than reviving old IP.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Spoony_Tech

@OorWullie I loved Diddy Kong Racing as well. Even more so then Mario 64 at the time. It was ahead of it's time and surprised no one else used that formula. Still, this rumor threw everyone off and no one expected this. It needs time to sink in and that's why I think this was purposely leaked to an extent. Worked well for Mario + Rabbids last year.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

IceClimbers

@YummyHappyPills We have no idea what that other project was/is or if it was anything good. We have no reason to assume it was the imaginary "grand action/adventure" game that some were speculating. Given that it's likely canceled, I'd feel pretty confident that the Star Fox Grand Prix is higher quality.

Haruki_NLI

@IceClimbers I cant exactly pin why Im disappointed by this. I guess I'm just used to bigger and at least more ambitious things from Retro than...a spinoff.

OorWullie

YummyHappyPills wrote:

Do you not see the point where they kinda dropped off?

A remaster of Metroid Prime Trilogy you say? Well having something like that to go with a spiritual successor to both DKR and F-Zero as well as a possibly canned project while at the same time porting DKCTF and helping out with Labo tells me they've been very busy and are more productive than ever. So no I can't say I do see a point where they've dropped off. I may think differently once I see these games for myself but until then I'll use logic and go with the opinion that they will be incredible.

Time and time again Nintendo fans do this with new styles of games they bring. This is nothing like the Wii U era!

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Aozz101x

who knows, it could end up being as bad as Federation Force and Amiibo Festival. or it could be greatest thing to humankind like some of the other racing games.

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

OorWullie

@Spoony_Tech For sure it has but actually not myself ,I've got the kind of game I hoped for but possibly even better,if it's even true that is. I've said on here a few times that I'd love to see Retro revive DKR,or to perhaps even complete the canned Donkey Kong Racing. For them to be actually doing this,while mixing in some F-Zero and throwing in the cast of Starfox is the ultimate spin off, a dream game!

Please be true!

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Haruki_NLI

@OorWullie Im saying this is a very Wii U era Nintendo game to make. A weird spinoff that may or may not be great. Which...makes sense given when it likely started.

For the record Im not against the idea. The concept of Jak X style combat racing and open objective based arenas is mouthwatering especially at high speed.

But like with Mario + Rabbids this is one of those things that I need to see first before saying "X made it it must therefore be amazing".

And yes they have been very busy and news of HD Prime Trilogy makes sense if 4 isnt until 2019.

You know what I think it is? Its all the hirings. The Deus Ex composer, that writer. If they hadnt been public I wouldnt be sat here going "That's cool but...is that it?"

Thats my opinion as of now: "Thats cool. Need to see it first".

Can you really be mad at me for wanting to see the damn thing first before passing judgement?

Edited on by Haruki_NLI

Spoony_Tech

@Aozz101x Don't knock FF until you've tried it. Assuming you haven't it was a solid game just not Prime 4. Now take FF and announce it in the treehouse like last year and it would've been a whole different story and received well.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Aozz101x

@Spoony_Tech I'd tried blast ball. but there both completely different games. so im willing it give it a tried to see if i like it.
adds on whishlist. 👍

1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

OorWullie

@YummyHappyPills I understand where you're coming from. I just don't think there's any reason to doubt that what they've been working on will be anything but amazing. As a studio they've long earned our respect and trust and Nintendo will be well aware of how highly regarded they are by Nintendo fans and how much their next title is anticipated.This will be no half baked crossover of the like we've had in the recent past. Although I personally was optimistic about Mario & Rabbids turning out well from the start, the Rabbids past history gave me plenty of reason to think it might not be. Plus I was a little disappointed when DKCTF was first announced ,I also wanted something bigger so I can relate to the disappointment with this news. I soon came round to DKCTF though ,platformers are my favourite genre and I knew it would be superb,which it was. Just like Starfox Grand Prix will be.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Haruki_NLI

@OorWullie I'm not willing to say it will be superb. Any studio regardless of track record can make a dud.

Haruki_NLI

@DarthNocturnal It's not healthy to say "X studio has never made a dud, therefore this can do no wrong".

Remember that every studio is capable of a flop or less than desirable game. Yes they showed us they know what they are doing and have yet to make a truly bad game.

But that doesn't mean this is automatically good, you know?

veeflames

Eh, given Retro Studios’ track record, I think it’s pretty safe to say there’s little chance of them messing this one up. I think the idea of a Star Fox racing game itself sounds great and I definitely wouldn’t mind seeing some gameplay... that’s if the rumor is even true, anyway

Although, I did think Mario Kart 7 was decent at best. Not amazing, just decent. Mario Kart 8 blew the thing out of the water before it even had a chance lol.

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

IceClimbers

Would Prime Trilogy HD even come this year though?

Are they about to have Smash Bros, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, Pokemon, Star Fox Grand Prix, Metroid Prime Trilogy HD, and potentially even Ridge Racer 8 all release between August-December? Something's gotta give IMO, especially if MHGU is also considered to be one of the "big" games.

Aozz101x

eh, might just pick up Metroid Prime Collection on the Wii/Wii U or 1&2 on Gamecube and 3 on Wii instead of getting the collection on switch (if that rumor is true).

1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2

JaxonH

I haven't heard any rumor of Metroid Prime Collection coming to Switch.

Fan wishlists maybe, nothing more.

But my goodness if they did bring it I'd buy it a thousand times over. It could have regular analog controls like GC, but also motion as an option like the Trilogy, only reworked as an analog hybrid scheme like all other modern Nintendo games.

And to have them on the go? Shoot... come on with it

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic