Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 23,741 to 23,760 of 70,011

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano That kinda says a lot about Capcom as a whole that one game can see stock surge that much. Kinda sad in a way.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

MsJubilee

Guess they should'ave this MH World game years ago! Good for Capcom,somewhat happy for them.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Shellcore

@subpopz "This is where Switch could shine.....if they went beyond crossplay. If you play it on PC/Xbox, you can also access your account/character on Switch and take it on the go."

Was just about to write this. Would love to play on my PS4 then carry on with the Switch on long journeys etc... Wouldn't even need to be the full fat game as long as the stats and items synced between versions.

Grumblevolcano

If World becomes a long term success, I think Capcom would use whatever Sony special deals they had for it with future games which would completely block out crossplay/cross save.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano Their stock surged for the XX Switch announcement, too. They just have really volatile stock. Not that MHW doesn't offer a lot of potential earnings, even if it tanks long term it's massive brand awareness courtesy of Sony that from a financial perspective can only be good.

Just be warned, if it were to succeed, this is Capcom we're talking about. MH will become a microtransaction-lootbox-seasonpass riddled nightmare by the time World 2 comes out

NEStalgia

NaviAndMii

I read about a survey a while ago where they asked 3000 gamers what the main factors were when buying a console (results below)

Untitled

Personally, I'm not sure if it'd be in my 'top 3' reasons, but cross-network play would certainly be a factor that I'd be considering from now on when buying a console (eg. choosing between Xbox and PS4) ..exclusives are the main reason to buy a Nintendo console for me - but less of a factor with Xbox/PS4, personally ..price is a biggie too (ie. I doubt that MS will make the 'Kinect bundled' mistake again!) ..but I see cross-play as such a positive thing, that it'd be a pretty big negative for PlayStation if they didn't offer it going forward - I can't speak for other people, but if there isn't much difference between the 'Xbox Two' and 'PS5', cross-play could be the deciding factor to lean one way over the other - it'd be interesting to know where cross-play would feature as a factor in the chart above

(Sorry for the various edits - having an auto-correct nightmare today! **turns it off**)

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

The games library focus is much, much smaller than I thought it would be.

Welp my left joycon is tracking on its own...time to replace. sigh.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Octane

@subpopz There's cross-play between PC and PS4, and PC and XOne, and PC and Switch (I think). There's about two games that have cross-play between Switch and XOne. Even then I'm not sure the cross-play between XOne and PC always means Steam, because for the longest time they didn't allow cross-play with steam, only with PC games bought from the Xbox Live Store on PC.

Anyway, the thing is, once you allow cross-play, you can't go back. Microsoft won't lose anything from allowing it, because it not going to hurt any of their potential sales. In fact, it could actually boost sales if people are more inclined to play an Xbox if platforms didn't matter. So little Johnny can buy his Xbox, even though his friends all own a PS4. It's an easy way to play the 'good guys' in way. Meanwhile Sony is stuck between a rock and a hard place, because allowing it could mean less sales for them, but not allowing it means bad press. And every time people are buying a new console, chances are their friends own a PS4, and that could be an important factor in deciding between PS4 and Xbox One.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

It's rather sad that graphics is above games library in that survey but not exactly surprising.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SLIGEACH_EIRE

We've known about AeternoBlade for the past few days, though a lot of places haven't reported it. Could be why CORECELL have sent out the following Tweet.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

OorWullie

The cross-play in Rocket League works amazingly well and it's only going to get better in the coming months with the addition of cross party play and trading.It might not have been the first game to feature cross console play, that was Minecraft, but with its competitive multiplayer focus and variety of modes, it's certainly the most significant. It's one thing having cross play between console and PC but between rival consoles, it's a massive step forward for gaming.. Who would have thought Nintendo and Microsoft would be the ones showing the way forward while Sony look on from the outside. Both RL and Minecraft are in the top 5 highest selling games of all time and will be hugely popular for years to come so it's a risky move by Sony that could come back and bite them.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Atooi are bringing Soccer Slammers to the Nintendo Switch.

We have a new previously unannounced game that will be coming out in time for the World Cup! WHAT!? I know, right!! It is a fun side project that we've been kicking around for a while now (pun intended). It's an arcade soccer game, called Soccer Slammers. Taking inspiration from NBA Jam, Soccer Slammers is a 2-on-2 arcade soccer experience focused on fast, fun gameplay for Nintendo Switch.

We'll be bringing Soccer Slammers to GDC to show it off to anyone who's interested.

Untitled

https://joolswatsham.blogspot.ie/2018/01/whine-dine-with-wats...

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

clvr

Hey everyone, I finally got a Switch today and I’m sooooooooo happy! 😄
Holding it in my hands after months of sacrifices is an amazing feeling 😄
I think it was a bit of a bargain too, as I bought it used (it has less than 2 months, as it was originally bought at a GameStop on 02/12) along with a carrying case, screen protector, Zelda, Mario, MK8D and Skyrim for 450€! Not the cheapest you’ll ever find, but also a nice ~200€ off compared to buying everything new.
Not sure I’ll be sleeping tonight lol

Clover.

My Nintendo: clvr51 | Nintendo Network ID: clvr51

Haruki_NLI

Apparently there is speculation that Microsoft is about to make an acquisition of a company and some are saying, of all things, EA.

I don't think that'll ever happen.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Haruki_NLI

@Octane The other ones being thrown around are PUBG Corp, and Valve.

Yeah. One of these three is likely.

It's not the companies with more than one game.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

NaviAndMii

clvr wrote:

Hey everyone, I finally got a Switch today and I’m sooooooooo happy! 😄
Holding it in my hands after months of sacrifices is an amazing feeling 😄
I think it was a bit of a bargain too, as I bought it used (it has less than 2 months, as it was originally bought at a GameStop on 02/12) along with a carrying case, screen protector, Zelda, Mario, MK8D and Skyrim for 450€! Not the cheapest you’ll ever find, but also a nice ~200€ off compared to buying everything new.
Not sure I’ll be sleeping tonight lol

No, I'm not sure you will...I haven't slept in months! Welcome to the Switch club!

@YummyHappyPills Oooo! If it's PUBG, they might 'do a Minecraft' with it and put it on every imaginable platform (and several unimaginable ones just for good measure! ..PUBG 3DS, anyone? )

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

TuVictus

I think with Minecraft it was an easier choice, considering it had been released on pretty much everything by the time MS bought it. I imagine if they bought PUBG, they'd keep it PC/Xbox.

TuVictus

StuTwo

YummyHappyPills wrote:

Apparently there is speculation that Microsoft is about to make an acquisition of a company and some are saying, of all things, EA.

I don't think that'll ever happen.

Why not? It’s less shocking than Disney buying Fox (for instance) and would have a huge upside for Microsoft.

When you see what they’ve announced this past week with how Gamepass will work going forwards - it’s the Netflix model as near as it can be applied to gaming. To sustain that you need two things - a regular supply of quality new games (not necessarily all AAA) and an archive of well remembered old games. As Netflix already knows - licensing old films and TV is expensive and you can be locked out completely if a supplier like Disney decides to set up on their own (or buys one of your biggest suppliers of archival content).

Buying EA would give Microsoft a locked in archival library that’s vast and varied and it would give them some franchises that continue to be relevant.

I don’t necessarily see it happening but I could see the logic. Microsoft is finally making some big and uncharacteristically clever plays for the future. I’m not sure buying EA would be incredibly clever but it would be a big play.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

FragRed

EA are currently worth about $36 billion, so Microsoft would have to shell out a lot more than that if they were to make a reasonable offer. And of course as soon as one company makes an offer, in comes the rest also looking to make a bid. In fact, hasn't this been rumoured before - about 10 years ago? I know there was a rumour about Disney buying EA once but Microsoft I am sure also had a rumour going around about such a purchase many years back during th 360 era.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic