Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 22,841 to 22,860 of 70,008

DarkRula

I found it a good one. Date for Kirby, some interesting ports, that Mario Tennis looks as though it could be a swing and hit game, and a few other things.
Time to get on that Dragon Quest Builders demo, I think.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Azooooz

I thought they'll do direct next week, and boy I've never been more wrong than this one.

Anyway, decent direct. Surprised to see DKC: TF gets ported to Switch, and we learn more about Kirby, Star Allies. Remember, it's a MINI direct, so big games are saved for E3 this year.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Azooooz

@Octane Can you do me a favour and allow me to edit Arena of Valor thread?

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

GrailUK

Dark Souls is my 2018 Skyrim. Never played it and man, cannot wait to.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Ralizah

Man, we get a ton of major ports in a Nintendo Direct mini (including DARK SOULS), and people in certain corners of the internet are acting like the Direct sucked. Then again, people acted like the January Presentation last year sucked as well, and that blew me away.

Then everyone praised E3 while I... was somewhat underwhelmed by it.

I don't understanding the gaming community sometimes.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

canucksfan989

@Ralizah It's the internet people will always find something to complain about. I thought this was great and jam packed with a ton of game announcements yeah some we knew already either said by Nintendo or leaked. But i'm extremely excited for 2018 the only disappointment i have from the video is no mention of the online service i feel like they need to put out some info on that asap. Really looking forward playing DKC Tropical Freeze with Funky Kong and even Kirby if i just play solo then i'm probably gonna get Megaman 11 and Megaman X Collection depending on the prices.

canucksfan989

Ralizah

@canucksfan989 I guess this is what happens when everyone goes nuts expecting major first-party announcements in a Nintendo Direct.

Since it's a Direct Mini, I expect they'll have a full-fledged one in the next few months. Still, there were a surprising number of cool ports announced here.

Grumblevolcano

@Ralizah I'm not sure, either a full Direct in March or a Fire Emblem specific Direct within the next 2 months.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Farmboy74

Pushsqaure are reporting that Japan PS4 is getting the Dark Souls Trilogy this summer exclusively, don't know how that will affect the Switch getting the other two.

Farmboy74

MsJubilee

I'm reading a lot of people in the Nintendo community being disappointed in this direct,well i guess that's what you get for hyping this direct to high hell with expectations that will never be meet.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

JoyBoy

GrailUK wrote:

Dark Souls is my 2018 Skyrim. Never played it and man, cannot wait to.

I agree. This is one my most anticipated 3rd party games. Dark souls on the go sound to good to resist. Payday 2 might be fun as well with co-op and all. Kirby looks pretty great. Mario Tennis looks like back to form + new mode. Some interesting indie titles and lovely looking games like FE. Cool looking updates/DLC for existing games.

So far so good.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Ralizah

@Farmboy74 I imagine the only factor that will affect whether or not we get Souls 2 and 3 is how the original performs.

kobashi100

Farmboy74 wrote:

Pushsqaure are reporting that Japan PS4 is getting the Dark Souls Trilogy this summer exclusively, don't know how that will affect the Switch getting the other two.

It's the trilogy box set which is exclusive I think.

kobashi100

Grumblevolcano

Another thing to notice is Pokken DX disproves the theory some have had about Deluxe versions = no DLC which suggests MK8 Deluxe DLC is still possible.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

RR529

Yeah, there was nothing mindblowing, but there are a few things I'm looking forward to getting.

• Kirby is looking good as ever.
  • YS VIII is good from what I've heard (as a big JRPG fan, it was probably the highlight for me)
  • Hyrule Warriors DX is a suprise, and I've never played any version of it.
  • I'm also kinda interested in that SNK Heroines fighter, too.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Dogorilla

MsJubilee wrote:

I'm reading a lot of people in the Nintendo community being disappointed in this direct,well i guess that's what you get for hyping this direct to high hell with expectations that will never be meet.

Some people are literally always disappointed by every Direct, E3, etc, because they set their hopes too high and then get angry when it turns out Nintendo hasn't made a new F-Zero game, translated Mother 3, found a cure for cancer...

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

IceClimbers

Yeah I suspect we'll see a Nindies Showcase in early February and then a full sized Direct in late March/early April.

Really looking forward to Kirby Star Allies.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

NaviAndMii

Dogorilla wrote:

MsJubilee wrote:

Some people are literally always disappointed by every Direct, E3, etc, because they set their hopes too high and then get angry when it turns out Nintendo hasn't made a new F-Zero game, translated Mother 3, found a cure for cancer...

Agreed! We saw first/third party games with genres ranging from RPG's to platformers, fighters to shooters - targeting a whole range of ages - and some release dates, DLC news and highly regarded ports on top! ..all from a 'Mini' Direct clearly aiming to just be a little something just to kick the year off! ..hardly the tragedy some are making it out to be!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic