Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 22,841 to 22,860 of 24,747

Caldorosso-E

Good luck, @GuruofGreatness !

Faulty hardware? I don't think any Nintendo console I've owned came broken... hell, my N64 still plays Smash Bros. well.

Edited on by Caldorosso-E

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSAJ0l4OBHM
-Verified Cheese Aficionado and Abecedarian Author-

Spoony_Tech

Totally forgot with the help of a friend I fixed my own Wii. It wasn't too hard and worked fine after that. Had to replace the disc drive. Seems like only my Wii U was the only system I didn't have any problems with the past 10 years or so. I'm not talking normal wear and tear either.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

OorWullie

The only console I've ever had to send in for repair was the Wii. It wouldn't read Smash Bros. That was quite a common issue with that game with it being a dual layered disc. If I wasn't a smoker who at that time, smoked indoors then I likely wouldn't have had an issue.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6101-8403-1640

Nintendo Network ID: Ar_Tee_Es

FX102A

Only truly failed console was my original X360 Elite. My DS Lite also had a d-pad that had trouble registering diagonal and my GBA Micro has a slightly faulty button. My first Gamecube also was faulty out of the box but I blame GAME as I think it looked like it had been repackaged.

FX102A

Caldorosso-E

My best console so far has been the Switch. Little cosmetic blemishes, little trouble with the dock, good games, the whole nine yards, yatta yatta.

What I'd like to do see is some Monster Hunter, then we'll be set. It's only a matter of time.

JaxonH

@Caldorosso-E
In the meantime, I wholeheartedly recommend Monster Hunter XX.

After about 72 hours it feels like you're playing in English anyways. Tons of little tricks to help like premade item sets and armor sets, bringing both hot and cold drinks with on every hunt, and using tools to your advantage like the fully translated Kiranico database and Google Translate.

It's excellent. Joey and Zionich imported too. Think it was a first for all of us, and we all managed fine.

PLAYING
Switch: Xenoblade 2, Skyrim, Resident Evil Revelations 1/2
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro:
PSVR: Skyrim VR, DOOM VFR
Vita:
X1X: Wolfenstein 2
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

GuruOfGreatness

@Caldorosso-E

Thank you

All my consoles worked the day I got them, and they still work today (the ones I have left), including my NES.

But there's a first time for everything I guess, and the Switch was my first, and hopefully last that I'll ever have had trouble with

GuruOfGreatness

IceClimbers

Looking forward to Blossom Tales. It may be a clone of ALttP, but it looks like a well done clone, and one worth playing as a result.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Ralizah

@IceClimbers It looks cute, and it's a fair bit cheaper than something like Ittle Dew 2 if I want to get my traditional Zelda game fix.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Caldorosso-E

@JaxonH Pretty easy, huh? I'd import it if I had time/money, but I'm mostly playing Splatoon anyway!

By the time an english game comes around I'll be ready.

IceClimbers

Okay so Rocket League looks a lot better with the new patch.

Spoony_Tech

@IceClimbers like 720p better in handheld?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

IceClimbers

@Spoony_Tech Not quite, but the resolution is more consistent than before. Looks better overall.

Inertiacreep

@GuruOfGreatness what part of the dock is bent? It's hard to believe anything about it would start warping when you said it was fine before.

The first switch i bought, the connector in the dock was mounted crooked so the switch sat a little crooked in the dock. I exchanged that switch for a new one.

Inertiacreep

GuruOfGreatness

@Inertiacreep

I don't know if it is the Dock that is bent. It could be the actual Switch as that does seem to have curved quite a bit since I got it in April. And I put a ruler against it and it is not fully flush/straight.

I really don't know.

All I do know is how it used to slide in the Dock 48 hours ago, and how it started to slide in as of yesterday morning, requiring a great deal of force to push it in place.

I've heard about overheating in docked mode, and the only thing I can think of is that I have been able to play a lot more in docked mode the last 5 weeks than I ever have done before.

GuruOfGreatness

kkslider5552000

IceClimbers wrote:

Looking forward to Blossom Tales. It may be a clone of ALttP, but it looks like a well done clone, and one worth playing as a result.

ooh, a game I've legit played!

So this game was playable PAX East earlier this year, and of course I gravitated towards playing the retro looking Zelda-like. It was a decently fun 10 or so minutes going through a fairly basic dungeon. It also has a genuinely cute and clever little narrative idea that immediately makes it stand out. And a bit of research shows my concerns about randomly generated areas and lower FPS from the demo aren't issues for the released game on Steam. So that's good (there's no excuse for a game that looks like this to not run well).

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

antster1983

Hello Neighbor from tinyBUILD has been rated by PEGI 7 for Switch. Released recently on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

http://www.pegi.info/en/index/global_id/505/?searchString=&am...

FruitFall Crush from System 3 listed on Nintendo UK's website for release on 21st December.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-sof...

Edited on by antster1983

antster1983

Switch Friend Code: SW-7169-0993-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: antster1983 | Twitter:

rallydefault

I had a launch 360 and it chugged along for a good 4ish years - lasted me pretty much all of college. It did eventually get the RROD, though. Had to buy a new one.

rallydefault

Eagle9

How that SteamWorld Heist Ultimate Edition differs from SWH with DLC.

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic