Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 22,821 to 22,840 of 69,988

SLIGEACH_EIRE

@-Green- Ya but Nintendo fed it yesterday until it was literally a bloated explosion waiting to happen and instead it deflated today like a whoopee cushion.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

darkfenrir

Wew, no one excited for a new scenario for The World Ends With You? :[ Sad.

I do hope it'll have physical release since they said it's Final Remix... but who knows with Squeenix.

darkfenrir

Grumblevolcano

Given Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition, I'm more convinced that a Smash 4 port would have all the Wii U and 3DS content.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@darkfenrir It was one of my top wishes for the year after Square Enix said they were bringing their mid-tier IPs! I'm so excited!

link3710

-Green-

@SLIGEACH_EIRE Which was expected tbh. Regardless of the actual direct (which based on impressions I've seen, is average for a Mini), you can't please everyone especially when they're hyped.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Late

@darkfenrir I am. I'm glad the trailer showed the girl from the mobile port's (Solo Remix) secret ending. I knew of her even though I haven't played the mobile version. I have the superior DS version after all. I like the name the fanbase gave the mystery character, though. She's known as Hype-Chan.

I wonder if this is Nintendo's new approach for Directs in general. Maybe we'll get shorter videos but more often? I'd take one of those every month.

Edited on by Late

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

darkfenrir

@Late Oooo I never knew she's from the secret ending! Curioser and curioser. And same, never played mobile version, but now I'll just wait for Switch version... Final Remix, after all!

[And Hype-chan seems to be appropriate! ]

darkfenrir

Harmonie

Am I the only one who was a little put off with the way they handled announcing Dark Souls?

I don't know the series, I don't know how big of a deal it is to be released on the Switch. However, that's kind of aside from the point, IMO. They hyped up that announcement big time and introduced the trailer saying "Nintendo fans..." In addition to being the last announcement, I really felt like that should have been a Nintendo title they announced there.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

SuperLuigiTime

Considering this ended up being a mini direct, expectations probably should have been tempered to begin with. However, I'm pretty sure there will be another longer direct this Spring because I seriously doubt this is all they will have (1st and 3rd party) for the first half of 2018. Nintendo clearly likes this strategy of announcing games/dlc on very short notice. Personally, I thought the mini direct was good, not great, but good. I'm interested in DK:TF, Hyrule Warriors, Kirby, DQ Builders, Mario Tennis Aces, DK DLC for Mario + Rabbids, everything else I'm on the fence, and the Super Mario Odyssey free dlc doesn't do anything for me.

SuperLuigiTime

Switch Friend Code: SW-2814-0794-4500 | 3DS Friend Code: 0619-6949-4255 | Nintendo Network ID: tavorestye92

KirbyTheVampire

@YummyHappyPills That's true, and I agree. I'm just saying that, at least for me, I hope they have some heavy hitters to counter-balance this relatively meh start to the year.

Also, where was Animal Crossing? That's a game that should be releasing soon. The AC series needs to come out early in the life-cycle, and the Switch isn't gonna be the main Nintendo console forever.

@Harmonie I agree that it should have been a Nintendo title, but the first half of 2018 is looking pretty sparse when it comes to big, exciting games. I guess they just didn't really have much of anything to show for this time-frame, unless they'll show more first half games in another Direct or something.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

-Green-

How did 2017's release schedule look for big monthly Ninty games? The big ones were BotW and Zelda (and Xenoblade if you're into that). I think what most people wanted was that one big Ninty game. An Animal Crossing or even a Fire Emblem.

Haruki_NLI

@-Green- We know Fire Emblem is coming dude. They confirmed it for 2018 in February 2017

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Harmonie

@KirbyTheVampire I have no idea where Animal Crossing is. It has been over five years since the last main title released. It's not really unreasonable to expect one by now, especially since the series has been so successful as to see spin-offs.

I just don't think that Nintendo values Directs much anymore. Post-Iwata, Directs have become rather lackluster. Animal Crossing will hopefully show up at E3... In another 5 months. sigh That's a long time for my Switch to gather dust. Lol. And that's only until an exciting announcement, not release...

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

-Green-

@YummyHappyPills I know, I meant that people wanted something like that to be shown in the Direct.

NaviAndMii

@-Green-

Breath of the Wild (also on WiiU)
1-2-Switch (poorly received)
Mario Kart 8 (WiiU port)
ARMS (not to everyone's tastes)
Splatoon 2 (relatively 'bare bones' at launch)

As someone who didn't own a WiiU, that was enough to really get me excited - new Zelda, my first 'HD' Mario Kart, finally got my hands on a Splatoon game - awesome! ..but I think that things really started to crank up a notch around E3 time where Nintendo really stole the show (IMO) - and I expect that they'll have a similar plan for this year

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@-Green- 2017 was:
March - BotW, 1-2-Switch
April - MK8 Deluxe
May - 3rd party month (e.g. SFII)
June - ARMS
July - Splatoon 2
August - Mario + Rabbids
September - Pokken DX
October - FE Warriors, Mario Odyssey
November - 3rd party month (e.g. Skyrim, DOOM)
December - Xenoblade 2

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

KirbyTheVampire

@Harmonie Mine seems like it'll be collecting dust as well, unless I can be convinced by games like Tropical Freeze and The World Ends With You, the latter I know nothing about.

I'm pretty hopeful for E3. I just hope there's at least a couple games revealed there for 2018 that I actually want to buy, like Animal Crossing or Smash or something. If not, there's always the PS4, which is looking a heck of a lot more interesting to me than the Switch is right now when it comes to 2018 games. There are several games there that I want to buy this year, especially since I didn't get a whole lot of 2017 games for that system and I want several from that year as well, but right now, there's nothing for the Switch. Just a few "maybes".

KirbyTheVampire

Late

I'm sure we're getting even more games in Q1 and Q2 that we don't know about yet. For example, Doom's announcement came 2 months before its release and Fire Emblem: Echoes had 4 months in-between. I'm personally not worried in slightest. They showed pretty much as many new games as they do normally, they just left out all the new trailers and explanations of games we've seen millions of times to make it shorter. They didn't even show 3DS at all even thought there are still games coming for it.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Grumblevolcano

Another thing Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition existing gives hope for is a Woolly World port. It likely wouldn't be 2018 because of the new Yoshi game but maybe 2019?

Grumblevolcano

Pazzo-TheFool

Niiice. TWEWY, Kirby, DKC, SMO, and Dark Souls.

Looks like I know where my budget's going.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic