Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 21,901 to 21,920 of 22,260

NaviAndMii

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@IceClimbers Yeah, PUBG is for certain going to win.

Playing fast and loose with the word 'certain' there..

๐ŸŽฎ SNES ๐ŸŽฎ N64 ๐ŸŽฎ GB ๐ŸŽฎ GG ๐ŸŽฎ PC ๐ŸŽฎ PS2 ๐ŸŽฎ GC ๐ŸŽฎ PSP ๐ŸŽฎ Wii ๐ŸŽฎ X360 ๐ŸŽฎ PS4 ๐ŸŽฎ MDC ๐ŸŽฎ Switch ๐ŸŽฎ

Currently Playing (Online):

PS4: GT Sport (DR: D, SR: S)

Switch: Mario Kart 8 DX (R: 8500, B: 2000) | Splatoon 2 (Lvl: 46, RM: A-, SZ: B+, TC: A)

Switch Nickname: TomCatโ˜…

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | My Nintendo: NaviAndMii

-Green-

I have never even heard of these trending gamers on their list. Maybe I should keep a better eye out there.

A good chunk of Mayro on there. Zeld too. Surprisingly it's nominated for best soundtrack too.

Unsurprisingly all the best handheld section is occupied by Ninty games.

Oh and ARMS is nominated for best fighting game. My sweet summer child.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

IceClimbers

There's actually separate "Best mobile game" and "Best handheld game" categories. Super Mario Run and FE Heroes are nominated for best mobile game.

Hot take cannon time: Zelda BotW got a reputation nomination for Best Score/Music. The few tracks that are there are great, but I wouldn't nominate it for that category.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

IceClimbers

Also, here's something that BLP would find interesting:

There's no Best Shooter category this year!

DiscoGentleman

@IceClimbers shame. Splatoon 2 could win it again and make all the "core gamers" mad.
I guess I'll have to drink regressive tears from some other group of people for now.

Dance | with | the | Disco.
Nintendo Switch Friend Code:
SW-6154-3556-8607

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3638-7349 | Nintendo Network ID: DiscoGentleman

Ralizah

BotW's music is actually really good, but I definitely wouldn't vote for it over Mario Odyssey or Persona 5 in that category.

Really, it'll be a travesty if Persona 5 doesn't win the music category.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

gcunit

Played three of those nominees. Zelda easily gets my vote, although admittedly I've not played much of the other two.

Re. RiME - that game always had a look about it to me that my intuition told me to not to get too interested. I liked what it appeared to be aspiring to be, but the limited footage they were showing gave me the impression it was going to be style over substance. There were one or two others teased around the same time, iirc, which also smelly rather fishy, and they've bit surfaces. Always trust your nose.

Edited on by gcunit

I've just held an Ignored Users amnesty on my account. 20+ users are back in the game with an extra life - make it count :)

Currently playing: Rocket League - Chess Ultra - Super Mario Odyssey - FIFA 18

SW-3124-5612-5724

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted.

-Green-

Pretty big change up from last year where Ninty wasn't as prevalent in the thing.

Bragging rights I guess.

Tsurii

Botw has some of the best music in the series, the big issue is you don't get to hear 90% of it more than once and the bulk of the tracks are, like, a minute long, making the stuff ingame feel less memorable as a whole. The music is brilliant, but I can't blame the people who were somewhat disappointed by it, if you're not the kind of person who sits down to listen to 4 hours of videogame music lol

Edited on by Tsurii

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Octane

@IceClimbers Probably cause there are none

I'm sure there's a new lootbox category though.

Octane

-Green-

Next year should have a category for Best Game at Monetizing its Players.

NaviAndMii

Octane wrote:

I'm sure there's a new lootbox category though

Now that WOULD be a hotly contested award!

๐ŸŽฎ SNES ๐ŸŽฎ N64 ๐ŸŽฎ GB ๐ŸŽฎ GG ๐ŸŽฎ PC ๐ŸŽฎ PS2 ๐ŸŽฎ GC ๐ŸŽฎ PSP ๐ŸŽฎ Wii ๐ŸŽฎ X360 ๐ŸŽฎ PS4 ๐ŸŽฎ MDC ๐ŸŽฎ Switch ๐ŸŽฎ

Currently Playing (Online):

PS4: GT Sport (DR: D, SR: S)

Switch: Mario Kart 8 DX (R: 8500, B: 2000) | Splatoon 2 (Lvl: 46, RM: A-, SZ: B+, TC: A)

Switch Nickname: TomCatโ˜…

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | My Nintendo: NaviAndMii

IceClimbers

@Octane There's a "Best Ongoing Game" category. Basically an award for GaaS, so close enough

IceClimbers

@YummyHappyPills Well, there would have been 5 different shooters eligible (CoD WWII, Destiny 2, Splatoon 2, Ghost Recon Wildlands, PUBG) if they wanted that category, so they definitely could have done it.

Caldorosso-E

I would vote for Zelda in best music. Not many games use sound and music in such an organic way. Kass' theme serves as a guide to find him, all the village themes are memorable, and the adaptive soundtrack to your actions sell Hyrule as more real.

I'll never forget the smile and tear in my eye when I first arrived in the Rito Village and heard the theme there.

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSAJ0l4OBHM
-Verified Cheese Aficionado and Abecedarian Author-

JaxonH

Um, Wolfenstein 2, one of the best shooters of the modern era.

The game we're getting on Switch. Seems people greatly undervalued how good DOOM and Wolfenstein are.

PLAYING
Switch: Skyrim, LA Noire, DOOM, Rocket League
3DS: Metroid Samus Returns
PS4:
PSVR: Skyrim VR
Vita:
X1:
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

GrailUK

A game that sold more copies than actual consoles has to win GotY. Surely!

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Caldorosso-E

If BoTW doesn't pick up GoTY, it'll give Cuphead a run for its money. (Also fantastic)

This is Nintendo's ceremony to win. Two of the highest rated games of all time in the same year.

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSAJ0l4OBHM
-Verified Cheese Aficionado and Abecedarian Author-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic