Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 21,901 to 21,920 of 26,391

Grumblevolcano

So it's looking like Skyrim Switch may actually be the definitive version of Skyrim despite no mods and that's not even counting the ability to play on the go. Reviews are coming in suggesting it's the most stable version (framerate and lack of bugs).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarthNocturnal

@Grumblevolcano

That's good to hear. As long as the Fortify Restoration exploit isn't fixed (in case I feel like becoming a demigod), everything else is welcome.

....well, maybe the “free houses“ exploit.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8422-1116

JaxonH

And LA Noire is the definitive version, basically has full parity with base X1/PS4 versions. Same 1080p, full 720p handheld, only with motion support, HD Rumble, touch support, new over shoulder views, and completely portable at that.

And the PS4/X1 versions are apparently 4gb on disc with 13-14gb downloads. At least, that's what my guy told me, which I assume he's not making it up out of thin air.

NOW PLAYING
Switch: Bayonetta 2, DOOM, DQ Builders
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro: MH World, Shadow of the Colossus
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X: Wolfenstein 2
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

OorWullie

@Grumblevolcano @JaxonH Brilliant stuff! Now we just need the big gaming websites to make that clear in their reviews. They won't of course,can't have the masses knowing that the little ol'Switch is host to the definitive versions of these blockbuster games.

Switch Profile name - Mr Mustard

The Nintendolife Leaderboards

Switch Friend Code: SW-6101-8403-1640

Spoony_Tech

@Grumblevolcano What reviews? Links or you got nothing lol.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
New 3DS:
PSVR:
Vita:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

Spoony_Tech

@JaxonH That review reads like a 9 or 10 but I'm glad they enjoyed it.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Spoony_Tech

It's a killer port of Skyrim. Clearly superior to the PS3/360 versions, not quite up to scratch with PS4/X1... but still has the better lighting and all that jazz. Sits comfortably somewhere in the middle but with all the niceties of the special edition upgrade.

And portable. It's becoming just a tack on word... easily cast aside... but portability basically means 3 versions for one price tag. Console. Handheld. Portable console. Gotta love the Switch

NOW PLAYING
New 3DS:
PSVR:
Vita:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

Therad

gasp you mean that a piece of hardware that is newer can use the same shaders and more advanced tech despite being less powerful?

This is what some of us have been trying to tell. The architecture of the switch is fully capable of running everything that is on rivals/PC, but might need a downgrade in certain visuals (i.e lower textures/models).

The code and function set can work with minimal work.

Therad

Zuljaras

@JaxonH But it is confirmed that the Switch version of Skyrim is the Special edition?

Zuljaras

IceClimbers

On another note, I'm 100% certain that there will be a trailer for the Champion's Ballad DLC at the Game Awards, with an "available right now" release.

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Masurao

@Grumblevolcano @JaxonH According to that review, Skyrim Switch indeed looks like the best version. Less shiny graphics without bugs wins over shiny graphics with a bunch of bugs anytime.

Masurao

Spoony_Tech

@IceClimbers That would be cool especially right after they win GotY. Fingers crossed!

MERG said:

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

electrolite77

Is it just me that is far more interested in high quality or even souped-up ports from PS360 than compromised current Gen ports?

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Buizel

electrolite77 wrote:

Is it just me that is far more interested in high quality or even souped-up ports from PS360 than compromised current Gen ports?

I'm the same. There are so many titles from last gen that I've not yet got around to, which would be perfect to take on the go. How about a portable Mass Effect trilogy, for instance?

I'd also love to see some of the 6th gen games that got HD rereleases last gen - Space Channel 5 part 2, Resident Evil 4, Jet Set Radio, Kingdom Hearts, Beyond Good and Evil...

Edited on by Buizel

Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Switch), Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory (PS Vita), Dragon Age Inquisition (PC), Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (3DS), Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii), Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy (PS4).

JaxonH

@Zuljaras
Yes. 100% confirmed by Bethesda.

It is the special edition. But even if Bethesda hadn't confirmed it, people deduced it from screenshot comparisons to be 99% sure

NOW PLAYING
New 3DS:
PSVR:
Vita:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

electrolite77

Buizel wrote:

electrolite77 wrote:

I'm the same. There are so many titles from last gen that I've not yet got around to, which would be perfect to take on the go. How about a portable Mass Effect trilogy, for instance?

I'd also love to see some of the 6th gen games that got HD rereleases last gen - Space Channel 5 part 2, Resident Evil 4, Jet Set Radio, Kingdom Hearts, Beyond Good and Evil...

Yes all of them please. Mass Effect Trilogy would be great. I'd like to see GTA IV and V, Sleeping Dogs, the Souls games, the Arkham games, the Orange Box, SSX and some decent racers.

Late

A random thought I just had today. We know Crypt of the Necrodancer is coming to the Switch. We got GameCube adapter support for Switch couple of weeks ago. You can actually play the game with a DDR dance pad.

I programmed a simple tool that copies all Switch screenshots from an SD card and places them to folders according to the game:
Link

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

electrolite77

£50 UK Eshop cards for £44 with Zeek and code READY30

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic