Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 17,661 to 17,680 of 31,656

IceClimbers

@UmniKnight Just commenting on a trend I noticed.

I think the upcoming third party games will do better than we think. Hell, FIFA 18 might be the best selling Switch game for September despite Pokken DX being positioned as the big game of the month.

As for the season pass for Mario + Rabbids, it has an identical structure to the Zelda season pass. Even the same $20 price. I'm totally okay with it if it extends the value of the game

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

MFD

@IceClimbers FIFA is undeniably large, but I do hope games such as One Piece, and moreso Xenoverse 2 don't get swept under the rug.

MFD

IceClimbers

@UmniKnight One Piece is a rather niche sell, though it should do decently. Xenoverse 2... I really hope it does well. I'm planning on buying it at least.

Reginald

Considering that Xenoverse launches on the same day as Pokken DX (at least in North America), it is most definitely going to get overshadowed by it.

But it doesn't so much matter to me. Xenoverse 2 is a little more appealing since it's not a wholly fighting game, and I intend to get that.

Reginald

Grumblevolcano

People will calm down eventually regarding the Mario + Rabbids season pass, the same thing happened with BotW. It's the timing that annoys Nintendo fans, to them any extra content should only be announced post-launch.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@NaviAndMii Jackbox games can't be played using JoyCons. All players need separate screens and a way to input text. Preferably a touch screen too.

Octane

MFD

@Reginald Agreed, I'll be getting myself XV2 and not Pokken as well. If only because XV2 offers online co-op, which is great.

MFD

NaviAndMii

@Octane Yeah, that's what I said - "yet we have the Jackbox games that ignore the Joy-Con altogether and instead use Smart Devices etc as controllers" (#17675)

I dunno, I was just trying to think of an example of something that would probably be possible on the Switch hardware, but hasn't been done yet (keyboard and mouse) - and trying to think of another example that would suggest that Nintendo probably would be open to the idea (Jackbox - smart devices etc instead of Joy-Con) ..not the best example - don't think its very likely that we'll get any keyboard & mouse games any time soon - but it was the best I could muster!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Events | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

This year in gaming is pretty much "Anytime, anywhere, with anyone" vs. "The world's most powerful console" vs. "Greatness awaits".

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

Honestly I haven't seen much hype for Pokken, or at least in comparison to the other "big games". Mario + Rabbids, FE Warriors, and Xenoblade 2 appear to have more hype.

Both Pokken and Xenoverse 2 are Namco games, so they still get paid either way lol.

For me I'm getting Xenoverse 2 over Pokken. I'll probably still get Pokken eventually though.

Knuckles-Fajita

@Grumblevolcano Are we still awaiting that greatness?

Sign up for the NL Inklings Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Tournament on June 23rd: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

MFD

Consoles aside, the games make them wanting to play, being able to play them anywhere is a bonus in the face of that. Nintendo's got a good solid plan going in that regard, and if they get the third-parties on-board, well, we'll see some interesting developments I'd reckon.

MFD

MFD

@BLP_Software I'm guessing that's Sony's slogan? Wasn't that "For the Players?"

MFD

IceClimbers

@BLP_Software Depends on who you ask. I'd personally say no, greatness has been here for a while.

Knuckles-Fajita

@UmniKnight Thry had two. For the Players was a dig at Microsoft as Sony was so Pro consumer. Look how that turned out.

Sign up for the NL Inklings Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Tournament on June 23rd: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

MFD

@BLP_Software I'm not aware of Sony's practices, other than rumours behind a DQ deal, which apparently is false as DQ is simply not on Switch yet due to technical implications, and the one behind a supposed MH deal that excludes the Switch, but that too can be rationalized with "Started in 2013, when the Switch was still the mysterious NX" which can then be followed-up with dev-kits, Switch not enough technical prowess, yada-yada.

MFD

Ralizah

UmniKnight wrote:

@BLP_Software I'm not aware of Sony's practices, other than rumours behind a DQ deal, which apparently is false as DQ is simply not on Switch yet due to technical implications

Do say more. I didn't know you had insider knowledge regarding DQXI.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic