Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 15,861 to 15,880 of 69,954

TuVictus

I don't think the splat fest demo is available anymore, since the full game has been released. Though maybe in the future they'll do a similar demo for those who wanna try it out.

TuVictus

MFD

@JaxonH Do you happen to know if XX will have an English text option? If it does, my retailer will import it

MFD

Eagle9

@KirbyTheVampire

Yeah, right. As if i buy game without change to try it. Only purpose why i even ask was if can try before buying.

E: Maybe lot later i buy this, not now. I have so many games to play already. Well, i played Wii too in this month so no hurry

Edited on by Eagle9

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

KirbyTheVampire

@Eagle9 I wasn't trying to offend you, I was just saying that you can't download anything from the eShop.

KirbyTheVampire

Azooooz

I'm against almost everybody by saying that I'm looking forward to playing ARMS more than Splatoon 2, as I wait for my games' shipment to come to my house.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

JaxonH

@Grudgebearer
Nope, it 100% for sure will not have English. No JP version of MH has ever had English. If it did they'd be releasing in the West.

That said, the game is totally playable- dialog can be skipped entirely, Google translate app with AR tech instantly translates from your phone, plus saves can be transferred to 3DS where there's an English patched version of the game (need custom firmware of course), and half the game is written in Katakana which can be learned in 3 days- words borrowed from other languages into Japanese (mostly from English) so it phonetically sounds very similar (cooler drink is ku-ro do-rin-ku, great is gu-re-to) so a few hrs studying to memorize the 46 katakana characters will have a insane impact on comprehension.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH Dang Jaxon, you have been working, good job!

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
An hour a day every day! Japanese from Zero is an amazing book, and the author has a YouTube with videos for every lesson and even more- he's an awesome teacher, so funny and entertaining and just super cool. It's actually fun learning Japanese!

Hajimemashita, Jaxon to moushimasu... yuroshiko onegai shimasu.

Ittekimasu. Itteraashi. Tadaima. Okaerinasai.

Ohayou gozaimasu... konnichiwa. Konbanwa. Oyasuminasai. Arigatou gozaimasu.

Nansai desu ka? Nansai ni miemasu ka? San juu san sai ni miemasu.

O'namae nan desu ka? Watashi no namae wa Jaxon desu.

Inu desu ka? Iie... neko desu la.

Wakarimasu ka? Hai, wakarimasu... Iie, wakarimasen

Can also count to 1 trillion and say in years old.

Progress! Not bad for 2 or 3 weeks learning

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MFD

@JaxonH It'll be the issue of importing it manually, as my retailer won't be doing it themselves then. Oh well, I'll see what I'll do. Thanks for the info though.

MFD

IceClimbers

Nintendo posted something about Arms on Twitter and half the replies are people saying Splatoon 2 killed it off.

It's looking like the free content updates for Arms will be a lot slower and less frequent than either Splatoon game. Feel like that might end up being what kills the game off in the long run.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

-Green-

A miserable little pile of lies.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Ryu_Niiyama

@IceClimbers Well not to take stock in the internet rabble but I think that ARMS and Splatoon have different audiences, sure there is some overlap but I doubt the entire group flamingo migrated from one to the other. I know after a few hours of splatoon2 I'm back on arms and SF. I like splatoon2 well enough and I'll play the single player over time but I'm a FG fan.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers Which is pretty much what I thought would happen, ARMS would've only really flourished if Nintendo brought back the infamous summer game droughts the Wii U saw. So like if it went:
June - ARMS
July - Nothing
August - Nothing
September - Splatoon 2

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

-Green-

@Ryu_Niiyama Yeah. I tend to agree with that as well. I don't know the actual statistics yet, but from my experience when people tend to say stuff like that it's usually not true.

@GrumbleVolcano Thank goodness that isn't the case. Iirc, Splatoon did something like that as well. Actually, let me look that up.

Edited on by -Green-

Luna_110

It seems Arms will focus on a more niche audience than Splatoon. Not bad, but I do agree that the updates have been slow - they've updated the game, what, twice or thrice since launch? If they have updated it more, it definitively hasn't had the same diffusion as the original Splatoon's updates got.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

-Green-

The original Splatoon had a whole lot of held back content. It's not surprising that Arms probably won't get as many updates as Splatoon 1 did.

meleebrawler

ARM's updates may be less frequent than Splatoon's, but so far they've been more substantial, at least the Max Brass one, which added not only the character, his stage and arms of choice, but also a new mode and a whole lot of balance changes. And that was just mostly unlocking stuff that was technically already in the game! So now the possibilities are vast in how they can continue to expand the game. Whereas Splatoon at the moment is mostly just rereleasing weapons present in the first game, sometimes with a twist (Dualie Squelchers).

You also have to consider making new characters for fighting games is generally a lot more complex than something like a weapon in a shooter where everyone has the same base capabilities. It's why the Smash DLC, infamous for being rather pricey compared to other Nintendo games, costs what it does.

Basically, ARMs updates will likely come with more fanfare.

Edited on by meleebrawler

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic