Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 15,841 to 15,860 of 69,981

OorWullie

@Ryu_Niiyama If Nintendo can keep this release momentum right through next year I dread to think how many games I will have bought by the time 2019 comes around.There's certainly no let up this year so I'm expecting to have at least doubled my library by the end of the year.I'm not complaining,it's great but my bank account and social life are in for a real fright.

What kind of conferences if I may ask?

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

IceClimbers

@Luna_110 We do have dates for September though.

Lego Worlds - September 5
Rayman Legends - September 12
NBA 2K18 - September 19
Pokken Tournament DX - September 22
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 - September 22
Lego Ninjago Movie - September 22
FIFA 18 - September 29
One Piece Unlimited World Red Deluxe - September 29

Pokken DX is obviously the big game.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

FragRed

@OorWullie Nintendo needs to keep this momentum going, with one big game per month, it's going to be what keeps the system selling as that is the main reason people buy Nintendo systems. The question is, will Nintendo have any big hitters spread throughout the year now that Zelda, Mario Kart and Mario Odyssey have released this year?

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

OorWullie

@FragRed Agreed,it's crucial they can keep this momentum going throughout next year but I think they can.I remember one of the higher ups talking about this being a 2 year plan .I'm sure it was in reply to being asked about why the launch line up was so small after not putting out much for the 18 months previous.I can't see how they can top this years big hitters but I'm sure Nintendo haven't played all their cards yet,they'll have something big planned for next year that we don't know of yet.

We know of Kirby and Yoshi,Animal Crossing is likely,Smash is inevitable and probably a new Mario Maker too and perhaps a sports title from Camelot .Retro will have something ready surely and Platinum will bring a game or 2.There is likely going to be Odyssey DLC and maybe MK8D too,as well as the continued support of Splatoon 2 and ARMS.There will be a lot of focus on the Online service and hopefully a new and improved VC.So with all that and the promise of Pokemon and Metroid coming after,I think they have enough to make it a successful year.If the theory is correct that 3rd parties were late in getting dev kits or were just waiting for a bigger userbase,we should have a good few 3rd party titles too.

Edited on by OorWullie

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Grumblevolcano

I think 3rd party support next year will depend on the sales of games like Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle and Skyrim. I don't see 3rd parties wanting to support Switch if even collaborations between Nintendo and 3rd parties flop.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Assuming Mario + Rabbids reviews well, I can see that selling 1 million. It's already gaining a good amount of hype. Plus Ubisoft have stated that they still have unannounced games coming to the Switch.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Kylo_Ren

I honestly think that FIFA 18 will sell well for the Switch. Don't underestimate the power of FIFA in Europe.

Kylo_Ren

Octane

The worst part is that people are stupid enough to buy them too.

Octane

skywake

OorWullie wrote:

21 games I've got so far and I've only had it for 3 weeks,that's crazy .At least for me it is anyway..Plus 500 gold points amassed in my new US account. In the 35 years I've been gaming 've never owned this many games for any console after 6 months,let alone 3 weeks.

Games I purchased got during same length of time since purchase for me.....

Switch: Mario Kart 8, Arms, Breath of the Wild
Wii U: Nintendo Land, Assassin's Creed 3, New SMB U, Need for Speed Most Wanted
3DS: Rayman 3D, OoT 3D, StarFox 64 3D
Wii: Wii Sports, Zelda Twilight Princess, Wii Play
DS: Mario Kart DS, Brain Training

3DS and DS I didn't get at launch. I think it's fair to say that I'm in a similar boat to you in a sense. The Switch is the first console I've had where I've got this many quality games this early on. Especially if you take into account the casual games, bundled games and ports of fairly old games on other platforms.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Haruki_NLI

@SLIGEACH_EIRE Bout 2 months late bud

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

OorWullie

Nintendo of America need to get their finger out and update the "coming soon" section on the Eshop.It only has 4 games,Pokken,Odyssey,Minecraft Story mode and the newest addition,the game every one is waiting for, Troll and I.If you were none the wiser you'd think that is all that's coming.Compare that to the UK Eshop which currently has 22 games in the same section and is updated regularly. Games have been appearing on there before the media knows about them.It's worth checking out every other day.

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Haruki_NLI

@SLIGEACH_EIRE Just like Guardians of the Galaxy huh.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ryu_Niiyama

@OorWullie Yeah my bank account is having a panic attack right now. "Put the credit card down Ryu, don't make me cut you off!!!"

This year? North American Taiko Conference and then two PASS (professional association for Sql Server) conferences (I might just order the recordings for one since I'm going on my own time and my PTO is looking a little light). Next year I'm going to Evo as well. Moving out west agrees with me.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Grumblevolcano

@OorWullie The NoA coming soon section doesn't even have Mario + Rabbids?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Eagle9

When and where i can download that Splatfest software, eshop has nothing.

E: Thanks anyway. My money thanks too

Edited on by Eagle9

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic