Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 14,381 to 14,400 of 69,997

IceClimbers

@FGPackers A Platinum developed S&P is something I didn't know I wanted. No way that happens though lol. Star Successor absolutely bombed, and I don't think the VC sales would be enough to have an influence.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

FGPackers

You know what makes me think this is fake? Even if i REALLY LOVED TO DEATH, the TMS #FE port. Too much niche and underappreciated on Wii U to make it for a Switch port.

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

-Green-

The leak seems pretty meh to me. So I can definitely see it being for Ninty.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

NEStalgia

@FGPackers It's niche, but the fact that it was underappreciated still makes me think it could happen. Atlus/Sega isn't a company to let their games die just because they're obscure. Plenty of SMT games have been beyond niche but they keep resurrecting them. The game was NEVER going to be a mega-hit...it's SMT/Persona based but not Persona, but the WiiU and the game releasing in the west pretty much weeks from Switch formally unveiling and making WiiU irrelevant, really hurt it. It didn't light up Japan charts, but who in Japan buys RPGs on a home console? That's what Vita/3DS/Switch is for. That and XCX seem like prime candidates for a reprint, so it's believable to me.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@FGPackers Also note that that report is someone on the show floor, if legit. That means that that doesn't include any surprises/reveals from the Spotlight, that's looking toward 2018. That was only showing what has playable demo or info booths on the show floor. That's actually a big list if so. Any "big surprise" whether it happens or not will be in the Spotlight and not on the floor, looking into 2018. The floor is for near-future stuff. So probably a legit (and very good) overview. Still answers no Spotlight speculation.

NEStalgia

Peek-a-boo

-Green- wrote:

The leak seems pretty meh to me. So I can definitely see it being for Ninty.

Yep, I agree.

It is a combination of the list being decidedly safe, a little bit predictable and the (mostly) expected games that Nintendo would put on show.

The only two surprises are a new Sin and Punishment being in the works and yet another Wii U game being ported over to the Switch.

My favourite part is this:

First things first; there's no Metroid, Animal Crossing, Pikmin 4 (although Hey Pikmin is there), Super Smash Bros., F-Zero (to any fool who still believed Nintendo is making more of these), Pokemon Stars. All of these do not exist on the show-floor. Nintendo fans hoping for these (and from what I know, there are a lot) will be disappointed so, don't say you weren't warned!

This happens time and time again. No matter many times this gets repeated...

I'm actually happy with that list to be honest!

Peek-a-boo

Joeynator3000

I'm more 50/50 on the Smash Switch thing...if it's actually not coming then oh well.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

IceClimbers

@Peek-a-boo You missed the Pilotwings + Wave Race game. That's 3 surprises

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Octane

Didn't even see the TMS and Pilotwings games. I wouldn't... expect those, so I don't know. Could be real, could be fake. We do know people have access to the Nintendo booth, so leaks will happen at some point.

Octane

TuVictus

It's just average enough to be true. The last time I read a leak from someone on the show floor of an event was hours before the January switch event and someone was describing the ARMS characters from when he was setting up the stage, and it was accurate funny enough. So maybe this is similar.

TuVictus

Peek-a-boo

@IceClimbers I was meant to say that game (Pilotwings + Wave Race), but that was before I became somewhat distracted by Tokyo Mirage Sessions receiving an unexpected port. It didn't sell particularly well, and it didn't set the world alight either, which is why I was surprised to see the game being mentioned.

But yes, Pilotwings + Wave Race is indeed a pleasant surprise. I remember putting 20-odd hours into Pilotwings Resort on my original 3DS, despite offering very little depth and content to plough through.

Peek-a-boo

Haruki_NLI

On the one hand the booths sound right.

On the other...that new stuff doesnt.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

GrailUK

I am still expecting the people in New Donk City to be replaced with Kongs.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Octane

GrailUK wrote:

I am still expecting the people in New Donk City to be replaced with Kongs.

Won't happen.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic