Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 14,401 to 14,420 of 69,964

GrailUK

@Octane You are probably right my friend, especially as it's the main booth in Nintendo's corner so the crowd will be fitting. But unless you work for Nintendo on that game...you can't say that for definite lol.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Ralizah

@NEStalgia Persona 5 and FFXV both sold pretty well in Japan, I believe.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Luna_110

I think that leak is fake. TMS#FE was a bomb, and as much as I loved that game, Nintendo won't bring it back. It's going to be buried deeeeeep down, alongside other dead IPs like Golden Sun.
The Wave race thing could be invented from the trademark renewal last year, and Tharja being in FE Warriors is a educated guess considering how popular she is.

It may be true, and I would be willing to eat crow, but NeoGaf lately has been full of fake leaks since the Mod who checked all that stuff left.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

IceClimbers

@Peek-a-boo Yeah it'd be fun but probably not super deep. Wave Race fans might not like that though.

@DarthNocturnal Tharja and Camilla aren't that hard to predict to be honest. Kills two birds with one stone by being fan service and non-sword users.

@Luna_110 If Atlus is footing the bill I don't think Nintendo will object to the port. Diversifies the lineup and it has a better chance at selling due to being portable.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Qwertyninty

We will see... all I know is I have prepared myself and expectations are as low as possible.

Qwertyninty

Nicolai

GrailUK wrote:

I am still expecting the people in New Donk City to be replaced with Kongs.

Actually, that makes a lot of sense! They do look an awful lot like placeholders npcs. Maybe they just didn't get the real designs ready yet?

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Octane

@Nicolaison They wouldn't show the game if it wasn't ready yet, this is Nintendo we're talking about. It was the big thing everyone talked about; the city with the real people. They weren't placeholders. They were fully animated and had programmed routines around the city. That's too much work for just some placeholders.

Octane

Nicolai

Octane wrote:

@Nicolaison They wouldn't show the game if it wasn't ready yet, this is Nintendo we're talking about. It was the big thing everyone talked about; the city with the real people. They weren't placeholders. They were fully animated and had programmed routines around the city. That's too much work for just some placeholders.

It's just an aesthetic. Things like routines around the city can be programmed before the models are swapped; that's why they have placeholders. Something like SIM-looking human beings in suits, I bet it's the kind of thing they always have walking animations for, just for tests. It's like having basic splattershot designs for splatoon until they decide how to balance the weapon classes.

Besides, Nintendo has a history of aesthetic beta content that gets replaced. Look at Botw, the sailcloth got replaced by the paraglider; little of the trailer music actually gets used anywhere in the game; the lame-looking lookout towers get replaced by the Sheikah Towers. In fact, if you look at old trailers, the game is littered with unfamiliar HUD content and redesigned landscapes.

I'm sure there are better examples too, but I've only been following gaming media since the release of the Wii U, so not much else comes to mind at the moment, other than how Wind Waker used to look like an upgraded Ocarina of Time at one point. I mean, I'm not saying this theory is rock solid proof, but it's possible and makes sense. But when we see the human beings again at E3, don't expect me to bow down low in concession. I'm just saying the theory makes sense. More sense than having a city with consistently Kong naming conventions populated by regular people.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

DarkRula

Maybe the Kongs evolved?

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Octane

@Nicolaison Wind Waker always looked like Wind Waker...

The most logical explanation is that they needed names for the streets, and DK references were the most obvious answer; New York, King Kong, Donkey Kong. It's a ''realistic'' looking city, so having humans walk around makes sense. Donkey Kong & co in a realistic city with cabs, streetlights and skyscrapers? That doesn't make any sense at all. Not in the way that it's a weird and unexpected idea from Nintendo, but in the sense that it won't happen. It's one of the things I'm 100% certain of.

Octane

Nicolai

@Octane I was referring to the Spaceworld Demo thing back in 2000. I mean, yeah, it wasn't called Wind Waker then, but whatever.

And you're probably right. But I still say there's a chance that the npc's might look a little more distinguishable in some way come Tuesday. To me, they look rather temporary as they do now.

Got married.

Octane

@Nicolaison That was a tech demo, it was never meant to be a game. Tech demos only exist to show the capabilities of a system.

Octane

skywake

I think it's interesting that they think we're being optimistic to think Pikmin 4, Animal Crossing and Smash for Switch are possible. Then they list a port for Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Assuming the list is a load of BS I think the previous three are more likely. One thing you can always trust with publishers, they'll maximise sales and minimise effort. Animal Crossing and Smash for Switch in particular are the closest Nintendo could get ATM to printing money.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Luna_110

@IceClimbers
Why would Altus foot the bill? The game is published by Nintendo, so they are the ones who would have to foot the bill. Altus developed the game, but Nintendo paid for everything. Plus, why would Altus want to put out a game that was a bomb and may not even recoup its cost? It doesn't make sense for them.
They're focused on Shin Megami Tensei HD by now.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Qwertyninty

EA conference is tomorrow... so we should see some switch fifa gameplay right?

Qwertyninty

JoyBoy

Nicolaison wrote:

GrailUK wrote:

I am still expecting the people in New Donk City to be replaced with Kongs.

Actually, that makes a lot of sense! They do look an awful lot like placeholders npcs. Maybe they just didn't get the real designs ready yet?

I remember Miyamoto saying he didn't quite like the idea of humans interacting with Mario but the young developers really pushed for it or something of that nature.

So I'm pretty the humans are here to stay. But you never know, Mario Sunshine first "footage" also had humans in Delfino plaza.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Luna_110

@Qwertyninty
FIFA gameplay, yes. FIFA gameplay for Switch? I doubt it. The marketing deal for footage is with PlayStation.

Qwertyninty

But shouldn't EA have booth set up for all their games on different consoles? Is it up to Nintendo to show off fifa switch gameplay?

Qwertyninty

Octane

@Qwertyninty EA won't be at E3. They haven't been for a few years IIRC. Maybe Nintendo will have a small booth set up for FIFA, but I doubt it.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic