Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 11,401 to 11,420 of 26,391

gcunit

StuTwo wrote:

"What's that Mrs Goggins? I've got to deliver 2 million Nintendo Switches to deliver in one day? Good job Royal Mail laid out all that money for me to have a personal helicopter, jet and space shuttle for delivering around Greendale!"

@StuTwo

@AlliMeadow Why have it next to you when you can just have it in your hands? That's where mine is going to spend most of its play time.

Use the 'ignore' button, it works.

Currently playing: Rocket League; Splatoon 2; Super Mario Odyssey; Xenoblade Chronicles; Fire Emblem; Suikoden; Kirby Triple Deluxe; ICO; Gravity Rush; Ratchet & Clank; Red Faction: Guerilla; Fez; FIFA 18

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted.

jump

I have a Sunday London Switch tix if anyone wants it. @me your email address and I will send it to you.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

mav-i-am

I am expecting a patch to address this at the expense of battery life.

But even if I didn't have a preorder this would not prevent me buying one.

Switch games list,

Legend of Zelda BotW, Human resource machine, NBA Playgrounds, Street Fighter 2, Super Bomberman R, Snipperclips, Overcooked, World of Goo.

Nintendo Network ID: mav-i-am | Twitter:

KirbyTheVampire

I do wonder how Nintendo didn't catch the JoyCon issue beforehand. Surely they would have tested things like this?

Also, there's quite a noticeable difference in frame rate between the TV and handheld mode when playing Breath of the Wild. However, they say the frame drops in TV mode aren't very frequent.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

MisterPi

It bugs me that I'll be playing the inferior choppy version just because I'm playing on the TV. Which is the opposite of what I expected. I hope switch games don't make it a habit of needing to choose between resolution or framerate.

MisterPi

KirbyTheVampire

Operative2-0 wrote:

It bugs me that I'll be playing the inferior choppy version just because I'm playing on the TV. Which is the opposite of what I expected. I hope switch games don't make it a habit of needing to choose between resolution or framerate.

That's gonna bug me too. The graphics on the TV mode are amazing, but the choppiness is kind of a pain. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how often it stutters like that.

KirbyTheVampire

Nicolai

@KirbyTheVampire From the sound of it, Gamexplain went out of their way to find a spot where this happens, so it's probably not going to be that frequent.

I rise from the ashes!
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Octane

That's a bummer. I'm hoping the Wii U version has a stable frame rate. I'd love to see if DF has already done a video on it, but YouTube decided Europe doesn't need to watch videos today. It's still broken after 15 hours...

Octane

Maxz

@KirbyTheVampire Definitely slightly concerning. It seems odd that it's apparently quite rare, but can demonstrated so easily right at the beginning of the game. Although maybe that's because the beginning of the game tries to show off as much of the landscape as possible, I don't know.

It's not something I noticed during my playthrough at the event (which was on the TV, in that exact spot), but it's seems pretty obvious in the video.

Does the having it in the dock provide any sort of boost to the system, or is it literally the same setup trying to put out a higher frame rate?

I wonder if games tailor-made for the system will respond differently. And I wonder how the Wii U version compares to either...

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: S+ | TC: S+ | RM: S+ | CB: S+
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly

Spanjard

@Octane What part of Europe are you talking about? It works fine over here.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

AlliMeadow

@Octane have you tried a different browser? I usually use Safari for NL and Youtube, but today it has been acting up on both (giving me this weird mobile like YouTube), but it works perfectly on Chrome for me.

AlliMeadow

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

Octane

@AlliMeadow I'm using Chrome. Don't know what the issue is, but I'm not alone. It works on my phone apparently, and as long as I'm not logged in, it also works on Chrome. I've just opened an incognito window and it works. Can't view my subs or recommended vids though. However I can view those on my phone, and I can manually look for them on my PC. It's a hassle, but it works I suppose.

I tried logging in to YouTube on Edge, and it also works fine. Still doesn't work on Chrome though, and I can't log out either (which would solve the problem I think).

Octane

G0dlike

I went to a Switch event in London today! It was incredible. Seriously, the quality of this piece of kit is exceptional.
And the games! The games are soooo much fun. Arms - so much more in depth than I was expecting, yet still so easily accessible.
1,2 Switch - played quick draw, milk it and ball count. All 3 work really well, and are hilarious. The HD rumble is just like VR, you can know everything about the concepts and the tech, but it all makes sense when you try it.
Splatoon 2 - more of the same, but somehow sharper. Not sure if it runs at a higher resolution than Splatoon but seemed crisper. It was set up to use Joy Cons in the charge grip and whilst at 1st it seemed a little small, it all came together very quickly and was just like riding a bike.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - set up running as an 8 player local play on separate Switches around a giant tyre table, very cool. Runs incredibly, sharp and crisp and the Switch screen just burst with colours.
Snipperclips - great fun, went to the event with my best mate, who thought it was hilarious to constantly cut me up. Finished the challenge in the end and it did feel very rewarding. Feel sorry for the lady trying to explain what to do, she lost the room very quickly bless her.
And then there was Zelda - oh my, we only had a 10 minute time slot and it literally felt like 3 minutes it just flew by. The game is obviously huge, and beautiful and the art direction is stunning. Switching the Switch from the TV to the handheld is seamless and putting it back only has a slight delay.
All in all, all of the controls work and feel very natural. It's going to be a long week....

NNID - lordkieranos.

Who's clever idea was it to persist with Friend codes?.....

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

Octane

@G0dlike Same resolution, same lack of AA. Some of the objects have higher-res textures though. I need to see them side-by-side to say anything about the lighting, seems the same to me.

Octane

TromboneGamer

Pretty disappointing to see BotW has an unstable framerate in TV mode. I personally find it very distracting. The thing is why is the handheld mode so much smoother?

My Twitch

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9902-3413 | Nintendo Network ID: TromboneGamer | Twitter:

Caldorosso-E

That framerate drop is interesting. It doesn't show up in Handheld mode at all...

Maybe they need to tone down the settings on their television.

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none.
~~/watch?v=zSAJ0l4OBHM~~
-Verified Cheese Aficionado and Abecedarian Author-

DefHalan

I don't know if maybe those two videos were different times of the day (in game) but I liked the Portable Mode visuals more. The TV mode was too glossy for me lol. Hopefully the Wii U version is closer to the handheld mode lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

KirbyTheVampire

TromboneGamer wrote:

Pretty disappointing to see BotW has an unstable framerate in TV mode. I personally find it very distracting. The thing is why is the handheld mode so much smoother?

Probably because everything's cranked up in TV mode compared to portable mode. Notice how everything looks better on the TV, which is more taxing on the system. That's what I'm guessing is happening, anyway. I'm no expert, so maybe it's something else. In any case, he said the stutters don't happen very often, so it's probably not a huge deal.

KirbyTheVampire

Caldorosso-E

@DefHalan
It looks that way because of the quality of the recorder used.
The TV mode is how the game looks, and the Handheld mode is gameplay being recorded by a phone camera (probably).

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none.
~~/watch?v=zSAJ0l4OBHM~~
-Verified Cheese Aficionado and Abecedarian Author-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic