Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 11,401 to 11,420 of 11,573

Luna_110

@skywake

But at the same time, people with physical versions can resell them to cover the cost (at least partially) of the new version if they want. Digital downloads don't have that option.

Anyway, I think that for the VC they may ask for an upgrade fee, but I don't think they'll add retrocompatibility for digital 3DS/Wii U games. They want people to buy MK8 remaster, not give it away for free.

Massive backlogs are a gamer's worst enemy.

The main reason of forest fires in summer is human carelessness. Be careful and do not start a fire when you go out for a picnic or on vacation!!

Now playing: Pokemon Moon, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186

Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Grumblevolcano

@BLP_Software I think the issue being made comes more about how it's displayed. If you look at the other consoles, achievements are really in your face. I'm going to use XB1 as an example but there's similar situations for most of these on 360/PS3/PS4 too.

• When you login your gamerscore is one of the first things you see (it's in the top left corner of the screen).
  • Also on that screen you see how much gamerscore you have out of the total for each recently played game.
  • There's achievement leaderboards each month of which you can compete against your friends to get to the top.
  • The bleep bloop sound when you unlock an achievement that's not rare is extremely iconic.
  • Xbox Live Rewards rewards you for getting achievements, it used to be percentage rebate on all your digital purchases. Now it's mostly badges but also there's sometimes ways to earn reward credits (which get converted into funds for your account) and VIP things like for a fair few years there's been the opportunity to go to E3 with flights, accomodation, tickets, etc. free.

Meanwhile My Nintendo missions are kind of hidden (though we don't know if that'll change for Switch). If you consider everything regarding achievements/trophies, even now the closest Nintendo's got to a system like that would be the challenge walls in some of the games Sakurai has been involved in (e.g. Kid Icarus Uprising, SSBB, SSB4, Kirby Air Ride).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

skywake

@Luna_110
I don't disagree with any of that TBH. Personally I'd be fine with an upgrade fee.

@JaxonH
The issue is that having all your old hardware hooked up isn't something most people do. My old Wii, DS, SNES and GB? They're in boxes. So there is a reason why people will get them again.

NNID: skywake
Musics to set the tone: Think, Dance, Relax
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

JaxonH

@skywake
Oh I understand that. But wanting it all on one device isn't really enough to justify Nintendo continually remaking emulators for new systems and spending resources just so the same people can keep getting free games over and over.

There has to be a compromise. I think the upgrade fee is on point.

CURRENTLY PLAYING
Tales of Berseria [PS4 Pro] ...... Watch Dogs 2 [X1] ...... Metroid Other M [PC: Wii 🐬] ...... Dragon Age Origins [PC] ...... Yoshis Wooly World [3DS] Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon [Wii U: DS VC] ...... World of Final Fantasy [Vita] ...... Fire Emblem Heroes [iOS]

Jesus is Lord.

Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

Nicolai

JaxonH wrote:

And it's now confirmed

Untitledphoto uploader

Is this any different than how the 3DS and Wii U worked? Your Nintendo Account remembers your purchases, and you were always able to redownload games once you delete them. The question is, if I buy a second Switch, can I connect my NN Account to that and download everything again, either whenever I buy a new device or when my first one breaks and I call Nintendo? Do 3DS and Wii U purchases carry over? I feel these things aren't quite confirmed yet.

The wording kinda sounds like Wii U and 3DS games carry over, but that would be a bit unbelievable for Nintendo's standards. Imagine having all of my VC games on my Switch day one...

Edited on by Nicolai

I'm playing all Zelda games in order before Breath of the Wild's release.
Current Game: Skyward Sword - Lanayru Desert (2nd time)
NNID: Nicolai - || - Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: EST (-5:00)

Octane

@JaxonH If they rip their own ROM files from an unofficial source from the interwebs, then I really wonder how much effort they put into their VC system. Even Microsoft does it for free on the Xbox One with Xbox 360 games. I'm not saying that they're not allowed to charge for the upgrade, but since people already paid €5 for an NES game, you'd think that could also cover the upgrade costs to newer systems. At least, I'm sure they could've covered the Switch emulators with the money they made off the Virtual Console on the Wii U. Assuming there is an upgrade fee, how much would it be? $1 per game seems reasonable I think.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Therad

Nicolai wrote:

JaxonH wrote:

And it's now confirmed

Untitledphoto uploader

Is this any different than how the 3DS and Wii U worked? Your Nintendo Account remembers your purchases, and you were always able to redownload games once you delete them. The question is, if I buy a second Switch, can I connect my NN Account to that and download everything again, either whenever I buy a new device or when my first one breaks and I call Nintendo? Do 3DS and Wii U purchases carry over? I feel these things aren't quite confirmed yet.

The wording kinda sounds like Wii U and 3DS games carry over, but that would be a bit unbelievable for Nintendo's standards. Imagine having all of my VC games on my Switch day one...

don't count on 3ds and Wii u purchases to carry over. And I doubt you will be able to download purchases on different switches at the same time.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

Nicolai

Therad wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

JaxonH wrote:

And it's now confirmed

Untitledphoto uploader

don't count on 3ds and Wii u purchases to carry over. And I doubt you will be able to download purchases on different switches at the same time.

If that's the case, then unless Nintendo can confirm that we can call to switch our NNID between devices in the event that one breaks or is lost or stolen, I don't see why people are celebrating over this.

IceClimbers

@Therad @Nicolai Actually, the leaked documents confirmed that you can login on more than one Switch.

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

zitpig

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but here's some footage of the Switch avatar selector etc.

zitpig

Therad

IceClimbers wrote:

@Therad @Nicolai Actually, the leaked documents confirmed that you can login on more than one Switch.

not in that image. I am interested in the paragraph above it though.

Therad

Nicolai

IceClimbers wrote:

Hey, you're right! I think this was the link that said that it's based on documents from July and may be outdated, but all of the UI information is similar. Here it is.

Edited on by Nicolai

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH Is that guide B&N only? I can't find it on Amazon...and I have the second collector's edition preordered...but yours looks much nicer.

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.
Villanova University: 2016 NCAA Champs! GO NOVA NATION! 2008 Alumna

Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Maxz

I'm slightly concerned the account system will lock you into downloading eShop games from a single region, even if the system itself is technically region free. Do we have any information on this? Is it possible to link two accounts up to one system (one per region) and have both games be downloaded to the same space?

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page

Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly

Mellor2000

Here's a conspiracy theory for you: The reason both Sony and Microsoft produced mid generation upgrades to the PS4 and the Xbox One is because the Switch can almost match the original consoles graphics and power and given the flexibility of Nintendo's new hybrid it would be the obvious choice when placed side by side. Discuss.

NNID mellor2000

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH Pre ordered! Thank you!

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.
Villanova University: 2016 NCAA Champs! GO NOVA NATION! 2008 Alumna

Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic