Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 11,401 to 11,420 of 22,299

rallydefault

Ok, so I think from this point on I need to limit myself to these forums for information.

I just spent about 10 minutes in the comments section of an IGN article on the Switch.

Dear God never again.

rallydefault

Dj64Mk7

@Octane Explains why text has been getting smaller and smaller...

Dj64Mk7

Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7

Maxz

@skywake @JaxonH I think both links are equally valid. It's just YouTube itself is broken (on my browser anyway, seems to be working on my smartphone app).

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: S+ | TC: S+ | RM: S+
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly

KirbyTheVampire

rallydefault wrote:

Ok, so I think from this point on I need to limit myself to these forums for information.

I just spent about 10 minutes in the comments section of an IGN article on the Switch.

Dear God never again.

I went there a couple times too. It was quite an experience.

KirbyTheVampire

Caldorosso-E

IGN... a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Anyway,

@JaxonH

So keep your friends close and your Joy-Cons closer?

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSAJ0l4OBHM
-Verified Cheese Aficionado and Abecedarian Author-

Therad

I think it is funny how we had an conversation about how bad it was it didn't have 4k and now people are complaining about it not being able to transmit the signal further than 10". Or am I the only one that haven't bought an 80" 4k tv?

Edited on by Therad

Therad

StuTwo

Therad wrote:

I think it is funny how we had an conversation about how bad it was it didn't have 4k and now people are Nibelsnarfing about it not being able to transmit the signal further than 10". Or am I the only one that haven't bought an 80" 4k tv?

Yes. Yes you are. Go immediately to PC World and prostrate yourself infront of the largest 4K HDR set they have begging for forgiveness.

StuTwo

dtjive

Sounds to me like as long as your couch is not tremendously far from the TV, you'll be fine. And again as others have said, it also seems to be dependent on the environment too; that is it seems to have more problems in the office than it does at home. The fact that Andre could only get the problem to replicate itself at home when he had the joycon fully covered/behind his back seems to suggest to me that this might be getting a little blown out of proportion as an issue for the average consumer.

Anyway, I hope Nintendo put out an official word soon saying they are working on improving connectivity and will be a day one patch. As others have said, it seems likely the fix will be increasing bluetooth strength in sacrifice for some joycon battery life (and who really needs 20 hours of joycon life anyway?)

dtjive

Azooooz

Speakers:
Hidemaro Fujibayashi | Game Director, Nintendo
Satoru Takizawa | Art Director, Nintendo
Takuhiro Dohta | Technical Director, Nintendo

Date: Wednesday, March 1

Time: 11:00am - 12:30pm

Format: Session

Track: Design

Pass Type: GDC All Access, GDC All Access + VRDC, GDC Main Conference, GDC Main Conference + VRDC - Get your pass now!

For decades, 'The Legend of Zelda' series has been recognized as a trailblazer in game design, influencing countless titles and developers. With the latest game in the series, 'The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild', Nintendo introduces wide-ranging changes that break with many of the traditional conventions of the franchise. In this session, Game Director Hidemaro Fujibayashi, Art Director Satoru Takizawa and Technical Director Takuhiro Dohta will provide an in-depth look at how many of these convention-breaking changes were implemented.

A reminder to those who are interested in Nintendo GDC's session.

"Knowing your enemy is the key to victory" Snake - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

"Knowing your stomach is the key to end hunger" Azooooz - Nintendo Life

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Therad

@joeynator3000 nibelsnarfing sounds way worse than my original word which wasn't even a swearword...

Edited on by Therad

Therad

FGPackers

So it seems it is a distance/obstruction problem. My seat is maybe 2m far from TV. No obstruction in between. I don't think i'm going to have an issue. And as i said in the Controllers thread: it's just a matter of paying attention. And by the way it seems Nintendo is already taking care of it. So i can safely say that i'm perfectly calm. I don't think it's going to be an issue at all, Nintendo always delivered on this kind of things

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

BigBadJohn

All major new games consoles have teething problems. When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked!

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

skywake

Therad wrote:

I think it is funny how we had an conversation about how bad it was it didn't have 4k and now people are complaining about it not being able to transmit the signal further than 10'. Or am I the only one that haven't bought an 80" 4k tv?

I don't think 3m is a particularly huge distance to sit away from a TV. People don't always sit the optimal distance away from their screens. Especially when playing games that may involve more than one player and may have motion controls.

That said, I'm pretty sure this will be resolved in the day 1 patch.

Edited on by skywake

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, The Avalanches
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Octane

@Maxz You know it's sad when you posted that 7 hours ago and YouTube is still broken... Fix that &£*8!

Octane

Azooooz

My excitement level for Nintendo Switch has broke the roof now. However, I'm not getting it day 1. Maybe I'll get it late March.

"Knowing your enemy is the key to victory" Snake - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

"Knowing your stomach is the key to end hunger" Azooooz - Nintendo Life

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

gcunit

Unprecedented advertising in the UK now. I had E4 and Channel 4 on last night and saw two different Switch ads. Then this morning, I put a Postman Pat on my phone for my kid, using Youtube, and bam! another Switch ad before Pat could get busy!

I've just held an Ignored Users amnesty on my account. 20+ users are back in the game with an extra life - make it count :)

Currently playing: Rocket League - Chess Ultra - Super Mario Odyssey - FIFA 18

SW-3124-5612-5724

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted.

Therad

skywake wrote:

Therad wrote:

I think it is funny how we had an conversation about how bad it was it didn't have 4k and now people are complaining about it not being able to transmit the signal further than 10'. Or am I the only one that haven't bought an 80" 4k tv?

I don't think 3m is a particularly huge distance to sit away from a TV. People don't always sit the optimal distance away from their screens. Especially when playing games that may involve more than one player and may have motion controls.

That said, I'm pretty sure this will be resolved in the day 1 patch.

10 feet is common. And as long as that is the norm, most people won't see he difference between 1080p and 4k, except for maybe better colours.

And the view also needed to be obstructed btw, 10 feet was OK otherwise.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

StuTwo

gcunit wrote:

Unprecedented advertising in the UK now. I had E4 and Channel 4 on last night and saw two different Switch ads. Then this morning, I put a Postman Pat on my phone for my kid, using Youtube, and bam! another Switch ad before Pat could get busy!

"What's that Mrs Goggins? I've got to deliver 2 million Nintendo Switches to deliver in one day? Good job Royal Mail laid out all that money for me to have a personal helicopter, jet and space shuttle for delivering around Greendale!"

StuTwo

AlliMeadow

I don't really get why people would want their switch placed near the TV when you can have it right next to you on a small table, windowsill, etc. I know I'll have it right next to me so that I can easily play it off-tv without having to go all the way to my TV to pick it up. I do the same with my Gamepad for the Wii U.

AlliMeadow

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic