Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 11,381 to 11,400 of 69,981

rallydefault

@ironside1911
I believe that is a setting you can toggle in the systems menu (the TV auto on/off thing you're talking about).

rallydefault

JaxonH

@ironside1911
Go into Settings, TV Settings, and turn "Match TV Power State" to Off. Alternatively, if your TV supports it you can go into your TV settings and change your CEC Device settings, such as what happens when you turn device on (tv on with it or not) or when you turn tv off (system goes off with it or not), etc.

I love it. I have mine set so as soon as I grab Joycons and wake from sleep mode, it turns my tv on and Switches to the correct input. Glorious.

@KirbyTheVampire
Yes, you want tempered glass. Even plastic should protect it fine, but just to be safe I'd recommend glass. 9H hardness rating. And see the article posted about scratches on screen- I posted detailed instructions for the shower method and hinge method to avoid all air bubbles and in sure it's aligned 100% exactly dead on.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

6ch6ris6 wrote:

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

...like a semi-responsible adult

ROFL !!

Come on, I said SEMI... that has to count for something right? The amount of money I've spent on the Switch launch when I am trying to pay off my student loan debt...well that wasn't very responsible...but at least I saved up for it. (grins)

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

IceClimbers

Bloodstained is confirmed for the Switch via a news update on the Switch itself.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

diwdiws

Im here in Japan for about two weeks now,( vacation and gunpla competition) And honestly aside from lunch day, it seems that theres not that much buzz anymore for the switch, stores are back to showcasing PS4, 3ds and vitas. This is anecdotal but my nephews who live here aren't even talking about it.,

Edited on by diwdiws

diwdiws

FGPackers

ProjectX1991 wrote:

We'll be here still @FGPackers

When should you be getting yours?

This morning i'll finally get my limited Zelda! So happy about it! And between today and tomorrow i'll receive the call from the store to go get the Switch. Really hope it's today!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

zitpig

I saw two Switch adverts within the space of an hour last night (UK) - one for Zelda, the other for 1-2 Switch.

zitpig

FGPackers

Finally unboxed my limited BOTW! Now i have to wait the call to go get my Switch!!!

FGPackers

Pazzo-TheFool

@IceClimbers

That's great! I'm not a huge Castlevania guy, but my brother will die and go to heaven (only to return because he wants to play the Switch) once he finds out.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

KirbyTheVampire

JaxonH wrote:

@ironside1911
Go into Settings, TV Settings, and turn "Match TV Power State" to Off. Alternatively, if your TV supports it you can go into your TV settings and change your CEC Device settings, such as what happens when you turn device on (tv on with it or not) or when you turn tv off (system goes off with it or not), etc.

I love it. I have mine set so as soon as I grab Joycons and wake from sleep mode, it turns my tv on and Switches to the correct input. Glorious.

@KirbyTheVampire
Yes, you want tempered glass. Even plastic should protect it fine, but just to be safe I'd recommend glass. 9H hardness rating. And see the article posted about scratches on screen- I posted detailed instructions for the shower method and hinge method to avoid all air bubbles and in sure it's aligned 100% exactly dead on.

Alright, thanks. Yeah I did have a couple air bubbles on that plastic protector that came with my carrying case, which was a bummer.

KirbyTheVampire

FGPackers

Ooooooooooohhh i got the call RIGHT NOW!!! Gonna get the Switch later this evening and tomorrow i'll start playing Zeldaaaaaaaaaaa!!! I'm so happy!!!!

FGPackers

Mandy621

This is to those of you that feel hopeless that you cant find a switch anywhere, keep checking the target website, and see if your local target changes from out of stock to limited stock available, i know that yesterday my local target had 15 in stock and sold out, and this morning when i checked the website at like 5:30 am it went from out of stock to limited available, so i hurried myself up to the store and waited outside for an hour and a half, I was able to get 1 of 4 they were selling today. I think some of the targets are allotting an amount a day until sold out, that's what it seems to me, they sold out friday, saturday, and sunday, and now today. Its a first come, first serve kind of thing. Well idk if this will help anyone, but i figured id try.

Mandy621

Ryu_Niiyama

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

A better look at the upcoming Hori Hayabusa fightstick.

I can't wait for that stick to come out. I've already started saving money for it. It shall be mine!

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

KirbyTheVampire

Anyone know if the Switch should be turned completely off, or is it okay to leave it in sleep mode whenever I'm not playing?

KirbyTheVampire

FGPackers

@ProjectX1991 In less than 1 hour i'll start my 30 minutes trip to get it. I'll setup it entirely and will be prepared for my first minutes with Breath of the Wild tomorrow morning! Can't play tonight just because i have a Dungeons & Dragons session!

FGPackers

KirbyTheVampire

FGPackers wrote:

@ProjectX1991 In less than 1 hour i'll start my 30 minutes trip to get it. I'll setup it entirely and will be prepared for my first minutes with Breath of the Wild tomorrow morning! Can't play tonight just because i have a Dungeons & Dragons session!

Enjoy it, brah. I certainly am. Only thing that's kind of killing the enjoyment for me is how the dock can scratch the screen, so I need to wait for my tempered glass protector to arrive before I can even undock it.

KirbyTheVampire

Azooooz

Can't seem to find the Switch anywhere online. My local retailers sell it at $599 without games or extra controllers, can you believe this? I'm not going to support greedy people we have in my country. Might wait for a bit longer to get one.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic