Forums

Topic: What 5 games must Nintendo launch the NX with?

Posts 241 to 260 of 296

UckerzBadderz

SquidOrKid wrote:

@Bass_X0: 10?!?

Windows 10, OS X, looks like technology firms are supernatural about the number 9.
Please no HL3, TF3, L4D3 or Portal 3 jokes. It hurts me deeply.

Xavier (UckerzBadderz)

Nintendo Network ID: UckerzBadderz

Cia

A bunch of extremely Dark, Gritty, Thought-Provoking (in a negative way), Bloody and Mature titles.

Edited on by Cia

Cia

GrailUK

1. Football 2016 (EU or US)
2. Realistic Car Simulator 2016
3. Realistic 1st Person War Simulator 2016
4. Grand Theft Auto USA
5. Monster Hunter NX

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Madder128

Zelda WiiU/NX
Pikmin 4

Wildcards:

Luigi's Mansion 3
Super Mario 3D World 2
Metroid Federation Force NX (just to turn the knife)
F-Zero NX

3rd party:
Generic games like FIFA, Cod and Assasins Creed

Virtual Console:
Subscription based service

Madder128

Grumblevolcano

1. Amiibo Land (tentative title) - One of those games like Skylanders which can only be played with amiibo, this is the only way which will show that amiibo are much more than just collectibles.
2. Minecraft - As this is finally on Wii U, it needs to be available on NX at launch and be at least as good as the XB1/PS4 versions.
3. Call of Duty (whatever the game that comes out the same year as NX is) - Need to show consumers that the NX will be getting the full experience for western 3rd party games.
4. FIFA (whatever the game that comes out the same year as NX is) - See CoD.
5. Assassin's Creed (whatever the game that comes out the same year as NX is) - See CoD.

Runners Up:
6. Animal Crossing NX - HHD and Amiibo Festival are literally punches to the face at fans of the franchise so make it right with either a last year Wii U title or NX launch title.
7. Metroid NX (could be Prime or 2D style) - See Animal Crossing, replace HHD and Amiibo Festival with Other M and Federation Force.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Kizashi

I'd definitely go for something in the likes of this :

1- A new IP that would showcase the new features of the console. Maybe not like Nintendo Land did with its mini-games, another kind of experience would be good too !

2- A 3D Mario Game. This is a classic, since the N64, every nintendo console saw one of these released on itself (exception being the wii with the 2 SMG games). I wouldn't go for a SMG3, unless it extends even forward in terms of gameplay, universe and so on. I wouldn't go either for a 3DWorld/Land like game, it would start being repetitive if you ask me. So, basically, a new 3D Mario, just like sunshine was to 64 or galaxy was to sunshine ! Besides, this would certainly make the console sell well~

3- This is mostly like a fan dream, but the return of metroid could be a great thing. I'm unsure about the return of the prime series and I don't think another game like metroid other m would pop up. It would just bring a Shooter / Adventure experience to the console, with the amazing environnement of the metroid licence.

4 and 5- 3D parties. Exclusive would certainly be great, i personnally don't care about assassin's creed, call of duty, fifa...
It would just be nice to have exclusives in the likes of Bayonetta ! The other exclusive could be a crossover just like Hyrule Warriors was ?

And that's all. To be honest, i feel like many nintendo licences are getting overused and would need a refresh, like most has been done and i don't really see how most of them could be exploited again. Also, i think a list of licences that are very unlikely to come back directly in the line-up would look like that :
Super Smash Bros., Mario Kart, 2D Mario Game, Donkey kong country, Zelda, Star Fox, Bayonetta, Splatoon...
And probably more.

Kizashi

Nintendo Network ID: lakshry

Octane

Grumblevolcano wrote:

1. Amiibo Land (tentative title) - One of those games like Skylanders which can only be played with amiibo, this is the only way which will show that amiibo are much more than just collectibles.

As long as they keep the amiibo out of all their other games.

Octane

YorkshireNed

Xenoblade Chronicles Y
Splatoonmania: Wet N Wild
Super Mario Simulator
Pokémon vs Resident Evil
The Legend of Zelda: The Skyward Sword HD remake in 720dpi

http://www.wasistdas.co.uk

my website for krautrock, experimental, weird music

ChaseStrawberry

1. A new 3D Mario Title (Possibly Super Mario Galaxy 3?)
2. Pikmen 4
3. Zelda Wii/NX (They say it's coming to the Wii U but I believe it's gonna become a Twilight Princess situation)
4. New Ip
5. Metroid Prime 4

ChaseStrawberry

Nintendo Network ID: CLG_Gaming

Wittgenstein

A Paper Mario game that doesn't suck.
A Mario Kart game that features Fawful as a playable character.
Smash 5 with Paper Mario playable.
Mario & Luigi (first console installment).
Super Mario Universe.

I lead the way through the great unknown! Never knowing what I'll find...
I'm searching, expecting, exploring, connecting... So no one has to feel they're left behind.
-Wittgenstein, The Brave Little Toaster To The Rescue

Better known as Fawfulthegreat64.

iKhan

So, I'm convinced that this is a home console launching 2016. So, assuming that's the case, I have a few predictions I believe are damn solid.

1. Zelda U- Nintendo knows how successful this strategy was with Wii. No doubt they will try to replicate it again when the timing is so convenient.

2. The next 3D Mario game- Since moving to EAD Tokyo, there has been a new 3D Home Console Mario game every 3 years.

Launching with a Zelda and a Mario game is going to make Nintendo damn confident about the launch performance of their next system. They might not let the two cannibalize the others, and therefore stagger them within the launch window. Maybe Mario comes out at launch, and Zelda a few weeks later.

A few more games on the docket that I could easily see as launch window titles:
3. Pikmin 4
4. Retro's game
5. Smash Bros port.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Pokemon Crystal, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Daemon X Machina Prototype Missions

haigh1011

@iKhan: I reckon you are spot on with these selection, I thought Pikmin 4 might have been the unannounced Wii U game (turns out its was paper mario). Its been too many years since a proper 3D Mario game and I would be very surprised if they don't have one out 2016 or at the latest very early 2017. Thoughts on what Retro Studios game is?

haigh1011

iKhan

haigh1011 wrote:

@iKhan: I reckon you are spot on with these selection, I thought Pikmin 4 might have been the unannounced Wii U game (turns out its was paper mario). Its been too many years since a proper 3D Mario game and I would be very surprised if they don't have one out 2016 or at the latest very early 2017. Thoughts on what Retro Studios game is?

Given this recent update, I'd guess it's a new IP.

https://www.patreon.com/TheOneTheyCallTamaki?ty=h

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Pokemon Crystal, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Daemon X Machina Prototype Missions

haigh1011

@iKhan: I was really hoping for Diddy Kong Racing 2 but i just don't think its going to happen anymore, i'm also leaning to a new IP, hopefully its a 3D platformer

haigh1011

DjLewe78

Here's a strong possible 3rd party top 5 launch list..

1.COD bloodline
2.Beyond good and evil 2
3.FIFA 17
4.Bayonetta 3
5.Destiny 2

Obviously I've looked around online but you know what, if I could actually place a bet on launch games, I'd stick 20 bucks on that lot

1 up !

MadAnimator

1. Rogue Squadron IV
2. Mario Galaxy 3
3. Fire Emblem NX
4. Battalion Wars 3
5. Wave Race NX

MadAnimator

LetsGoChamp

A day one purchase would be Wave Race as a launch window title, this Wave Race would take elements of WR, Mario Kart 8, and include characters from the Nintendo Universe.

#LetsGoChamp says the Gamecube NX will rule them all.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic