Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 6,081 to 6,100 of 15,210

Haru17

How about Uncharted, tho? It's the closest to Zelda-quality we're going to get until, well, Zelda.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Moshugan

I love it how some people are trying to moderate their expectations by being pessimistic about the game.

I'm pretty hyped, I admit. My imaginations, along with a plethora of fan theories, fueled my Aonuma's promises, are telling me that this could be a game to truly surprise me and fill me with the awe of discovery and glee of playing, just like Ocarina of Time did when I was 11 years old.

I'm trying to be moderate with the hype.
But I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it!

Edited on by Moshugan

My Super Mario Maker 2's Maker ID: R7B-M93-5GF

Nintendo Network ID: Moshugan

Moshugan

Octane wrote:

@jump: Yes, Zelda will be playable all three days, but for anyone who isn't physically there it's just an hour of Zelda livestream on June 14.

Nice find about the calendar. But I have hard time believing that's the whole story.

NoA wrote:

"Nintendo’s kickoff to the E3 show happens at 9 a.m. PT Tuesday, June 14, when Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime introduces Nintendo Treehouse: Live, which will be dedicated to a day of live-streamed gameplay of The Legend of Zelda. This will be the world’s first in-depth look at the game, which will also include commentaries by Nintendo developers. The Legend of Zelda gameplay will be streamed from the E3 show floor via Nintendo’s channels on YouTube and Twitch, as well as on http://e3.nintendo.com. The stream will include game coverage, behind-the-scenes info and plenty of fun."

The original PR release said "a day of live-streamed gameplay". Besides, can they fit dev talk, background info and gameplay into an hour? I guess they could.

We'll see soon enough. At least an hour stream wouldn't spoil too much. ;---)

Edited on by Moshugan

My Super Mario Maker 2's Maker ID: R7B-M93-5GF

Nintendo Network ID: Moshugan

Vinny

The technologic stuff was clearly done by ancient Sheikah aliens.

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Blast

If there's fanservice in Zelda U then the hype will be real. Link walking in on Zelda spilling Lon Lon Milk on herself.... The Great Fairy in a bikini....

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

gcunit

I used to think 'fanservice' meant anything the creators put in a product as a deliberate acknowledgement of an established feature that uberfans will identify and enjoy. Now I realise it just means boobs.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

LinkSword

gcunit wrote:

I used to think 'fanservice' meant anything the creators put in a product as a deliberate acknowledgement of an established feature that uberfans will identify and enjoy. Now I realise it just means boobs.

You had the right idea. Sadly the word has long lost its better meaning for most.

LinkSword

jump

LinkSword wrote:

gcunit wrote:

You had the right idea. Sadly the word has long lost its better meaning for most.

With anime/manga it almost always means panty shots or clevage but comic and sci-fi fans use it to describe stuff like easter eggs and cameos still.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Dezzy

gcunit wrote:

I too have come to this same realisation.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Haru17

And the thread's dead again in 3, 2, 1...

Dezzy

Does anyone know if this is Nintendo's biggest game ever? In terms of budget and development time?
It's gotta be close.

What's the biggest thing they'd done up until now? Mario Galaxy 2, Xenoblade X or Skyward Sword maybe?

Haru17

Dezzy wrote:

Does anyone know if this is Nintendo's biggest game ever? In terms of budget and development time?
It's gotta be close.

What's the biggest thing they'd done up until now? Mario Galaxy 2, Xenoblade X or Skyward Sword maybe?

I don't think Skyward Sword started development in 2007 and remember it having development upheavals (changing the art style), so I don't think it's that. Depending on how it pans out, ZU could be the biggest game. It's hard to measure in time, though; ambition and scope are more useful. Twilight Princess will prove a good measuring stick in that regard.

jump

Dezzy wrote:

It's gotta be close.

You wont find anything about Ninty's game budgets as they have never revealed them, Galaxy 2 would probably cost less than Galaxy one as it was built from the ground up unlike 2.

I wouldn't rule out Mother 3 having a surprisingly high cost, it was started in 1994 for the SNES then moved to the 64DD then the 64 till finally onto the GBA and released in 2006.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

JoyBoy

Dezzy wrote:

It's gotta be close.

Well we had this rumor a while ago from someone who supposedly predicted "miiverse". And he/she said the following;

"It’s a 4-year development cycle with a new console, new technology, new engine etc. It’ll end up being the most expensive game they’ve made to date. It’s a huge investment for them [Nintendo] in money and manpower, this is Rockstar/GTA territory”.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Vinny

Less than a month now, boys. The last time we saw the game in action was December 2014 at VGA, crazy. (The 15 seconds from last year's direct don't count).

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Octane

@Vinny And it'll be at least another year until we get to play the game...

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

What you on about "at least"? They said March.

Octane

@Dezzy Where did they say that? I'm pretty sure they only said 2017.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy The March 2017 date on the press site was an error, the real date is generic 2017.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic