Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 6,041 to 6,060 of 15,210

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy: Octane has found out the stream is only an hour.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haru17

Can we step back for a minute? There's going to be an hour of Zelda U footage.

We've only gotten sub 7 minutes since, like, 2014.

Get #@$%ing HYPED.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

DefHalan

@Dezzy:

Octane wrote:

So.. the E3 livestream is an hour long.. At least we don't have to about too much spoilers then.

http://abload.de/img/googlecalendarujjak.png

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Grumblevolcano

@DefHalan: @Dezzy: Basically there's an "Add to Calendar" option on the Nintendo E3 site and using that gives you the timing that shows up in @Octane 's post (the image).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

So what does everyone think this new game mechanic will be?

Something that I would absolutely love would be a proper procedural digging mechanic, like No Man's Sky showed off recently.
Except what with it being a Zelda game, there would lots of underground places to discover. They could use that for all kinds of cool puzzles though. Like you need to redirect a stream so it fills a lake, which you can then swim across.
That's some insanely tricky math. But they've had all this time...

DefHalan wrote:

@Dezzy:

Octane wrote:

So.. the E3 livestream is an hour long.. At least we don't have to about too much spoilers then.

http://abload.de/img/googlecalendarujjak.png

Hmmmm, I dunno. This could just mean they're going to start sometime between 9 and 10. In other words, BECAUSE they're showing it all day, they might just blow a lot of time talking to break it up a bit.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@Tsurii: Had another look at the Hylian. Two things to note;

1) Hylian looks different in every game, sometimes it's a transcript of Japanese, sometimes a transcript of English.

2) The text loops for several times; my assumption was that it's just gibberish. Turns out it isn't.

There's two parts of Hylian:

Untitled
THELEGENDOFZELDATHELEGENDOFHELEG

Untitled
THELEGENDOFZELDATHELEGENDOF

The first one says 'The Legend of Zelda', but also says 'The Legend of Heleg'. Not sure if that's just gibberish or means actually something. The second part is cut off after 'of', but is followed by that Sheikah symbol on the page. Again, could mean nothing. I probably spend too much time on this already.. *sigh..

@Dezzy: It's pretty clear; It's just an hour. I would've been more surprised if it was any more than that. How much are they willing to spoil? An hour is a lot of content.

Octane

jump

Wait, so what's going with E3 then? It's just an hour of playing Zelda on a stream with a Zelda demo on the game floor and nothing else?

That actually sounds worse than constant Zelda at E3.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Octane

@jump: Yes, Zelda will be playable all three days, but for anyone who isn't physically there it's just an hour of Zelda livestream on June 14.

Octane

jump

^Did you @ me in a message and then deleted it and posted another one as I've got 2 @ notifactions from you?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Octane

@jump: I sometimes double post. Especially when I'm on my phone, the site often lags and comments don't show up properly for a good while.

Octane

jump

Octane wrote:

jump: I sometimes double post. Especially when I'm on my phone, the site often lags and comments don't show up properly for a good while.

Hmm...the Triforce is making the site lag off screen.

Nicolai wrote:

Vinny

jump wrote:

Wait, so what's going with E3 then? It's just an hour of playing Zelda on a stream with a Zelda demo on the game floor and nothing else?

That actually sounds worse than constant Zelda at E3.

The news are getting worse everyday. In the end they will just have a picture of the game's boxart glued to the wall.

"Here's all we have to show. Enjoy"

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Henmii

So if I understand correctly there isn't even a digital presentation this year, just Treehouse coverage of Zelda u. I won't watch that live, as much as I like Zelda. I'll just watch some footage that evening and read some coverage. Hopefully the demo will also be released on the e-shop for once, to ease the E3 pain (but I doubt it). I feel though that the only reason why this Zelda is at E3 (and Nintendo for that matter) is because Nintendo couldn't afford another Zelda no-show!

I wonder what portions of the game they will show. The field, of course. Maybe a dungeon, if there are any dungeons in this new Zelda at all. And of course focus on the hook. There must be a hook.

As for the story: Seeing as Starfox Zero has the same story from Star fox 64 (and Starwing), it wouldn't surprise me if this is a retelling of the first Zelda. After all, the supposed freedom is inspired by the first Zelda. And some people predict its a Reboot (a bit like Star fox Zero in that sense). We'll see.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

jtmnm

"The latest installment in the Legend of Zelda is being touted as a departure from series norms, according to Producer Eiji Aonuma, who promises 'a clean break from the conventions of previous games.'"

Untitled

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902 | Twitter:

LinkSword

JTMnM wrote:

"The latest installment in the Legend of Zelda is being touted as a departure from series norms, according to Producer Eiji Aonuma, who promises 'a clean break from the conventions of previous games.'"

Untitled

He's been saying that since forever. I'm not sure what the surprise is, or why it's necessarily a bad thing for you. Being open world e.g. is one of the aspects of that break from conventions and I think that's all sorts of awesome.

Edited on by LinkSword

LinkSword

TuVictus

he says that about every game. This one will most likely come the closest to actually living up to that statement, though.

TuVictus

Octane

@Operative: I'll believe it when I see it. After Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, I don't think this one will be too different. Just another Zelda game that is a bit different.

Octane

LinkSword

I think it'll be a remarkable leap from the formula, as well as particularly interesting to play/explore. If it's not, I fear for Nintendo's presentation during this E3. They're banking it all on the new Zelda - not just the E3 but the successful launch of NX. Now, I don't really trust Nintendo and their decisions, but I trust Aonuma. Until proven wrong I'm banking on it being mindblowingly good.

LinkSword

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic