Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 361 to 380 of 15,210

WhiteNoise17

brewsky wrote:

Henmii wrote:

I also wonder about the story. If you can play in any order that probably means less story and cutscenes. I really wonder how they will handle it. But maybe the order you chose also alters the story a bit? I'll wait and see.

Maybe the story will be more dynamic, giving you bits and pieces by doing certain things. Or perhaps story driven cutscenes will be identical no matter where you go, save for the surroundings where the cutscenes take place.

I have a feeling that this game is gonna handle story like GTA not being mission based but you're doing so much fun extra stuff like finding secrets that you'll forget there is a story like the first game( thats what it was like for me anyway) I'm just really curious about how the temples/dungeons will turn out because I believe some one said the forest temple was the size of hyrule field from OoT? and I'm hoping the water temple will have some of that stuff you play games for you know fun.

Edited on by WhiteNoise17

Capcom at E3: Guys we're sorry about how we've been treating Mega Man so we're gonna make it up to you by releasing the Mega Man Cancelled Collection with all the titles we cancelled in the condition they we're in just before we pulled the plug. Now who wants Street Fighter X Monster Hunter?

Yoshi

Hmmm...the forest temple as big as Hyrule Field in OoT? That's actually not that big. Give me Twilight Princess' Hyrule Field and then we're talking.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

WhiteNoise17

I don't know that seems a little to big and would probably be a pain to get around. Unless it had a spinner mechanic or you could take your horse in the dungeons and use it for puzzles which would be awesome.

Capcom at E3: Guys we're sorry about how we've been treating Mega Man so we're gonna make it up to you by releasing the Mega Man Cancelled Collection with all the titles we cancelled in the condition they we're in just before we pulled the plug. Now who wants Street Fighter X Monster Hunter?

Dreamz

Honestly, I'm really hoping that it's story-lite like the original NES game. No hour long story foundation build, no hours worth of cutscenes. Just (Start Game) > Here's a sword, go save Hyrule. Where are you supposed to go? Don't ask me, I'm just a weird old hermit in a cave.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

Kewlan

Dreamz wrote:

Just (Start Game) > Here's a sword, go save Hyrule.

But the character in the trailer didn't have a sword, just a bow...
ZELDA CONFURMD!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Usagi-san

Kewlan wrote:

Dreamz wrote:

Just (Start Game) > Here's a sword, go save Hyrule.

ZELDA CONFURMD!

But he does have a sword....

"I never swear, my lord, I say yes or no; and, as I am a gentleman, I keep my word." - D'artagnan in Twenty Years After

19Robb92

Kewlan wrote:

Link had both a sword and shield in the trailer. They were both on the horse.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Kewlan

I only saw a shield, and so did GameXplain... where can I see it?

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

19Robb92

Kewlan wrote:

I only saw a shield, and so did GameXplain... where can I see it?

Right next to/beneath the backpack.
Untitled

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Kewlan

19Robb92 wrote:

Right next to/beneath the backpack.
-image-

GAH! You're right!
Female Link confurmd!

Jazzer94 wrote:

@Kewlan There was a Sword I saw it like the second time I watched the trailer.
-video-

Someone even made a video specifically showing it? ._.

Edited on by Kewlan

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

HappyHappyist

Wow, Gamexplain is usually pretty good about finding minor details, pretty funny how they missed that

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

WhiteNoise17

I hope there is a new instrument in this game too just because they use it really well in the series well sometimes they don't (Spirit Tracks) but having and ocarina, a guitar, or some other not so popular instrument would be great and some sidequests relating to it.

CaviarMeths

The ocarina was ideal because of its small size. Anything larger than that isn't very portable.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Spoony_Tech

CaviarMeths wrote:

The ocarina was ideal because of its small size. Anything larger than that isn't very portable.

Well it's not like we will be putting it in our virtual pocket.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

WhiteNoise17

CaviarMeths wrote:

Dude Link has carried around bombs, multiple swords and a whole arsenal of crap he can carry around other things or since it looks like storing things on your stead is a new feature he could just put it there. It could be anything except for something like a tuba or trumpet that would be weird.

Edited on by WhiteNoise17

Yoshi

Animal Crossing meets Zelda?

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Kewlan

brewsky wrote:

Animal Crossing meets Zelda?

That's certainly something that sounds interesting.
Apart from clearing dungeons and finding heart pieces, doing other things such as completing certain tasks to upgrade your equipment would be cool. Skyward Sword did that, and I really liked that, but I think it can be done in a more interesting way.

Also, in the trailer Epona, or just the horse, were carrying lots of stuff which it hasn't in previous games, if I'm correct. Maybe that's a hint to something related to collecting stuff?

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

WhiteNoise17

Kewlan wrote:

doing other things such as completing certain tasks to upgrade your equipment would be cool. Skyward Sword did that, and I really liked that, but I think it can be done in a more interesting way.

Also, in the trailer Epona, or just the horse, were carrying lots of stuff which it hasn't in previous games, if I'm correct. Maybe that's a hint to something related to collecting stuff?

Yeah adding a blacksmith to the game would be awesome but the way smithing works should change with no durability bar or dulls after 100 strikes mechanic make it like ALBW and the sword/weapons just get upgrades and until they are upgraded again they stay where the stats they have indefinitely and the horse did show of shome interesting things like what looked to be a sleeping bag or tarp makes you think just how much your inventory will be this time around hopefully bigger than any game so far.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic