Forums

Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 1,231

Deathwalka

@Zuljaras tbf my whole experience on the switch has felt different, better, more immersive. I have not played that quest yet so looking forward to it.

Deathwalka

LuckyLand

I don't like Dawnguard because

(I tried to use SPOILER tags but it just doesn't work for me, I don't know why, I'll leave many spaces instead I hope it's ok - ok now it seems it works fine lol)

the most obvious thing to do would have been to kill Serana immediately and it is exactly the thing that the game prevent you to do without even giving you a valid reason. You can't kill Serana but even if you overpower her she just don't notice it and don't care about it. You are even forced to babysit her throughout the quest. I joined Dawnguard, I am already bothered enough that you (the developer) force me to not kill a vampire and join forces with her because if I join Dawnguard it is obvious that I want to kill vampires, if you really want to make me to join a vampire at least give me valid reasons to do so, explain it with good dialogues. Instead of good dialogues, Serana just speak like she ignores that you are devoted to kill vampires and you are forced to speak like you ignored that she is a vampire.
It's so stupid! Come on, even I knew she was a vampire immediately when I saw her and I didn't even noticed by myself that Sybylle Stentor had something suspicious!

I prefer Dragonborn, it is not great but it is at least ok for me. I like how Apocrypha looks, but I don't like the fact that it is just an empty place with nothing to do except kill some monsters here and there.

Edited on by LuckyLand

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Haru17

Sir_Anthony wrote:

Also riding dragons gotta be the most lacking and underwhelming feature added to a game ever.

The Witcher 3 got beard hairstyles that stopped the game's beard growth.

Open mouth, insert beard.

But anyway, yeah, Dawnguard is one of my favorite RPG things that exists, and I loved how it tied into the lore of the base game. The Soul Cairn was fun, but the atmosphere of that main dungeon is untouchable to me. Or at the least has yet to be touched.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

KirbyTheVampire

Dawnguard was great. I don't really understand why people thought Dragonborn was so much better. Solstheim is great, and there were tons of great moments and cool stuff scattered across it, especially for those who had played Morrowind back in the day, but I don't think it was much better than Dawnguard, if at all, depending on your tastes. They were pretty equal for me, but I think I ultimately preferred Dawnguard.

KirbyTheVampire

Axecalos

I m playing Skyrim more than 95 hours on Switch, i was really enjoy this game with Switch but last couple of hours especially while i m in open area fps drop for slip second. It repeat every 30 40 per second.

Is that normal? During 95 hours i explore dungeons some villages but i never see that type of problem.

anybody feel that?

Nintedo Switch

Mario Kart 8 - Splatoon 2 - NBA2K18 - Doom - Skyrim - Zelda BOTW - Stardew Valley

3DS Friend Code: 8518-7114-7313 | Nintendo Network ID: axecalos | Twitter:

SKTTR

@Axecalos - does it still happen after you save the game and shut down the console (hold power button for 15~20 seconds) and then reboot the game?

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Axecalos

@SKTTR ı save game, shut down console and hold 20 seconds to power button and reboot switch.

And the result is quite well for now.. I donno how it work but thank you dude..

Nintedo Switch

Mario Kart 8 - Splatoon 2 - NBA2K18 - Doom - Skyrim - Zelda BOTW - Stardew Valley

3DS Friend Code: 8518-7114-7313 | Nintendo Network ID: axecalos | Twitter:

darkswabber

Question for any veteran skyrim player that might know (I’m a day 1 2011 veteran too but never used magic before)
I just got every school of magic level 100 and I want to build the library add on in one of my haerthfire homes and fill it with every available spell tome. After doing all ritual quest is it possible to buy all spell tomes at the college of winterhold or are there spell tomes exclusive to specific merchants? If so wich merchants sell spell tomes that the college doesn’t sell? (Dlc spells like telekinesis and equilibrium are sold at the college)

darkswabber

Twitter:

LuckyLand

There are some spell books that are not even available for purchase. You can find a very convenient one in a cave near Whiterun for example.
If you want to know where to find all the books you can search on the web in sites like UESP under the spell tomes category

Edited on by LuckyLand

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

maruse

First, sorry if this has been asked before but I don't have the will to read more than 600 post to find out...

Is it possible to have different games with different characters at the same time?

I started with a character and played a little and I tried to start a new game but while keeping my previous character but instead the game deleted that previous character... So, now that I have spent more than 35 hours with this character and I'm scared of trying again and losing it...

Maybe I did it wrong the first time... Can someone confirm?

Nickname/user name: マノロ

Switch Friend Code: SW-0173-2422-2348 | Nintendo Network ID: maruse

Haru17

@maruse Skyrim has a manual save system. I have no experience with the Switch version but, assuming it's the same as all the others, the only saves the game deletes on its own are autosaves or quicksaves. Start a new game and manually save in a new slot and you should see a new character name appear in the save file menu with all of that character's saves.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

maruse

@Haru17 Thank you!
That's what I did the first time... or at least I think I saved in a new slot but the old save was overwritten anyway.

darkswabber

@maruse did you use normal “save” option or the “quicksave” option? Since there can only be 1 quicksavefile at the same time and only 4 autosavefiles at the same time.

darkswabber

Twitter:

RasandeRose

@maruse Use another Nintendo account if u want multiple save files.

RasandeRose

maruse

@RasandeRose Is that a confirmation that you can only have one game running at a time? If it's so, then I'll just forget about it for the time being. I'm not creating several accounts just to play the same game with different characters.

maruse

@darkswabber I think I used the "save" option, but now I can't be sure. I think I'll skip playing a new game until I'm done with my current one, and then I'll try again. I'm not risking all the hours I've already spent with my current game.

JaxonH

Creating 3 accounts is something all people should do anyways.

One for North America, one for Europe, and one for Japan.

Then you will be able to buy any game from any region, and games which only provide one save file per account, you will have three total save files.

I can play Zelda BotW again without starting over, by simply starting the game under my EU or JP account. It's so worth it.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

maruse

@DarthNocturnal Thank you, I'll try again when I'm done with mu current game.

BigBadJohn

Just got this for Christmas and I have to say it’s really good. Only problem is I’ve spent about 3 hours trying to climb a mountain to see some beardy blokes but every time I get close I find I’m stuck behind an unclimbable cliff. So frustrated, link would have been up it in minutes.

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic