Forums

Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 1,231

SKTTR

Can you fly in this game, like, by a floating spell/skill or by taming a dragon?

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

darkswabber

@SKTTR the dragonborn expansion gives you a controllable flyable dragon.

@BigBadJohn you have to go to a village and than go up the mountain following the road. Hint, use clairvoyance.

darkswabber

Twitter:

ThomGee

I got this for Christmas, but I haven't tried it yet. I really hope I like it.

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

BigBadJohn

@darkswabber All I’ve done so far is kill a dragon and wander around stealing clothes from the corpses of bandits. Not really done any magic yet.

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

KirbyTheVampire

@BigBadJohn Just keep traveling sideways when you get to points like that and eventually you'll find a spot that isn't so steep. Every mountain has a couple trails going up it though, so you could just look for that. (The one for that mountain is in Ivarstead.

KirbyTheVampire

Old_Goat_Ninja

Finally caved and bought this. I have multiple copies already on multiple platforms. Told myself I wouldn't get the Switch version, but, well, here I am lol. Should keep me busy for a couple months on lunch breaks at work.

So far it's pretty good. I've only played in handheld, but in that mode it holds up well to other versions. Button layout is different, which is annoying, but overall, pretty good on the Switch.

Switch: SW-8029-5307-6701
PSN: Old_Goat_Ninja
XBL: Old Goat Ninja
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OldGoatNinja

darkswabber

@Old_Goat_Ninja I also own multiple copies (switch is my fourth) and I can easily say that my switch playthrough was the most fun. And I got my pc copy 2 weeks before official launch so I played it when it was still hyped. (although I couldn’t play it as steam locked it due to it not being out yet.)

darkswabber

Twitter:

GrailUK

I played Skyrim (and finished it recently) for the first time on Switch and loved it. Hope we see Oblivion and Morrowind one day.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

LuckyLand

In handheld it feels like EXACTLY the same as on the computer (I don't use mods on PC). On the big screen you clearly norice it is not exactly the same but overall it is still very good. Also in my experience graphic glitches occurs less frequently on Switch but the game crashes more often - not too often but on Pc it crashed only two times in many years, on Switch it crashed three times since its launch

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Old_Goat_Ninja

@darkswabber Awesome. So far so good on Switch.

@LuckyLand Good to know. I'll probably never play it on the big screen. No point really since I already have it on other consoles. This version is strictly for work haha.

JammyTWOsugars

Cannot put this down after playing on 360 a while back.

I think its a very good port and this may be overstating by some peoples opion but I think the visuals are at times, stunning. For example looking over the landscape at dawn.

Consoles: Nintendo Switch and New Nintendo 3ds

Tasuki

Just picked this up last night. Looking to start it this weekend. I tried it on 360 years ago but at the time I couldn't get into it. I am thinking that the portable factor will help me stick with it.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Old_Goat_Ninja

@Tasuki Funny you say that. My first copy was for 360 when it first came out, and I actually didn't like the game at all. I was mad I spent $60 on it. After about a month I was bored and decided to try again. 2nd time was different for some reason and I got hooked. I ended up playing through multiple times for like 3 months straight, then when remastered came out for PS4, I got it again and loved it all over again. Not sure why I didn't like it the first time, but I love it now. One of my all time favorite games.

Biff_ARMStrong

I've been playing this qame for a couple weeks now. I've beaten the main story and and Dawnguard storyline. The game of course plays very well with only the occasional sound glitching.

Biff_ARMStrong

BFGG

Switch version has bugs. I personally just got the No One Escapes Cidhna or whatever Mine and Alduin’s Bane taking away the Elder Scrolls inside inventory (I had all 3). Somehow corrupted all my earlier saves too so when I load a save from before even visiting Marcarth they are still not inside inventory.

BFGG

Haru17

Check the College library. You might have sold them there and, if you did, you can buy them back.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

darkswabber

@Haru17 you can’t sell the elder scrolls to him once you’ve required your second scroll. Althought dawngaurd adds a new person to sell them to once the expansion is finished.

darkswabber

Twitter:

Outdoors1987

Does anyone know if the Slow Time shout works properly or if it's still nerfed? Thanks

Outdoors1987

JasmineDragon

I finally had the money to pick this up yesterday and started playing as a Khajit despite my kids telling me not to be a furry. (Shut up, kids, cat people rule!) The game looks great, vegetation is definitely nicer looking than what I remember from playing on the PC and it is running beautifully.

Only played for a few hours so far, but I'm thinking this looks like my next addiction.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

JoakimZ

@Old_Goat_Ninja I haven’t played the Switch version yet, but are planning to. But I got a little worried when I saw your comment that the button layout is different. I’m so used to playing this on Xbox 360 and Xbox One that I honestly don’t know if I would handle it if they changed too much in the layout. What did they change, and can you customize the controls in some options menu?

JoakimZ

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0335-6096 | Nintendo Network ID: JoakimZ

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic