Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 3,441 to 3,460 of 4,508

Grumblevolcano

I'm going to make predictions about timings for Fighters Pass 2:

• Character 1 - Announced in first general Direct of 2020, released in April 2020
  • Character 2 - Announced at E3 2020, released in August 2020
  • Character 3 - Announced in September 2020 Direct, released in November 2020
  • Character 4 - Announced in first general Direct of 2021, released in March 2021
  • Character 5 - Announced at E3 2021, released in July 2021
  • Character 6 - Announced in September 2021 Direct, released in November 2021

E3 and September Directs seem to be things that definitely happen meanwhile the big info blowout at the beginning of the year is very varied in terms of when it happens.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SKTTR

Don't forget to add the 4 new Kunio-kun / River City spirits to your collection - out NOW - before it's too late.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Atomic77

I think it would be cool if they would use characters from Star Wars like Rey and Kylo Ren and babu frick.

Atomic77
Nintendo Switch OLED Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Edition Gamer

Grumblevolcano

NoE lists Byleth as releasing on 29th January so it's a case of evening 28th in the US, early morning 29th for UK, etc.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TOUGHDUDE94

Hurry up with the character I have stuff to do

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

SKTTR

Byleth is out + 14 new Fire Emblem: Three Houses spirits.

Edited on by SKTTR

Randomname19

I'm disappointed by Byleth's stage.All the 3 sections of it are just mostly flat stages.But it looks amazing,so i was excited to see it in VR.Well,that was disappointing too since the stage barely works in VR.If i try to look around in any direction,the screen fades to black,i had to stay still and just look at the front(not so bad,but could have been better).

Edited on by Randomname19

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

link3710

Well, I was already at peace ever since we got K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie was just the icing on the cake. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd love for Isaac or Dixie Kong to make it in finally, but I'll be fine if this is the end, even if I don't like any of the characters (which is... unlikely)

link3710

Grumblevolcano

The Resident Evil and Pokemon Sword/Shield spirits are now available by normal means (shop and spirit board without the presence of spirit event).

Grumblevolcano

SKTTR

A new spirit from the Warframe series is coming to Switch on Friday. Who had seen that one coming?

@Grumblevolcano Thanks for this news. I just grabbed the 4 Pokémon spirits I missed and now have a complete spirit collection again. They're all on Lv.99 as well, except for the 2 new Pokémon I just got (the other two can't be leveled.)

@Rexenokid There are no credible sources. There are some facts that move certain characters to a better position than others but that's it.

Edited on by SKTTR

SKTTR

The enhancable Lotus spirit from Warframe is out today at 7am and it appears 1am, 7am, 1pm, and 7pm on the spirit board. I've never seen a spirit with such specific times. Collectors have to beat/get Lotus twice! Don't miss it!

Edited on by SKTTR

Grumblevolcano

@SKTTR Some of the early spirit board exclusive spirits were like that like the Mario Party ones.

Grumblevolcano

SKTTR

@Grumblevolcano Did they also appear only 4 times a day?

However, it seems Lotus can also appear randomly, as it's also listed under the Random Appearance category.

@Rexenokid Wait, actually there was a leak. Sakurai showed a new Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Screenshot / Picture of the Day. And a new stage is on it: A Super Smash Bros. Ultimate version of SSB4's Battlefield.
It could be a stage update, or DLC, or the new stage for a Fighters Pass 2 DLC character - but what fighter would fit a SSB4 battlefield character?
This guy has some info on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdBS_V5mRfo

Edited on by SKTTR

SKTTR

Sakurai: "Yesterday I posted a pic showing what looks like an old version of Battlefield. This was a dev stage we used to check how the game's fighter models would look using a common light source, etc. You won't find this in the final version of the game."

Edited on by SKTTR

Grumblevolcano

@SKTTR For Smash 4 DLC there was a gap in between the 2 waves of fighter DLC when returning stages appeared, could be similar here (Smash 4 DLC = Smash Ultimate DLC equivalent):

Mewtwo = Piranha Plant
Lucas, Roy, Ryu, Suzaku Castle stage = Fighters Pass 1
Dream Land 64, Hyrule Castle 64, Peach's Castle 64, Pirate Ship, Super Mario Maker = Remaining returning stages and a BotW 2 stage?
Cloud, Corrin, Bayonetta, Midgar stage, Umbra Clock Tower stage = Fighters Pass 2

Grumblevolcano

SKTTR

I leveled up the Lotus spirit to its enhanced form, and it turns out it's NOT the Warframe posterboy Excalibur, but Natah, a megaspoiler Warframe character (that makes way more sense for Lotus anyway).

Though with no sign of Excalibur in Smash, he could be a new fighter in Fighters Pass 2, or, since warframes are literally just armors/costumes, Excalibur would be perfect for being a new Mii outfit.

I'm just saying, because Lotus isn't the most popular or well-known Warframe character - at least in the west, but maybe it is in Japan.

Grumblevolcano

I'm changing my fighters pass predictions, I think we'll get:
1. Crash Bandicoot (acts as increasing hype for a new Crash game that's timed exclusive on PS5)
2. Gen 8 Pokemon (acts as increasing hype for Sword/Shield DLC)
3. Master Chief (acts as increasing hype for Infinite, Game Pass/xCloud comes to Switch at some point)
4. Monster Hunter (acts as increasing hype for a newly announced Monster Hunter game)
5. Ezio (Altair was a Mii costume and Ezio is the most iconic assassin from the Assassin's Creed franchise)
6. Rex & Pyra (ends the DLC where it began, a Rex Mii costume started the first fighters pass because XC2 released too late to be considered for the base roster)

Grumblevolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano If Ezio was coming, I feel like the Altair costume would've been held back for that. Honestly, with Rabbids and Altair deconfirmed, their most iconic characters with Nintendo ties are Rayman and the Prince. And Ubi likes to pretend Prince of Persia doesn't exist, so I'm wagering Rayman will be in this lot.

link3710

SKTTR

How would a good Rayman amiibo look like (if he hadn't been deconfirmed right from the start)?

Edited on by SKTTR

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic