Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 3,421 to 3,440 of 3,658

Charlie_Girl

@Tsurii @Ralizah
how do you get the difficulty to reach 9.9? my record is 9.4.

I'll be your 1up girl

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933 | My Nintendo: CharlieSmile | Nintendo Network ID: CharlieSmile

Ralizah

@CharlieSmile The meter seems to go higher if you perform especially well in matches, such as smashing enemies quickly, or completing matches while taking little to no damage. You can obtain gains of at least as much as 0.9 in one match. So, do that a time or two, don't get knocked out (or use a classic ticket, if you have to), and it shouldn't be too difficult to reach 9.9.

(I say, having not actually reached it yet )

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

AlohaPizzaJack

I think I’ve had one jump 1.3 before. But I could be nuts. I’ve gotten quite a few “Perfect!” marks, and those jump way up. I’ve only done a 9.9 with Ganondorf, and the last fight before the Race/Hands got me from 9.4 to 9.9.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Benjoo

Hey All,

I played the life out of smash 64 back in the day and never really given the newer versions a chance until ultimate. After playing around with it and learning the mechanics of the game I've come to the conclusion of a few things.

I enjoy the online more so than WoL. And I only play 1v1 no items.

I find WoL quite overwhelming in terms of what spirits do and builds etc, not really much thought goes into to it. Heck most of my time I'm just auto selecting my team.

I really dislike the amount of items in this game.

So my question is. Is there anything you guys might think I am missing with regards to getting more out this game?

Thanks.

Benjoo

jump

This is maddening! I'm on 99.83% completion on World of Light and I've backed tracked across the entire world multiple times now and can't find anymore spirits.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Grumblevolcano

@jump Have you gotten all 3 endings? If not, that's where the rest of the completion is.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@jump There's a glitch in one of the areas that marks it as cleared even if you missed a spirit there. I think it might be the one in the top left corner in WoL, the temple.

link3710

Euler

@Benjoo World of Light is a lot more fun (and easier) if you pick your own team rather than using auto-select, which tends to be pretty random and useless. Try to train at least one primary spirit of each type (grab/attack/defend/neutral) to level-99 (especially high-rank spirits and spirits that say "enhanceable" on them). Also look at your skill tree and try to figure out what would be most useful (double final smash and fast-charging final-smash meter are good ones to work toward when you're starting out). As you progress you'll unlock a gym for training spirits as well as expeditions where the spirits can search for useful items (as well as increase their levels).

It's a lot to take in at first, and it's hard to give specific advice without looking at individual battles, but it's quite enjoyable once you get the hang of it. It kind of reminds me of Pokemon, in that you have to level-up/battle/capture/evolve your various spirits.

Euler

Charlie_Girl

what are some good general tips for a Kirby main?
I'm pretty good playing friendly matches and playing online, but I keep getting my butt handed to me at tournaments.

I'll be your 1up girl

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933 | My Nintendo: CharlieSmile | Nintendo Network ID: CharlieSmile

Tsurii

Hope I'm not just being stupid/blind AF but..are there no fighter spirits in the final area of Adventure Mode? Talking about that final battle between light and dark

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Grumblevolcano

@Tsurii There's 4 fighters in the final area, 2 are visible from the start and 2 are revealed when you complete certain battles in that area.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Venus_Adept

Im using the mekkon spirit of xc that become the fighter big and metallic , only have 1 slot and i put in there the ugly palutena that increase the time of transformations. After use this combo one time the game automatically shows the credits because it know you are unable to lose.😎

Venus_Adept

AlohaPizzaJack

@Venus_Adept does the transformation time indeed stack on the ‘start metal’ and ‘start giant’ stuff? I wondered, but never tried

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Venus_Adept

@JackEatsSparrows oh yeah man. Even when you touch y button on the metal face spirit (i think thats the name i just call it mekkon) the game suggest you tu use the uggly palutena one. I think this by itself could be taken as a proof.

Venus_Adept

SKTTR

Is there really not a single song from Xenoblade Chronicles X in the game? I have 11 Xenoblade tracks in the audio section. Is that all there is? It seems odd to have eight Xenoblade Chronicles tracks and three Xenoblade Chronicles 2 tracks, but not a single track from Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Since knowing that characters come with their own set of music tracks, is there still hope for a Xenoblade Chronicles X character? Elma, Lin, Lao, and Tatsu (and the Skell Formel) are already spirits. Unfortunately it looks like Elma's out, so is there a possibility for one of the other characters to be a DLC fighter? I don't think anyone is more important in Xeno X than Elma, Lin, Lao, and Tatsu except the playable main character/avatar Cross. He/she could still make a surprise appearance, right? He/she would have to be hugely variable in his 8 alts, maybe having 8 of the nicest sets of armor? The game had tons of different sets of awesome-looking armor! (The same would also apply for a Monster Hunter avatar and a Dragon Quest avatar DLC fighter).

Or are there indeed Xenoblade X tracks in the game that I just haven't unlocked yet?

I haven't unlocked any Chibi-Robo music as well, but with a Chibi-Robo spirit, a Super-Chibi-Robo spirit, a Telly spirit, and a Drake Redcrest spirit, there doesn't seem to be room for any other major Chibi-Robo character except for the Family Sanderson. But that would be hilarious. ^^

I've noticed another under-representation. While many new Switch games like Splatoon 2, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, ARMS, Sushi Striker, and Snipperclips are represented, Labo is totally absent. Does that mean, Labo Man is coming to Smash?

Edited on by SKTTR

backloggery.com/SKTTR

Grumblevolcano

@SKTTR The XC1 songs from Wii U and 3 XC2 songs are the only Xenoblade songs in Smash. Chances of Xenoblade fighter DLC seems very low if spirits are an indication, best hope for XCX music would probably be XCX port coming to Switch and a standalone stage being released to promote it like the Super Mario Maker stage in 2015.

Grumblevolcano

Charlie_Girl

@SKTTR I legit want to see Robot Kit be a DLC fighter now, thanks.

I'll be your 1up girl

SonicMos

Just a question, when I looked at the kid Dracula spirit in the shop, it showed the Castlevania logo. Kid Dracula is from kid Dracula, and even on the stage it says kid dracula's shadow is the only thing on the stage that appears that isn't from the series. Even on the spirit fight it shows that it is from kid dracula

Edited on by SonicMos

SonicMos

Switch Friend Code: sw-5474-8323-2325

Lemmy_the_Koopa

SonicMos wrote:

Just a question, when I looked at the kid Dracula spirit in the shop, it showed the Castlevania logo. Kid Dracula is from kid Dracula, and even on the stage it says kid dracula's shadow is the only thing on the stage that appears that isn't from the series. Even on the spirit fight it shows that it is from kid dracula

Kid Dracula (悪魔城すぺしゃる ぼくドラキュラくん Akumajō Supesharu: Boku Dorakyura-kun, Demon Castle Special: I'm Kid Dracula") is a comical gothic-themed platform game video game, and a spinoff to Castlevania. It is simultaneously a remake and a sequel to the 1990 Famicom game Akumajō Special: Boku Dracula-kun (悪魔城すぺしゃる ぼくドラキュラくん, literally "Demon Castle Special: Kid Dracula") which was released in Japan only. Konami released the title for the Game Boy in 1993 in Japan and North America.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kid_Dracula

My hot take is, that that the assignment happened in the japanese version ad they never changed it for the international releases.

Lemmy_the_Koopa

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic