Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker 2

Posts 261 to 280 of 385

Laoak

Can we just admire how the toad's blame the Chief for EVERYTHING

{funny quote here}

LavaTwilight

So here's my first upload. 9R2 YWP 80G
My family actually designed this course, I just helped it gel together. I always play the courses of people who play mine so I would really appreciate people taking a look.

Mario Maker ID - 4XR BYS 5PF

My Nintendo: Mikee | Nintendo Network ID: LavaTwilight

JaxonH

I'm struggling to embrace my creative side here like I did with the original.

I may recreate my Wii U courses and tweak them a bit, upload just to get some stars on the board, and hopefully find my inspiration again

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Lroy

My son and I have been enjoying this game a lot. We’re creating levels for each other to play and it’s nice to see little comments from each other when we each then boot the game up.

I like the community feel of following other folks from Adult Switch Gamers Discord or here in the game - a great feature Nintendo 👍 - making it easier to find their levels and play them, like them, comment. Hopefully, the notification settings can allow for you to be notified as and when the people you follow upload new creations.

Had a quick try of the story mode, seems very well done. Instructive and fun to play. Online multiplayer with friends would be a definite boon but playing couch co-op has already been a blast.

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Quarth

I love this game so far!

How do I make mushrooms and other stuff appear out of the question mark-boxes?

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

CurryPowderKeg79

Does anyone know if the 12 month NOL code that comes with the bundle will add 12 more months to my existing NOL membership? Or if i will lose 3 months if i use it now because the membership i already have doesn't expire till November.

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9: LEGENDS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

Mordridakon

Question: Do you only get one side area? If that's true, is the only way to make multiple room is to divide up the side areas with walls big enough you can't see the other rooms you're building?

Mordridakon

CurryPowderKeg79

Thanks @Grumblevolcano after reading your post i bought it. I got it for $59.99 free shipping so i got the 12 month NOL code for free, couldn't pass it up. Thanks again

Edited on by CurryPowderKeg79

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9: LEGENDS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

rallydefault

It took me a few minutes to figure out those darn cranes lol (not the ones YOU jump in and swing from, but the ones that are usually out of reach and pick up other stuff that must drop at certain points)

rallydefault

Gridatttack

@Timbox Nice level! Didn't find any major problems with it (except at the start, like how is one supposed to get the mushroom?) Reminded me of some of The Lost Levels challenge with the night time and the fire bars.

@Bolt_Strike well, your level was interesting, but it suffers most of the pitfalls a snake block level would have (Not enough obstacles to interact/avoid). Say for example, in the last part to walljump between the two... it can be avoided by just riding the first part of the snake block. I remember I tried this on a NSMB custom level long ago, but someone pointed these problems. I fixed that by using spike stiles where the snake block goes to force people to walljump, but I'm not sure if it's possible to overlap the path of the snake blocks with a solid tile, as that could prevent that and force people to play the intended way.

It has some ideas here and there, but I feel the execution could be better, (Also needs a checkpoint, and perhaps a bit of decoration/hazards since it feels the level is really empty) but overall, cool level!

@Kreedy I liked the whole ice spikes themed for the level, but I think it could use some more polish to make it more consistent. Like for example, on the first part, the spike blocks are really just... there and looks out of place (and provide another unnecessary difficulty, since the jumping is alreayd strict without them) I did not manage to beat it, so not sure how long it is, but same as above, I feel it should have a checkpoint(s) too.

My main problem with this is the enemy positions. Say for example, at the start, there's a spiny which doesn't really do... anything (the user will be busy hitting the ? blocks and the spiny would have fall by then) Same with the angry sun. Due to the level being elevated, the angry sun doesn't really poses much of a threat (I didn't touched it even when I was "speed running"the first part of the level.) Next up is the random goomba that falls from above, on the section with the first difficult/tricky bullet bill jump. I was getting a hang of zooming through that section of the level, but many times I tried to do the jump first time, I got a cheap hit from the goomba...)
Still, interesting levels with a condensed theme going around.

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

Gridatttack

@LavaTwilight Nice level! Has the whole SMB1 feel just right! I can actually see this stage being ported to the original game.

@Mordridakon Yes. I recommend using the vertical level if you want to have multiple small bonus rooms.

On a side note, I can't believe there's no "upgrade" powerup. Like, a flower/leaf/feather that only appears if you're super mario.

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

p0pachery

Looking for people to play my level.
This level needs some love.

ID: 1Y1-L1G-3SF
Name: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Style: SMW
Difficulty: probably expert but not super expert. Once you get used to the underground night theme it gets a bit easier.

Pretty easy over world, but things get a bit trickier once you get to the sub world.
Any feedback or constructive criticism is welcome. I'm also totally up for trading plays, so shoot me a reply with your level ID if you want me to play your level later.

Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: N4K-5S8-MTF (Timmay 14)

funnyman420

@Heavyarms55 Having levels like that just makes it WAY easier on the developer. With powerups, you can use invincibility frames to cheese certain parts as I rediscovered in a recent versus match O_O. Also, I like those kinds of levels anyway .

This is like, kind of a big deal but... I'm seeing a LOT less hot garbage, inexperienced makers, and just unprofessional bad levels in general compared to the first game. Heck, people are even properly capitalizing the titles of their courses! Isn't it great?

shut

Laoak

I swear one of the story mode levels (a ghost house) was inspired by a level on the original

{funny quote here}

alexybubble

@Morpheel What? If you are talking about the giga mushroom, that was in mm1 by using the 8-bit mario amiibo.

alexybubble

Undead_terror

I'm thinking most of my levels might just be boss fights, my second level which is called Trio of the underground's pets: 51Y-4VJ-TFG

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic