Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 4,301 to 4,320 of 5,014

-Green-

You know. I hope they nerf the splash damage radius of blasters next patch. It's pretty crazy atm, especially with how meta dominant blasters are. Just decrease the radius, not the damage or anything like that.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Skid

@Maxz Yeah, I just forgot about that.

@-Green- I'd rather they increase the ink consumption by a lot more, maaaaybe the radius. (I just realized I read the first sentence wrong and now the second sentence makes sense to me.) The only mode I have a real problem with them is tower control. Any other mode I can usually see them coming and plan accordingly, unless I'm triggered or have tunnel vision at the time. TC though... I usually stay off the tower and try to help by sharking blasters for the tower rider... if anyone would ever get on

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

Maxz

I think the Blasters already have such poor painting ability and ink consumption that reducing it further would be adding insult to injury. But I agree that requiring a little more accuracy wouldn't be a bad thing. Either by reducing the splash damage radius outright, or by gradating it so there are (for example) three layers or damage around the blast, with the furtherst from the centre being toned down.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Pazzo-TheFool

As an unashamed Clash Blaster TC player, please keep my weapon as-is.

I have a hard enough time with anything mid-range right now.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Skid

@Pazzo-ZaFool Don't be ashamed. Blasters get too much hate. The only reason they seem broken is because of tower control.
Outside of TC, to handle a blaster just realize they are going to try to hold one area of the map or are going to be a slayer(be super aggressive and push your spawn).Check your map and use what your set has to take advantage of them. The only real sets that should avoid blasters are ones that don't out range them and have ink mines or squid beakons.

Switch

Pazzo-TheFool

@NapalmPsalm Very true.

Even in TC the way to deal with them is simply rushing them. Most don't have great close range games.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

-Green-

Really cool concept art.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see some of these styles become official in the future considering that some were added in the holiday patch.

-Green-

Tenta Brella is probably up their for the most support based weapon in the game. From its kit to playstyle.

It's a really fun weapon to play. Makes the player feel invincible at times

NinjaAceTrainer

@-Green- Agreed. It can really help to dominate in Clam Blitz and Rainmaker. And it is the untouchable king of narrow corriders.

Just your everday ninja, who may also be an ace trainer.

Skid

@-Green- @NinjaAceTrainer I've been switching to it in those modes too. Only weapon where I feel like a can either support or push the object.

Switch

-Green-

I wonder if we'll get a patch this month. I hope we do. If for nothing else, other then to buff some weaker weapons.

Grumblevolcano

It's confirmed that Wahoo World is releasing alongside the new weapons.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

meleebrawler

That buff to the Tenta's shield-launch time really let it shine, now you can easily fire and forget it as cover for you or your teammates while you go about your beakon-planting business, or launch a deadly pincer attack. And it earns you tons of special points as moves and creates a huge trail, not unlike a Scrapper, letting you fire off a ton of explosive bubbles over the course of a match too. (For a fun time, shoot your shield into a bubble to make it more robust.)

Personally I prefer it in Splat Zones since the slow reaction speed of the weapon leaves something to be desired in the rapidly fluctuating Rainmaker and Clam Blitz. For the latter, I've actually found the Toxic Mist sub to be highly useful on defence; many players use brushes to zoom around grabbing clams and shooting before the other team can react or aim properly, but a well-placed mist stops them dead.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

NinjaAceTrainer

Is anyone else seeing weird bold text in this thread? And does anyone know why?

EDIT: It's still on past posts, but for some reason this post isn't bold.

Edited on by NinjaAceTrainer

Just your everday ninja, who may also be an ace trainer.

Skid

@meleebrawler I prefer toxic mist for tower control. I still want them to update it like they did to some of the other subs or abilities. I really want it to where if you use toxic mist on a teammate it will have the opposite affect it has on the other team, just to a lesser extent.

If I'm not using tenta in RM or CB then I'm using something with splashwall (usually the glooga alternative) since it will redirect paths and block shots.

Switch

-Green-

Carbon Roller Deco is gonna be so much fun to play. It has an amazing kit and it’s not as bs as it was in Splatoon.

Skid

@-Green- Burst bomb alone makes this a dangerous kit. Can't wait!

Switch

-Green-

Yeah the new weapons are great. Carbon Roller deco really does well with Burst bombs, but as I thought, Auto Bomb launcher is a bit gimmicky. I’d say the original carbon has the better special for the weapon.

mauhlin12

I gotta say I really like the Custom Squelchers, might be my new main. The new stage, Wahoo World is a lot of fun for Splat Zones too.

mauhlin12

Switch Friend Code: sw-1462-2641-1823 | Nintendo Network ID: mauhlin12

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic