Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 4,321 to 4,340 of 5,014

-Green-

The new dualie squelched essentially invalidate the existence of the former. Since the only original kit is terrible in comparison and the devs haven’t figured out what they want to with Tenta Missiles to make them comparable to other specials. As is Missiles serve a spam niche and is only consistently useful with teams. Not to mention, any alternative special will do its job better.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

mauhlin12

You're right. I can't think of any situation where vanilla squelchers are more useful than the new ones. Maybe if you're on a team with a really good charger so you can use sensors and missiles to mark the other squids so your charger can snipe them? I don't think we'll see vanilla get much use anymore.

mauhlin12

Switch Friend Code: sw-1462-2641-1823 | Nintendo Network ID: mauhlin12

Matthew010

Wahoo World is releasing today, according to Nintendo Everything.

Matthew010

NinjaAceTrainer

Yeah, the standard Dualie Squelchers have a rubbish set. Arguably the worst sub and special weapon. Autobomb rush is kind of situational, but when it hits, it hits hard. And Burst Bombs allow for a much quicker playstyle with the Carbon, being a quick ranged option to finish foes. I like the Deco set a lot, but as one who doesn't like using incredibly popular weapons, I'm not sure whether I'll like the Deco in the long term.

Just your everday ninja, who may also be an ace trainer.

-Green-

In general Tenta Missiles are bad, and gimp any weapon they’re on due to how significant a special is to a weapon. It’s for that reason that the moment an alternative pops up, its immediately dumped for the separate custom kit. The only exceptions are in the case of splashdown and maybe in outliers.

NinjaAceTrainer

Actually, I've changed my mind a little bit about Tenta Missiles. I still think that they're awful, but I have increasingly noticed myself being more passive and trying not to engage foes when I get targeted. The fact that targeting is visible to everyone can really ruin stealthy plays too. But aside from that, at best it's a bad Echolocater with a gimpy attack, and at worst it's a way to spread a bit of turf near enemies.

Just your everday ninja, who may also be an ace trainer.

-Green-

Specials use to be super spammable in this game. Like at one point it was not uncommon for weapons get their special more than 7 times a match. Now it’s more like 3. Which is probably a good change overall.

Ninfan

@Missile missile what other games can you play online on3DS .or do you have 3DS

Ninfan

ZockiGalore

Got a lot of disconnects during the last hour, but my internet seems to do just fine ... hopefully this will not become a trend

ZockiGalore

Grumblevolcano

In the News section on the Switch, there's an article in which you can obtain a Splatoon 2 World Championship shirt if you start the game via the article's "Play Splatoon 2" button.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NinChocolate

Q: Anyone know about sub weapon boosts? Are they stackable if you accumulate multiple of the same enhancement in your equipped items ?

NinChocolate

Skid

@NinChocolate You mean sub power up? Burst, splat, and suction bombs are only thrown further. Curling bombs slide further and faster. Squid beakons everyone jump to faster. Sprinklers fast mode last longer. Ink mines radius is larger I believe.

Oops to answer your question yes, it is stackable. A quick Google search will give you exact specs.

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

Grumblevolcano

Key info from the Splatoon 2 tournament:

• New weapons and stages until December 2018
  • Octo Expansion releases tomorrow evening (NA), Thursday morning (Europe/Japan), Thursday afternoon (Australia/New Zealand)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Matthew010

Octo Expansion OUT NOW on UK eShop! I know they said it's coming tomorrow, but it's downloadable right now!

Matthew010

Grumblevolcano

@Matthew010 It's been purchasable since March, the update the activates the expansion isn't coming until later.

Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

The update is now available.

Grumblevolcano

Skid

How tho? It's 10 CT and I can't download it it. I'm getting miffed

EDIT: If you are having trouble figuring it out, like I was, just highlight the Splatoon icon and press the + button. From there just choose Software Update.

Edited on by Skid

Switch

Grumblevolcano

@NapalmPsalm I just went to the game icon, pressed +, went down to Software Update and selected Via the Internet. The update then downloads and if you already bought the expansion you'll have access to it.

EDIT: Oh, you figured it out.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Skid

@NapalmPsalm Haha, yeah. I just thought it would automatically do it like other updates for other games. I'm not used to the + function. Thanks though!

Switch

GoldenGamer88

Those Mem Cakes are the cutest things ever. I take a screenshot everytime I get one <3

And those multiheaded jellifish are the creepiest. I legit dropped my Switch when I saw them.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic